Soft Reset Procedures

I don't get it. So, the car resets itself every time it goes to sleep.
Between the sleep time(s), during the day, the car gets messed up, giving people quite few problems?

I don't get it. So, the car resets itself every time it goes to sleep.
Between the sleep time(s), during the day, the car gets messed up, giving people quite few problems?
Yeah, just like kids! 🤣

You put your right foot in
You take your right foot out
You put your right foot in
And you shake it all about
You do the hokey pokey
And you turn yourself around
That’s what it’s all about

You put your left foot in
You take your left foot out
You put your left foot in
You do the hokey pokey

You put your right hand in
You take your right hand out
You put your right hand in
You do the hokey pokey

You put your left hand in
You take your left hand out
You put your left hand in
You do the hokey pokey

You put your whole self in
You take your whole self out
You put your whole self in
You do the hokey pokey
I am convinced that this reset procedure could work.

I am convinced that this reset procedure could work.
Actually, I'm glad we can take it lightly, joke about it and still enjoy our cars.

So in effect, the car is reset every night when it's locked up with the fob and stays undisturbed in the garage > 20 minutes.
Is it correct understanding of the current state of affairs?
This is a little counter intuitive for me. It seems like you are locking your keys in the car (which I have tried not to do for 50 years). Please confirm the FOB should be INSIDE the car to facilitate a reboot. Am I also to understand that turning off phones bluetooth might be necessary if you are within bluetooth range of the car or it will sense you and fail to reboot. I will pick up my car in a few days and I know how critical rebooting is after reading these stories of software goof ups. Even though it is ill advised I would do the hard reset if a soft reset failed to clean up an operating problem ( more serious than sound of some non-operating issue). Thanks for everyone regarding the sharing of experience. If I didn't hear that many of these issues are reasonably easy to overcome I would not have signed the purchase docs. Paying on Monday. I am all in.

Please confirm the FOB should be INSIDE the car to facilitate a reboot.
No, I don't think you have the fob inside the car for a reboot.
My understanding is you lock the car with fob, walk away from it far enough or put the fob in a faraday pouch/box so that there's no communication with the car for 20 minutes or longer, with the phone also out range.
Others can correct me if I'm wrong.

My understanding is you lock the car with fob, walk away from it far enough or put the fob in a faraday pouch/box so that there's no communication with the car for 20 minutes or longer, with the phone also out range.
You have it right.

That is exactly correct. Performing a reset with the key card is the exact same thing except it turns off proximity sensing for a period of time. Not sure how long.

That is exactly correct. Performing a reset with the key card is the exact same thing except it turns off proximity sensing for a period of time. Not sure how long.
In some respect, I miss my Audi S8, almost my perfect daily driver.
No fussing, just drive.
But... As of now I'd never go back to the ICE car.

Actually, I'm glad we can take it lightly, joke about it and still enjoy our cars.
Funny thing is it might not be a joke. When you "take yourself" out and wait after that verse, it could reset.

My phone and tidal audio issue returned last night where vocals/voice sound muffled and far away. Last time, this was fixed by doing a reset and getting the loading screens to show up. Tried multiple resets again today but no loading screen and problem is still present. Hopefully one of these resets will take.

I ran into this Friday night for the first time. Except I hadn't read anything about resets. I came out of BevMo, was only in there five or ten minutes. The car opened, I had the left and right screen, and the pilot panel, but nothing behind the steering wheel. No way to start the car. I kind of freaked out a bit. I called Lucid and waited and waited and waited - for about 45 minutes. I got tired of hanging out in a dark parking lot, so I went into Sprouts and wandered around for a while. I guess I did a reset by accident. When I came out it was working. It was kind of unnerving being stranded like that. But next time I'll know what to do.

I ran into this Friday night for the first time. Except I hadn't read anything about resets. I came out of BevMo, was only in there five or ten minutes. The car opened, I had the left and right screen, and the pilot panel, but nothing behind the steering wheel. No way to start the car. I kind of freaked out a bit. I called Lucid and waited and waited and waited - for about 45 minutes. I got tired of hanging out in a dark parking lot, so I went into Sprouts and wandered around for a while. I guess I did a reset by accident. When I came out it was working. It was kind of unnerving being stranded like that. But next time I'll know what to do.
Hi, @Amster.

Thank you for sharing. I just sent you a DM.

Marqie

Worked for me....fifteen minutes or more seems to do the trick.

I got stuck yesterday when my AT wouldn't shift out of Park even though the car was on and audio, etc worked. I had to unbuckle grumpy confused toddlers and switch to my wife's Tesla to take them to school. Not fun! When I got home i called customer service and their valet reset method failed so they bumped it up to the next level technician. I got a call within 5 minutes and was told to do a reset specifically "for a certain module" He had me put my foot on the brake and hold down the microphone button AND the Dream Drive buttons on the steering wheel. The cockpit and pilot panels began to slowly gray out and fade and I held the buttons and the brake for 30 seconds. When it rebooted it was fixed!

I got stuck yesterday when my AT wouldn't shift out of Park even though the car was on and audio, etc worked. I had to unbuckle grumpy confused toddlers and switch to my wife's Tesla to take them to school. Not fun! When I got home i called customer service and their valet reset method failed so they bumped it up to the next level technician. I got a call within 5 minutes and was told to do a reset specifically "for a certain module" He had me put my foot on the brake and hold down the microphone button AND the Dream Drive buttons on the steering wheel. The cockpit and pilot panels began to slowly gray out and fade and I held the buttons and the brake for 30 seconds. When it rebooted it was fixed!
Wait a minute.. This is the one @Firstto520 told us not to do, right? Seeing it was under a technician it should be fine though.

OBTW: When the car was delivered, they setup a profile called comfort. It put the seat far back and raised the steering wheel. The idea was to switch to comfort when I parked to assist with entry and exit. When I entered the vehicle, it would detect my face and go to my profile. So, effectively doing a Bobby reset every time I exited the car.

That is a good workaround not having easy exit, easy entry. it also shows how easy it would be for Lucid to program easy entry/exit.

Paging @mcr16 for clarification on this 😁

That happened to me Wednesday. It was unfun. :confused: Luckily the service manager called and got me sorted pretty quickly with the same reset, which he encourgaged me not to use unless instructed by a Lucid tech.

Same thing happened to me today in a drive thru lane. After 60 seconds of tying up a lot of pissed off people behind me the car went into Drive. Later, after parking, the car behaved normally.
I'd rather be lucky than smart :)
Of course, I'd also like to keep Bobby in my trunk to help with this type of issue when I'm not lucky :)

Back