Keep car unlocked

Question for those that switch off passive lock. If the vehicle remains unlocked and you charge it, are you able to remove the charger without doing anything else (like opening the doors etc.)?

Question for those that switch off passive lock. If the vehicle remains unlocked and you charge it, are you able to remove the charger without doing anything else (like opening the doors etc.)?
Yes.

For those of you that have switched OFF passive lock. I tried this over the weekend, and was disappointed to discover the doors still lock after a period of time (door handles closed), while the mirrors remain unfolded. I guess there's no way to keep the vehicle completely unlocked?

For those of you that have switched OFF passive lock. I tried this over the weekend, and was disappointed to discover the doors still lock after a period of time (door handles closed), while the mirrors remain unfolded. I guess there's no way to keep the vehicle completely unlocked?
I think the car just retracts the handles when it powers down. Should still remain "unlocked"

I've comment in the other thread. I'd prefer the handles remain out so they don't have to fight frozen precipitation when parked outside in inclement weather.

I've comment in the other thread. I'd prefer the handles remain out so they don't have to fight frozen precipitation when parked outside in inclement weather.
They close so it is not a glaring advertisement to strangers that it is unlocked.

If I were worried about strangers I'd lock it. When I leave it unlocked I'm not concerned about people knowing it's unlocked.

I thought this to be an issue for awhile already as my garage is too narrow to have passengers on the right side get in until after I reverse out of the garage.

Procedure:
1- Enter vehicle
2- Reverse
3- Stop
4- Toggle to park
5- Press unlock button
6- Passengers Enter vehicle
7- Drive

Where it should just be 3 steps
1- ALL Enter vehicle
2- Reverse
3- Drive
How about:
1-Car opens the garage door and backs itself out
2-All enter vehicle
3-Drive (and the car locks itself)

Now that even relatively inexpensive cars are doing that, I hope it's on their list. Even in the long run, I don't anticipate needing the car to do more than move straight back or forward, with enough steering to keep it on the right path. For now, I'd settle for the car not locking itself right away. I can probably go a couple of decades before I'm not flexible enough to get into the car, but for some people that can be high on the list.

Back