Price now reduced by $7500

Everybody collectively empathizes in these situations, ultimately, it's Lucid's business decision. I hate bringing up Tesla, their sales were tanking in China, so they had to do the price decrease. Yes, there were angry customers who missed the cut protesting in their studios, but the net effect was a 10% increase in sales over Jan 2022.

If it were me, (and yes I would still be irritated for a hot minute) take it as a business decision that ensures the survival and growth of the company (so they can support your purchase and make even more awesome EV's)

China: After Price Cuts, Tesla Increased EV Sales In January 2023

Everybody collectively empathizes in these situations, ultimately, it's Lucid's business decision. I hate bringing up Tesla, their sales were tanking in China, so they had to do the price decrease. Yes, there were angry customers who missed the cut protesting in their studios, but the net effect was a 10% increase in sales over Jan 2022.

If it were me, (and yes I would still be irritated for a hot minute) take it as a business decision that ensures the survival and growth of the company (so they can support your purchase and make even more awesome EV's)

China: After Price Cuts, Tesla Increased EV Sales In January 2023

Well said. Thank you. You’re a more empathetic person than I am. And more pragmatic too.

Reactions: off
I told them that if they screw’s me over they are losing a customer for life
I think you are confusing the guys and gals wearing flag pins in Washington DC with your car company. If you think you feel screwed, try putting yourself in the shoes of an EV company, who started with the benefit of the credit, just to watch it get shifted to the competition who needs it a lot less. There are only losers here, unless you are Tesla or the legacy car manufacturers.

OK, we have all certainly heard you. Are you able to move past this and start enjoying the amazing car?
It's already clear what the "influencers" here want posted...the rest of us are still open to other viewpoints

Two issues I have with this $7500 discount. Effectively you are asking a buyer who wants Stealth to pay $13,500 for that option. Also, why no discount for buyers of non-Pures who want a metal roof?

It's already clear what the "influencers" here want posted...the rest of us are still open to other viewpoints
Many of us are open to other viewpoints but is there really a constructive way to be contrarian? It seems that no matter what others say, the only valid viewpoint is yours.

We've butted heads in the past, and while I can admit I was incorrect in some of my views, you seem entirely incapable of acknowledging that there are positives about the car and the company and that owners want to come here to discuss the positives without constantly reading the negative.

We've read your concerns, and yet you are another poster who seems to think the mods are somehow suppressing "the truth". The reality is we probably should be more heavy handed on some posts but we are not here to censor anything but keep things civil and keep the discourse on topic.

Please refrain from further accusations of supposed "influencers" trying to control a narrative that doesn't fit the one you've built in your mind. We are volunteers to keep the discussion on track, on topic, and sometimes to protect people from themselves.

Also, why no discount for buyers of non-Pures who want a metal roof?
Because it’s not about benefiting customers it’s about moving cars. March 31st is the end of Q1 so it’s designed to get the cars Lucid is producing now sold. We all know the Touring is the least popular model so this is probably a push to get new orders and possible Pure conversions. The configurations they’ve chosen also have room for discounting vs base trims no doubt.

My 2 cents

Stating the obvious here, Lucid decides whatever's best for Lucid's business.
We can still vent and empathize with one another, but I'm of the personal belief that no degree of discussion here would make a difference to Lucid's pricing strategy.

Many of us are open to other viewpoints but is there really a constructive way to be contrarian? It seems that no matter what others say, the only valid viewpoint is yours.

We've butted heads in the past, and while I can admit I was incorrect in some of my views, you seem entirely incapable of acknowledging that there are positives about the car and the company and that owners want to come here to discuss the positives without constantly reading the negative.

We've read your concerns, and yet you are another poster who seems to think the mods are somehow suppressing "the truth". The reality is we probably should be more heavy handed on some posts but we are not here to censor anything but keep things civil and keep the discourse on topic.

Please refrain from further accusations of supposed "influencers" trying to control a narrative that doesn't fit the one you've built in your mind. We are volunteers to keep the discussion on track, on topic, and sometimes to protect people from themselves.
Since you're personalizing this (my comment was general) I'll say you're one of the Moderators I consider to be Moderate. IMO there are others who seem to use there position of authority to suppress (I won't say intimidated) contrary opinions. As you admit "many of us are open to other viewpoints"..I was addressing those of you who aren't.

The idea that I think only my viewpoint is valid---nonsense--the comment of mine you criticize was in defense of another person's post.. Not even mine.

Of course there are positives about the car!! I spent half an hour on the phone today (finally) with the DA trying to define the real deal with price, rebate, metal roof, DDP (trial version?), delivery date, etc etc.

Positivity about the car dominates this site, and what negativity there is comes in largest part from owners expressing their disappointment.

I appreciate your dedication to this forum which I --and I know many others--have found invaluable in the year-long process of trying to determine whether buying this car, at this time, is the right personal choice.

Since you're personalizing this (my comment was general) I'll say you're one of the Moderators I consider to be Moderate. IMO there are others who seem to use there position of authority to suppress (I won't say intimidated) contrary opinions. As you admit "many of us are open to other viewpoints"..I was addressing those of you who aren't.

The idea that I think only my viewpoint is valid---nonsense--the comment of mine you criticize was in defense of another person's post.. Not even mine.

Of course there are positives about the car!! I spent half an hour on the phone today (finally) with the DA trying to define the real deal with price, rebate, metal roof, DDP (trial version?), delivery date, etc etc.

Positivity about the car dominates this site, and what negativity there is comes in largest part from owners expressing their disappointment.

I appreciate your dedication to this forum which I --and I know many others--have found invaluable in the year-long process of trying to determine whether buying this car, at this time, is the right personal choice.
I guess you did not see the poll of owners about the bugs to be fixed and features to be added. Please do.https://lucidowners.com/threads/mega-poll-software-wishlist.4486/

None of us moderators are perfect, just like no human is, but to say that it was a “general comment” is pretty much nonsense since it was by definition an attack on “some” of the moderators who are a very specific, and small, group.

I have no idea whether you think I’m “moderate” or not, but frankly it’s somewhat irrelevant, as I do my very honest best to be moderate at nearly all times, and we all try very hard to improve the vehicle by setting up software bug polls, collecting and delivering user data, and the like.

Literally zero of us think the car is perfect. We all know it has problems, and readily try to address those head on.

Positivity does *not* dominate this forum, and that is largely the issue here; if you think it does, then that is the impasse between what the moderators see while reading every thread and what you see while reading them. Negativity overwhelms positivity on this forum, and that’s okay, but that is why we end up having to moderate sometimes.

And, to be clear, we moderate both incessant lucid bashing and incessant lucid praising; neither is particularly good, nor is the bashing of other brands or vehicles. We do try very hard to be moderate.

Furthermore, we try very hard to make reasoned arguments using logic, rather than emotion. We can disagree, and that’s okay, but personal attacks will not be tolerated (and, to be even more clear, I’m not saying what you said was a direct personal attack).

Hi from Osaka, Japan. :)

Yessir!!!!
Did you in fact see a revised sales agreement? I am scheduled to pick up my Touring this Friday, my DA said I qualify for the $7,500 price reduction but called today and said that they will not be sending a new sales contract. I told him I cannot pick up the car without some kind of written documentation of their obligation to reduce the price and return funds to me. I am a little jittery about this but I can't pick uptake car without this written documentation (tooooooo many car salesman experiences in my life!). Anyone have meaningful thoughts? What would you do?

Did you in fact see a revised sales agreement? I am scheduled to pick up my Touring this Friday, my DA said I qualify for the $7,500 price reduction but called today and said that they will not be sending a new sales contract. I told him I cannot pick up the car without some kind of written documentation of their obligation to reduce the price and return funds to me. I am a little jittery about this but I can't pick uptake car without this written documentation (tooooooo many car salesman experiences in my life!). Anyone have meaningful thoughts? What would you do?
I would be uncomfortable doing that as well. I was told by my DA yesterday that they are doing their best to send revised PAs that reflect the $7500 discount. I was told that I would receive one for sure prior to delivery. They said that they are focusing on people that are getting their vehicles delivered right now which is why I haven’t received one yet.

They have to do a revised contract reflecting the credits etc. otherwise the contract will be $7,500 over what you paid. If they just take $7,500 off what you owe and no documentation of it then take the car back for a full refund in the cooling off period and make $7,500. Then order another one with $7,500 off and you've saved yourself $15K 🤣

First, the moderators perform a superb, albeit, thankless job keeping this forum readable and a great public service. This forum serves an invaluable service for Lucid owners, past, present and future. I am much more comfortable knowing what I might expect, positive and negative, with my new Lucid thanks to all of you.

Now, about the $7,500.
I lucked out. last Thursday. At about 6:20 central time I received an email from Lucid informing me that the Touring I had just upgraded to from my Pure order three days earlier was eligible for the $7,500 discount. Within ten minutes a new on-line purchase agreement arrived. I then called my sales advisor to confirm this and he was jubilant. He said he was just about to phone me to make sure I received the email. The only fly in the ointment was that I was holding the cashier's check for the old, pre-discount amount. and picking up the car the next morning 150 miles away. I could not get to the bank in time to change it, which would have been a lot of paperwork. Lucid agreed to refund the difference by check in 30-60 days. I'm not totally pleased with that delay, but hey, as long as they keep their word, and stay in business, I'm good. The only discrepancy I see is that by calling this a "discount" rather than a "temporary price reduction" I still pay tax on the full, old amount. That's over $600 in tax.

I can understand how folks who picked up their Lucids a week ago would feel chagrined. If Lucid made it retroactive, how retro would they have to go? Back to February 1? January 1?

I'm sure Lucid felt a bit cornered by Tesla, Ford and others suddenly dropping EV prices. But that's the nature of the business.

I remain extremely pleased with Oliver, my Lucid sales advisor, who is always on the ball and was there for me whenever I need help or advice.

Received the revised order agreement today:

1676402098548.png

If Lucid is doing this because it they deem it to be in the best interest of the company, why are they extending the discount to those with Legacy pricing? It seems counterintuitive to me as it won't stimulate any new purchases.

Yes, but I had to fight for it but my DA sent it yesterday. I'm also getting a reduction in the sales tax that I paid. It's reflected on my dashboard and the amended delivery agreement.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230215_011203_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230215_011203_Gallery.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 91
First, the moderators perform a superb, albeit, thankless job keeping this forum readable and a great public service. This forum serves an invaluable service for Lucid owners, past, present and future. I am much more comfortable knowing what I might expect, positive and negative, with my new Lucid thanks to all of you.

Now, about the $7,500.
I lucked out. last Thursday. At about 6:20 central time I received an email from Lucid informing me that the Touring I had just upgraded to from my Pure order three days earlier was eligible for the $7,500 discount. Within ten minutes a new on-line purchase agreement arrived. I then called my sales advisor to confirm this and he was jubilant. He said he was just about to phone me to make sure I received the email. The only fly in the ointment was that I was holding the cashier's check for the old, pre-discount amount. and picking up the car the next morning 150 miles away. I could not get to the bank in time to change it, which would have been a lot of paperwork. Lucid agreed to refund the difference by check in 30-60 days. I'm not totally pleased with that delay, but hey, as long as they keep their word, and stay in business, I'm good. The only discrepancy I see is that by calling this a "discount" rather than a "temporary price reduction" I still pay tax on the full, old amount. That's over $600 in tax.

I can understand how folks who picked up their Lucids a week ago would feel chagrined. If Lucid made it retroactive, how retro would they have to go? Back to February 1? January 1?

I'm sure Lucid felt a bit cornered by Tesla, Ford and others suddenly dropping EV prices. But that's the nature of the business.

I remain extremely pleased with Oliver, my Lucid sales advisor, who is always on the ball and was there for me whenever I need help or advice.
Make sure they adjust the sales tax as well.

Back