6 months and still can’t open doors!

I would delete every mobile key then add them again one by one and double check your passive lock/unlock settings.

I would delete every mobile key then add them again one by one and double check your passive lock/unlock settings.
This is the way it you are having problems with Mobile key.

Hardware is so different from one car to the next. But I will say, while the phone unlocking with my Model 3 was not very consistent when I first got the car, they definitely figured something out along the way and got it working pretty much 100%.

This gives me hope Lucid can still make some improvements for folks who still have this issue. For me, the fob is 100% consistent at this point. And the most I ever have to wait when I only have my phone is a second or two. Not sure if I’m just lucky and got a super great car with the best possible antennas. But I can’t help but think there is more to this than software in Lucid’s case.
My Pure responds the same way yours does with the fob. It’s 100% and if I‘ve been using the auto unlock upon approach and lock on walk away. I don’t even think about it anymore. In the garage I simply put the key in a small Faraday case to prevent unwanted locking/unlocking. EZPZ.

Yeah it works similarly for me then. It’s frustrating especially because my key fobs can also be fidgety. Lucid has looked at my car and told me I’m SOL. It happened right in front of them and they said yeah our software just isn’t up to snuff yet. The one thing they did note was my car locks extremely fast compared to others. I can close my main door and by the time I get to the charge port the doors already locked so the charge port won’t open. Same with the trunk. They tried looking into it when they had my car for a week but they couldn’t find a fix for it. All that to say I think the reality is it’s not going to be fixed how you are expecting it to be fixed maybe ever on your car since it’s potentially a hardware issue as well.

I would consider asking Lucid to swap your antennas. I know of one other case in which they did, and it fixed all of the fob / mobile key issues that car was having.

@menodude remove all your mobile keys and re-add them.

Attachments

• IMG_7492.jpeg
    IMG_7492.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
I would consider asking Lucid to swap your antennas. I know of one other case in which they did, and it fixed all of the fob / mobile key issues that car was having.

Will call service !

Adding to this thread that I am also having the same issues described by the OP.

I am only one week into enjoying my AT and have resigned myself to exclusively use the keycard for entry/exit. The phone proximity detection has not worked once for me and the keyfob is finicky at best, with fresh batteries, too.

I have adjusted to the keycard in the hopes that the unlock/lock issues that some, but not all, owners experience will be resolved by Lucid in time.

I tried when they had my car for a week. I even text them reminding them that the car unlocking was my #1 priority and that multiple people on the forums had their antenna swapped. They didn’t swap the antenna and when I showed up to prove that nothing was fixed they told me their software isn’t up to speed yet. It was a frustrating experience. Not to mention the next thing I tested was my frunk which still got stuck while trying to open it… in front of the rep. I’m going to make another ticket but I’m about an hour away from the Scottsdale service center and it’s not the most convenient. Last time the loaner also had a random phone inside and they asked several times for me to bring it back. So I drove their multiple times in a week just to have my pain points not addressed.

I tried when they had my car for a week. I even text them reminding them that the car unlocking was my #1 priority and that multiple people on the forums had their antenna swapped. They didn’t swap the antenna and when I showed up to prove that nothing was fixed they told me their software isn’t up to speed yet. It was a frustrating experience. Not to mention the next thing I tested was my frunk which still got stuck while trying to open it… in front of the rep. I’m going to make another ticket but I’m about an hour away from the Scottsdale service center and it’s not the most convenient. Last time the loaner also had a random phone inside and they asked several times for me to bring it back. So I drove their multiple times in a week just to have my pain points not addressed.
Thats a really bad experience... hope lucid can make it right for you! @mcr16 ?

Thats a really bad experience... hope lucid can make it right for you! @mcr16 ?
I didn’t even mention the worst part hahah. I travel for work about once a month. Unfortunately I had to schedule about 1.5 months out before my work schedule got adjusted and turned out I needed to be in Co the Thursday before my 7AM appointment. I booked a same day return flight. Asked them if I could leave my car at the service center and grab my loaner (airport is close by). They had no way of getting me the loaner safely after hours. That’s fine no worries (tesla does all the paperwork virtually and can give out keys virtually as well so I thought maybe). So I drive home an hour Thursday night and wake up early early Friday to drive an hour to give them my car. Everything goes smoothly until the following Tuesday when they call me to tell me they haven’t started working on my car yet but are about to start… My life circumstance definitely isn’t their fault but man it was frustrating hearing they hadn’t started after days of having my car when I was running around like crazy to get them the car to begin with. Then I picked it up that Friday and yeah that’s where I discovered some things weren’t properly fixed. To their credit I had about 10 items that were fixed but the two big hitters were not.

Edit: I forgot to mention the loaner unlocking was flawless and that’s how I knew it was a my car thing as well which I told them. I couldn’t get close to my garage inside the house without the loaner waking up which I loved. I can literally go up to the handles of the car and push them with the fob in my hand before the car wakes on my car.

Last edited:
I didn’t even mention the worst part hahah. I travel for work about once a month. Unfortunately I had to schedule about 1.5 months out before my work schedule got adjusted and turned out I needed to be in Co the Thursday before my 7AM appointment. I booked a same day return flight. Asked them if I could leave my car at the service center and grab my loaner (airport is close by). They had no way of getting me the loaner safely after hours. That’s fine no worries (tesla does all the paperwork virtually and can give out keys virtually as well so I thought maybe). So I drive home an hour Thursday night and wake up early early Friday to drive an hour to give them my car. Everything goes smoothly until the following Tuesday when they call me to tell me they haven’t started working on my car yet but are about to start… My life circumstance definitely isn’t their fault but man it was frustrating hearing they hadn’t started after days of having my car when I was running around like crazy to get them the car to begin with. Then I picked it up that Friday and yeah that’s where I discovered some things weren’t properly fixed. To their credit I had about 10 items that were fixed but the two big hitters were not.

Edit: I forgot to mention the loaner unlocking was flawless and that’s how I knew it was a my car thing as well which I told them. I couldn’t get close to my garage inside the house without the loaner waking up which I loved. I can literally go up to the handles of the car and push them with the fob in my hand before the car wakes on my car.
I dropped off my car for service and they dodn't start working on it till 2 days later. Just busy and not enough service techs due to the holidays. Also, maybe a tech called out sick. You never know.

I dropped off my car for service and they dodn't start working on it till 2 days later. Just busy and not enough service techs due to the holidays. Also, maybe a tech called out sick. You never know.
Yeah I was definitely understanding and didn’t make it a big deal. But I was a little irritated internally about it.

How do I ever get this to work??
This is what your site says ;
A warm welcome, every time.
Hello there, Air. As you approach the car, it recognizes your device and greets you with a welcome sequence that automatically unlocks the doors, engages the lighting, and extends a handle. Upon settling in, facial recognition adjusts select settings to your personalized preferences so you're ready to roll.

I have purchased a new iPhone 15 pro, I installed and reinstalled app, disconnected and reconnected Bluetooth, rebooted a zillion times , followed all recommendations and suggestions.

The car still does not recognize the phone as a key and the proximity sensors don’t work.

Without the key fob the doors don’t open.
I get locked out all the time and have to use the card or go back bd get the key fob.

Pressing the door handle just locks it up and if so ever presents the handles for a second and closes
Without giving an opportunity to open the door.

It has all the updates and still fails to KP e the Damn door !

When are you guys ever going to fix this issue.
if the key fob is in your pocket or on your person it will do this, not so with phone is my experience

Why do you have 2 mobile keys assigned to your profile?

Back