New owner with a few questions

Yea it actually totally sucks like @Neurio said
It definitely does still need location. This is what the mobile key shows me in the app with location off
SmartSelect_20240211_105401_Lucid.jpg

Just tried and the car didn't unlock until I turned location on. Must be the bubble gum holding your car together.
I swear you complained about the car not locking anymore before when you turned location off. Either way, bubble gum works!

I swear you complained about the car not locking anymore before when you turned location off. Either way, bubble gum works!
I may have spoken too soon. We just walked our dog and my car unlocked both times we went through the garage with Location off. My car must have been in its 'deep sleep mode' when I tried earlier. As much as it pains me to say it, you may be right @hydbob.

I may have spoken too soon. We just walked our dog and my car unlocked both times we went through the garage with Location off. My car must have been in its 'deep sleep mode' when I tried earlier. As much as it pains me to say it, you may be right @hydbob.
If my lightly educated theory is correct, that makes sense. Your phone will still wake up and look for the car occasionally, the "last car location" geofencing would just make it quicker when you walk up to the car and both car and phone are sleeping. I'm curious if you continue to see any difference in reliability with location services off.

7. Is there a way to have the car lag the driver less when using highway assist? It seems it bugs the driver every 14 seconds to grab the steering wheel, even when it is being held. For example, when driving on a long, straight, flat freeway, my hand is holding the steering wheel at about 7 or 8 o'clock and just holding it straight because that's all that needs to be done. However, the car doesn't register my hand is touching the wheel and so every 14 seconds it makes me move the steering wheel so it knows I'm paying attention. Honestly, at this point, I think I'll be using adaptive cruise more often than HA, because it is just so annoying.
Just drove from San Diego to San Antonio with HA on long stretches of straight highway. You need to totally relax your arm, no muscle tension with your arm hanging limp with your fingers just resting on the wheel. The only time I get an alarm is when HA does a wtf move and I have to counter it and I forget to relax my arm afterwards. I kind of have to retrain myself on using HA since I never use it for daily driving and only use it for long trips. My left hand is at the 6:30 to 7 position. Hope this works for you as well as it does for me.

Back