Soft Reset Procedures

Of course, I'd also like to keep Bobby in my trunk to help with this type of issue when I'm not lucky :)
Well, that explains people hearing a voice that sounds like someone is in the trunk trying to talk with a sock in his mouth. Tell @Bobby you're sorry!

Well, that explains people hearing a voice that sounds like someone is in the trunk trying to talk with a sock in his mouth. Tell @Bobby you're sorry!
I usually have water, beer & soda in my trunk & leave some for Bobby so he's hydrated :) :) Leaving food will be dependent upon how responsive he is when my car craps out & I don't know the secret handshake or password or whatever is required to get going again :) :)

These methods demonstrate the need for Lucid to put an on screen restart/shutdown in the UI and a simple, approved (non-no-no) steering wheel button reset mechanism. Sometimes, exiting the vehicle may not be safe if a restart is required.
Absolutely right.

I got stuck yesterday when my AT wouldn't shift out of Park even though the car was on and audio, etc worked. I had to unbuckle grumpy confused toddlers and switch to my wife's Tesla to take them to school. Not fun! When I got home i called customer service and their valet reset method failed so they bumped it up to the next level technician. I got a call within 5 minutes and was told to do a reset specifically "for a certain module" He had me put my foot on the brake and hold down the microphone button AND the Dream Drive buttons on the steering wheel. The cockpit and pilot panels began to slowly gray out and fade and I held the buttons and the brake for 30 seconds. When it rebooted it was fixed!
That was my fix also. I did this reboot last month. So Lucid must be making these reboots consistent through out the company. Hopefully they will determine why they are necessary to begin with. No bandaids but an actual fix.

I got stuck yesterday when my AT wouldn't shift out of Park even though the car was on and audio, etc worked. I had to unbuckle grumpy confused toddlers and switch to my wife's Tesla to take them to school. Not fun! When I got home i called customer service and their valet reset method failed so they bumped it up to the next level technician. I got a call within 5 minutes and was told to do a reset specifically "for a certain module" He had me put my foot on the brake and hold down the microphone button AND the Dream Drive buttons on the steering wheel. The cockpit and pilot panels began to slowly gray out and fade and I held the buttons and the brake for 30 seconds. When it rebooted it was fixed!
I tried this method of reset, it doesn’t work for me. 😢

I tried this method of reset, it doesn’t work for me. 😢
The "nuclear" reset, which you should never do unless instructed by Customer Care is the brake, X button, and microphone button.

The "nuclear" reset, which you should never do unless instructed by Customer Care is the brake, X button, and microphone button.
Oh, “X” button, I did the most left “Dream Drive” button simultaneously with microphone button.

This is very frustrating. I must put foot in my mouth bragging haven’t need to reset this car in 2023, now no reset method would work. I just texted my SA and see what he respond tomorrow. I’ll let the car sleep all night see if it fix the speakers issue tomorrow morning.

(Sigh 😔! This is a perfect car if it doesn’t frustrate me like this.)

I had a tech show me a hard reset yesterday. No mention of it being a problem. Car in park. Press on brake. Hold speaker and x buttons down on steering wheel for 15 seconds. Dash will go blank. Release. All screens will reboot.

I had a tech show me a hard reset yesterday. No mention of it being a problem. Car in park. Press on brake. Hold speaker and x buttons down on steering wheel for 15 seconds. Dash will go blank. Release. All screens will reboot.
Thank you for this reference!
OTA 2.0.58 fixed my muted speakers. I will remember to refer to this next time. I basically tried all possible reset and failed.

I just found this online for Rivian reset. Maybe @hydbob can make an educational pin up thread like this to show all Lucid owners for various kinds of reset. And @Bobby can add this on to Lucid Update website for others to quick reference.

D7FA3328-2D55-4DB0-A80E-7366EE730B3D.jpeg

The very first post is that no?

Just had this same issue yesterday for the first time where it wouldn't shift out of Park! Bobby reset (x2) fixed it but it was a really strange feeling when everything else was working but it wouldn't move off of Park...I thought I wasn't pressing the brake pedal enough or didn't have the seatbelt latched correctly, etc.

My Lucid presented the deep reset brown loading screens yesterday when I jumped in to pick up some neighbors for brunch. Took a long time to boot up. After my turn signal cameras didn't work for the duration of the drive. I did a blinker reset at my destination and they were working again as we drove home. Not sure what triggered the deep reset.

I tried all resets except nuclear reset (factory reset) and two-buttons hard reset. My system was fixed with 2.0.58 OTA download, so maybe another optional method is OTA update for hard reset that can be documented somewhere in this forum.

That is a good workaround not having easy exit, easy entry. it also shows how easy it would be for Lucid to program easy entry/exit.
Today I realized fully how useful easy entry/easy exit is. I have that on my GV60. Today I had to go back to a store that gave me the wrong package and as I pulled out of my garage I remembered that I had left my water bottle in the garage. I had already pulled out of the garage into my driveway. I put the car in park and got out and got the water bottle. Because I hadn't turned the car off the easy exit had not activated. Getting back in was much harder (I am now 5 weeks out from my left hip replacement). As discussed, easy entry/easy exit is even more important on a sedan where the seat is low and one sort of falls into the seat.

There are lots of priorities for Lucid and I don't pretend to know where this one sits. But it deserves to be somewhere in the queue.

I'm at 2k+ miles and the closest I've had to a reset, is when the top part of my screen stopped working and support asked me to change to guest profile and back again. It seems a lot of people have had to do actual resets soft and hard. I'm hoping this is a good thing.

Adding the approved infotainment soft reset in here since we have multiple threads going. Go to settings -> About and hold down the Air logo.

Nope, it doesn't work for me.
I even tried card reset method before and after
Then the suggested method of Air logo to no avail.
Bummer.

Back