6 months and still can’t open doors!

menodude

Cars
Lucid air touring
How do I ever get this to work??
This is what your site says ;
A warm welcome, every time.
Hello there, Air. As you approach the car, it recognizes your device and greets you with a welcome sequence that automatically unlocks the doors, engages the lighting, and extends a handle. Upon settling in, facial recognition adjusts select settings to your personalized preferences so you're ready to roll.

I have purchased a new iPhone 15 pro, I installed and reinstalled app, disconnected and reconnected Bluetooth, rebooted a zillion times , followed all recommendations and suggestions.

The car still does not recognize the phone as a key and the proximity sensors don’t work.

Without the key fob the doors don’t open.
I get locked out all the time and have to use the card or go back bd get the key fob.

Pressing the door handle just locks it up and if so ever presents the handles for a second and closes
Without giving an opportunity to open the door.

It has all the updates and still fails to KP e the Damn door !

When are you guys ever going to fix this issue.

Hello there, Air. As you approach the car, it recognizes your device and greets you with a welcome sequence that automatically unlocks the doors, engages the lighting, and extends a handle. Upon settling in, facial recognition adjusts select settings to your personalized preferences so you're ready to roll.

I have purchased a new iPhone 15 pro, I installed and reinstalled app, disconnected and reconnected Bluetooth, rebooted a zillion times , followed all recommendations and suggestions.

The car still does not recognize the phone as a key and the proximity sensors don’t work.

I get locked out all the time and have to use the card or go back bd get the key fob.

Pressing the door handle just locks it up and if so ever presents the handles for a second and closes

Take a pic of the keys menu under your profile and post it here please.

Take a pic of the keys menu under your profile and post it here please.
Also, the phone settings like background app refresh, location settings, etc. Sometimes people follow some online guide to get 20 minutes more uptime per charge from their phone but are surprised that the functionality suffers.

Doesn’t sound like you set up mobile key.

Pictures and screenshots as asked for above, please :)

Yes - I had to unpair the mobile key from my old phone and then re setup on my iPhone 15 pro. Call CS and they will help you setup

I've been really critical of this feature. I've never been locked out though. When you are locked out of the car, does opening the app fix the issue? Can you open the app and manually unlock it that way?

If you are simply talking about the car not waking and unlocking while walking up then this is a known issue. I think someone here mentioned that it may be a mix of software and hardware issues thus don't expect a perfect fix on this with current hardware. Lucid has told me specifically that this is something that they can't fix at the current time as well.

Attachments

• IMG_7492.jpeg
    IMG_7492.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
I've been really critical of this feature. I've never been locked out though. When you are locked out of the car, does opening the app fix the issue? Can you open the app and manually unlock it that way?

If you are simply talking about the car not waking and unlocking while walking up then this is a known issue. I think someone here mentioned that it may be a mix of software and hardware issues thus don't expect a perfect fix on this with current hardware. Lucid has told me specifically that this is something that they can't fix at the current time as well.
Yes if the app wakes up I can unlock the door.
Rest of issues is as you mentioned.

Yes if the app wakes up I can unlock the door.
Rest of issues is as you mentioned.
Yeah it works similarly for me then. It’s frustrating especially because my key fobs can also be fidgety. Lucid has looked at my car and told me I’m SOL. It happened right in front of them and they said yeah our software just isn’t up to snuff yet. The one thing they did note was my car locks extremely fast compared to others. I can close my main door and by the time I get to the charge port the doors already locked so the charge port won’t open. Same with the trunk. They tried looking into it when they had my car for a week but they couldn’t find a fix for it. All that to say I think the reality is it’s not going to be fixed how you are expecting it to be fixed maybe ever on your car since it’s potentially a hardware issue as well.

Have you tried removing your mobile key and Bluetooth connection from the car and your phone, and then adding them both back in fresh?

My recommendation is to just use the FOB. The mobile key is very finicky and don't work consistently enough for me to let go of the fob. It appears every member experienced different issues, with some that have no issues, not sure how or they're just more tolerant.

I doubt the issue will ever get fix. I've learned to just tolerate of bringing a fob and a garage door opener, of which I never brought for years.

My recommendation is to just use the FOB. The mobile key is very finicky and don't work consistently enough for me to let go of the fob. It appears every member experienced different issues, with some that have no issues, not sure how or they're just more tolerant.

I doubt the issue will ever get fix. I've learned to just tolerate of bringing a fob and a garage door opener, of which I never brought for years.
I have neither a fob nor garage door opener and zero issues.

I have the same issues. Whether it be my phone as a key, or the key fob, I'm constantly walking up to the car and pressing on the door handles to try to wake up the vehicle. It could be a bad batch of hardware if some people are having the issue and others aren't, but it's happening consistently for many of us.

I have changed the key fob battery and the service center changed it as well, but the same issue keeps happening.

It's embarrassing to walk up to the car with others and not be able to open the doors.

Even when I open the app to try to unlock from there it takes time for the vehicle to wake up for the app to function. I just walked out to my tesla and the phone as a key opens immediately. The app also connects immediately in case I need it as a backup. With that said I'm hopeful it's software and Lucid can update to an acceptable level.

I have the same issues. Whether it be my phone as a key, or the key fob, I'm constantly walking up to the car and pressing on the door handles to try to wake up the vehicle. It could be a bad batch of hardware if some people are having the issue and others aren't, but it's happening consistently for many of us.

I have changed the key fob battery and the service center changed it as well, but the same issue keeps happening.

It's embarrassing to walk up to the car with others and not be able to open the doors.

Even when I open the app to try to unlock from there it takes time for the vehicle to wake up for the app to function. I just walked out to my tesla and the phone as a key opens immediately. The app also connects immediately in case I need it as a backup. With that said I'm hopeful it's software and Lucid can update to an acceptable level.
I may be talking out of my ass a little here so take what I say with a grain of salt but I honestly think its the way the Tesla always stays on. Tesla's are prone to phantom drain especially with sentry mode but man the consistency of the key and app to send directions or turn on the AC, etc... are really good. I'm starting to think part of it is the car being on so much. That is until someone else talks about how theirs works flawlessly then I get confused again.

I have neither a fob nor garage door opener and zero issues.
I'm an aggressive and impatient driver, I'm definitely the issue too. Bringing the garage opener is just easier while reversing. Almost hit my garbage container reversing one day due to my impatience.

I may be talking out of my ass a little here so take what I say with a grain of salt but I honestly think its the way the Tesla always stays on. Tesla's are prone to phantom drain especially with sentry mode but man the consistency of the key and app to send directions or turn on the AC, etc... are really good. I'm starting to think part of it is the car being on so much. That is until someone else talks about how theirs works flawlessly then I get confused again.
It could definitely be that the Teslas are programmed to stay on for responsiveness. Even without sentry being enabled I have the quick response time in my tesla which gives me hope that this could be fixed with software. That said I'm with you, I get confused when others talk about not having this issue at all.

By the way the newer teslas are much better with phantom drain. My model s plaid would lose 3 miles a day which was much better than my older model x.

Yeah it works similarly for me then. It’s frustrating especially because my key fobs can also be fidgety. Lucid has looked at my car and told me I’m SOL. It happened right in front of them and they said yeah our software just isn’t up to snuff yet. The one thing they did note was my car locks extremely fast compared to others. I can close my main door and by the time I get to the charge port the doors already locked so the charge port won’t open. Same with the trunk. They tried looking into it when they had my car for a week but they couldn’t find a fix for it. All that to say I think the reality is it’s not going to be fixed how you are expecting it to be fixed maybe ever on your car since it’s potentially a hardware issue as well.
😡😞

Hardware is so different from one car to the next. But I will say, while the phone unlocking with my Model 3 was not very consistent when I first got the car, they definitely figured something out along the way and got it working pretty much 100%.

This gives me hope Lucid can still make some improvements for folks who still have this issue. For me, the fob is 100% consistent at this point. And the most I ever have to wait when I only have my phone is a second or two. Not sure if I’m just lucky and got a super great car with the best possible antennas. But I can’t help but think there is more to this than software in Lucid’s case.

I always carry my fob with me but that's not always reliable especially when you come directly from behind of the car. I told the Millbrae service center about the issue and asked if they could verify the rear antenna but they said all other GTs are like mine and it's not an issue. They refused to replace the rear antenna (a fix some of the forum members did to get it to work). Oh well. It would be nice if I could press the trunk unlock button to force unlock the car similar to how you could press the door handles to unlock.

Back