Keep car unlocked

tgerdes

Cars
Touring
When my car is in the garage, I want to keep it unlocked. Every time I go out to get something out of my car I get there and realize my car is locked and I have to go back in and get the key. When I unlock from the app, the car seems to lock itself (very quickly). Please tell me there is a way to keep it unlocked.

When my car is in the garage, I want to keep it unlocked. Every time I go out to get something out of my car I get there and realize my car is locked and I have to go back in and get the key. When I unlock from the app, the car seems to lock itself (very quickly). Please tell me there is a way to keep it unlocked.
Turn off passive lock. Settings, vehicle, locks

Turn off passive locking in the settings on the Pilot Panel. It will only lock when you physically press in the door handle or lock via the app.

Keep in mind that the above behavior will happen no matter where you are at. I know other popular EV car brands can geo fence your home to keep doors unlocked only at your house. At this time, lucid can not do this from my understanding. It’s either no passive unlock/lock or passive unlock/lock.

Keep in mind that the above behavior will happen no matter where you are at. I know other popular EV car brands can geo fence your home to keep doors unlocked only at your house. At this time, lucid can not do this from my understanding. It’s either no passive unlock/lock or passive unlock/lock.
Geofencing has been on the wishlist for a long time.

Geofencing has been on the wishlist for a long time.
Definitely! I just didn’t want OP to leave his car unlocked in public. Thanks for the confirmation Bobby.

Thanks! I'm happy to hear this is a possibility. I'll look into those settings, and appreciate the clarification about needing to explicitly lock after I enable the feature.

I can lock the doors by pushing the handle in? It looks like I can also unlock the doors by pushing the handle in?? I feel like there are so many hidden features. Is there a list somewhere? I randomly discovered launch mode just by playing around in the menus. That was a nice little surprise.

Last edited:
Yep. I keep the car unlocked so I can get in and out of it in my garage and I have trained myself to lock the car when I leave. Of course, if Alzheimer's rears its ugly head, I could forget but I can always check in the app and lock it with the app.

🤦🏼‍♂️

How do I get the car to "turn off"? Now that I'm keeping it unlocked it seems to stay on for at least a while after I go into my house. My phone stays connected to it and I can't watch videos on my phone because the bluetooth is still connected to the car.

How do I get the car to "turn off"? Now that I'm keeping it unlocked it seems to stay on for at least a while after I go into my house. My phone stays connected to it and I can't watch videos on my phone because the bluetooth is still connected to the car.
It'll shut off after about 10 min.

Back