6 months and still can’t open doors!

In my experience (23 Pure ), both Android phone and key fob takes a few seconds to wake up the car, the phone more so than the fob.

When I see posts like this I have to wonder:

Why would Lucid make unique software for each car around entry/exit locks ?

Some folk like me have had flawless response to the fob and the phone (Pixel 8), and the card, since new. (18 months ownership)
Other owners got the software with problematic or unfix-able issues.

I find this hard to believe.

Occam's Razor: you f=ed up the set=up. Delete everything you've done paring the keys, all the keys, all the phones (current and past), and start over.

When I see posts like this I have to wonder:

Why would Lucid make unique software for each car around entry/exit locks ?

Some folk like me have had flawless response to the fob and the phone (Pixel 8), and the card, since new. (18 months ownership)
Other owners got the software with problematic or unfix-able issues.

I find this hard to believe.

Occam's Razor: you f=ed up the set=up. Delete everything you've done paring the keys, all the keys, all the phones (current and past), and start over.

well that because it’s not totally a software problem that offers different experiences, it’s a hardware problem for many. This is why antenna replacements are a solution for many of us. Not to mention, once antennas get replaced, they roll out a handful of software updates to make the new revision of antennas work with your car. So no it’s not just software fragmentation for each car but there are differences in hardware that make slight differences in software.

well that because it’s not totally a software problem that offers different experiences, it’s a hardware problem for many. This is why antenna replacements are a solution for many of us. Not to mention, once antennas get replaced, they roll out a handful of software updates to make the new revision of antennas work with your car. So no it’s not just software fragmentation for each car but there are differences in hardware that make slight differences in software.
True, but that being said, I just can't shake the belief that for many, it's a phone issue. Some phones just don't seem to work well. Having a Samsung Android and and Apple iPhone (13), I can honestly say the iPhone is heads above my Samsung as a key. The iPhone works everytime and I often have to unlock the Samsung before it unlocks the doors (unless I'm in my garage just walking by - then it works 100%!). There are several things that may cause it not to work. Not allowing the OS to sleep the app, enabling location services, etc. I know that even some with iPhone have issues - maybe most of those are hardware issues? It may be impractical for most folks but if you could enable another phone as a key, give it a try?

True, but that being said, I just can't shake the belief that for many, it's a phone issue. Some phones just don't seem to work well. Having a Samsung Android and and Apple iPhone (13), I can honestly say the iPhone is heads above my Samsung as a key. The iPhone works everytime and I often have to unlock the Samsung before it unlocks the doors (unless I'm in my garage just walking by - then it works 100%!). There are several things that may cause it not to work. Not allowing the OS to sleep the app, enabling location services, etc. I know that even some with iPhone have issues - maybe most of those are hardware issues? It may be impractical for most folks but if you could enable another phone as a key, give it a try?
I have both an Iphone 15 pro and Pixel 8. However, what I wrote above did not have mobile key in mind. I was thinking purely of the key fob. The phone key is a completely different animal with many variables so you are 100% right there. I understand (maybe not fully though) all of the variables and limitations. I have dabbled in app development on both sides of the fence (not all that successfully I may add). But the point being is that I totally get there are a lot of variable that go into such a challenging task.

All that gets thrown out the window though when its key fob issues which are reported here practically weekly if not daily.

The other unfortunate hard reality is that many customers are not understanding nor do they even care about the amount of variables. If you advertise mobile unlock and it works poorly well you are going to hear it from those people. At the end of the day, products that sell well to the general audience typically provide an amazing customer experience. Iphones are extremely popular with the older crowd because the user experience is great. Apple makes a product that is idiot-proof in a sense. One that doesn't require a bunch of work arounds to get things to work. Unfortunately, Lucid has a lot of work arounds to get things working flawlessly a lot of the time. If I had to suggest to my 75 year old grandpa how to do majority of the fixes here he would be completely lost and sell the car. Now think of all the people that aren't even here on the forum completely unaware of all the spiritual rituals we do to get the car working as intended....

I have both an Iphone 15 pro and Pixel 8. However, what I wrote above did not have mobile key in mind. I was thinking purely of the key fob. The phone key is a completely different animal with many variables so you are 100% right there. I understand (maybe not fully though) all of the variables and limitations. I have dabbled in app development on both sides of the fence (not all that successfully I may add). But the point being is that I totally get there are a lot of variable that go into such a challenging task.

All that gets thrown out the window though when its key fob issues which are reported here practically weekly if not daily.

The other unfortunate hard reality is that many customers are not understanding nor do they even care about the amount of variables. If you advertise mobile unlock and it works poorly well you are going to hear it from those people. At the end of the day, products that sell well to the general audience typically provide an amazing customer experience. Iphones are extremely popular with the older crowd because the user experience is great. Apple makes a product that is idiot-proof in a sense. One that doesn't require a bunch of work arounds to get things to work. Unfortunately, Lucid has a lot of work arounds to get things working flawlessly a lot of the time. If I had to suggest to my 75 year old grandpa how to do majority of the fixes here he would be completely lost and sell the car. Now think of all the people that aren't even here on the forum completely unaware of all the spiritual rituals we do to get the car working as intended....
You’re not wrong, but I will say the number of workarounds are becoming fewer and fewer. Just takes time.

You’re not wrong, but I will say the number of workarounds are becoming fewer and fewer. Just takes time.
How much time. A year, two?
Workarounds?
So many of us are frustrated, to say it softly.
If I want to enter my house, do I need a workaround to enter it from a backyard, a second floor balcony, or the basement hatch?
Like I said, frustrating.

How much time. A year, two?
Workarounds?
So many of us are frustrated, to say it softly.
If I want to enter my house, do I need a workaround to enter it from a backyard, a second floor balcony, or the basement hatch?
Like I said, frustrating.
You are not a prisoner, and can sell the car if you’re unhappy enough. I’m not suggesting you have to love it. I am suggesting that there are fewer workarounds needed than before, and the trend line is pointing in the right direction. That’s all.

I truly wish everyone had the same, relatively uneventful, relationship I suspect most of us have with our Airs. Sure I still have the occasional ’internet signal lost’, but that’s generally only a momentary event. However in the context of overall reliability, that’s nothing more than a minor glitch.

Here’s hoping everyone gets their issues straightened out.

Fob… back to not working properly
Kept in my pocket. This is the third time in past 6 months. Changed out as was told to switch to Panasonic battery per service. Still get the enter pin # nonsense as well. Quite frustrating as I know many have same issues per threads on forum. I have call in to replace my ANTENNA

Fob… back to not working properly
Kept in my pocket. This is the third time in past 6 months. Changed out as was told to switch to Panasonic battery per service. Still get the enter pin # nonsense as well. Quite frustrating as I know many have same issues per threads on forum. I have call in to replace my ANTENNA
They could also replace your fob.

Back