Q1 Production 2314 cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
Ouch. They need to get the word out. I had someone run up to me in the parking lot a couple of days ago because she wanted one and mine was the first one she had seen. She seemed dedicated to buy and was going to the studio. I had someone else getting ready to take a photo of my car when I was walking up and he politely asked me if he could take the photo then asked me all about it. I get a lot of "what is that" also. I guess they are going to wait to produce the 100,000 vehicles for the Saudis in the Saudi factory?

Ouch. They need to get the word out. I had someone run up to me in the parking lot a couple of days ago because she wanted one and mine was the first one she had seen. She seemed dedicated to buy and was going to the studio. I had someone else getting ready to take a photo of my car when I was walking up and he politely asked me if he could take the photo then asked me all about it. I get a lot of "what is that" also. I guess they are going to wait to produce the 100,000 vehicles for the Saudis in the Saudi factory?
First Saudi produced vehicles in Sept, first deliveries in Saudi are supposed to start in May

Ouch is right and not promising. I sure hope they can get going, but so far demand is not there and there are few cars in the wild. Still have not seen one in Ohio, even though I know there are a couple. Very tough market for any high priced auto manufacturer and even tougher for a start up. Saudi market is one thing, but they really need the US market.

2,314 produced but only delivering 1,406 in the first quarter. WTF, I confirmed my pure order a long time and how about producing cars that can be delivered.

Ouch. I hope there will be parts and support for the useful life of my car. Glad they have a deep pocketed benefactor, who hopefully sees this as a long term play.

Reactions: raj
I'm one or the people whose car is ready but I have been pushing out my delivery and payment because the financial position of lucid scares me.

So I'm one of the 1k or so built but undelivered cars. I can afford the car but I'm scared to take on financing for a car that might go bust in a year. I think Lucid does a poor job of marketing and generating buzz. Rivian has a lot more buzz for example.

I wish the April 30 credit deadline were pushed as I suspect there are people like me who are waiting for earnings to make a decision on the car. If lucid were to announce another cash injection from PIF, I would be at ease. But they're burning through cash and don't have enough for operations beyond this year!

I'm one or the people whose car is ready but I have been pushing out my delivery and payment because the financial position of lucid scares me.

So I'm one of the 1k or so built but undelivered cars. I can afford the car but I'm scared to take on financing for a car that might go bust in a year. I think Lucid does a poor job of marketing and generating buzz. Rivian has a lot more buzz for example.

I wish the April 30 credit deadline were pushed as I suspect there are people like me who are waiting for earnings to make a decision on the car. If lucid were to announce another cash injection from PIF, I would be at ease. But they're burning through cash and don't have enough for operations beyond this year!
You should take delivery. This is a fantastic car and you will appreciate not waiting once you have it in your garage. Be at ease…. This company is not going under with the PIK financing it. If they didn’t, a legacy automaker would buy them in a heartbeat to jumpstart a luxury nameplate and provide the tech in the lower end models.

This is me right now. My car should be shipping any day now from AZ and I'm pretty concerned about the longevity. I keep looking at the lease numbers even though the rates are insane. I am still looking to roll the dice and hoping that they'll get $ if needed from PIf and Gravity hits it big. I'd feel a lot better if they had a car that was more affordable.

This is me right now. My car should be shipping any day now from AZ and I'm pretty concerned about the longevity. I keep looking at the lease numbers even though the rates are insane. I am still looking to roll the dice and hoping that they'll get $ if needed from PIf and Gravity hits it big. I'd feel a lot better if they had a car that was more affordable.
Same! I think I'll end leasing. I've never leased so I don't know if I get to own the car in the end or can convert my lease to financing etc

You should take delivery. This is a fantastic car and you will appreciate not waiting once you have it in your garage. Be at ease…. This company is not going under with the PIK financing it. If they didn’t, a legacy automaker would buy them in a heartbeat to jumpstart a luxury nameplate and provide the tech in the lower end models.

I had the same fears but I took delivery last month and haven't been happier. I've never gotten as many compliments or questions about a car as this one.

I think so too :)

Same! I think I'll end leasing. I've never leased so I don't know if I get to own the car in the end or can convert my lease to financing etc
You can. I was on the phone with financials and at the end of 4 yrs @ 10k they were saying the residual was ~48k interest around 8.6% all in like 140k which is pretty much GT money for a T.

I never leased ether, but they do a nice job explaining the process at least.

I had the same fears but I took delivery last month and haven't been happier. I've never gotten as many compliments or questions about a car as this one.
Word of mouth! I'm not a marketing guy but I don't really hear or see anything about lucids so hopefully the CEO is right that it's just a messaging issue.

I get endless questions about my Air. I can be honest when I tell people about it becuase it really is something very special and next level in every way. I have zero regrets buying and I talk with people as long as they want and answer all questions because I truly believe in the brand.

Don't fret, car is great. You know that. Production of Pure and Stealth options has just started. They did say 1st quarter will be a bummer. Lucid will be fine, absolutely no chance they will go bankrupt...not happening! Saudis will see to that! Go buy the car.....why base it on earnings? Doesn't make sense!

I had a guy in a high end Mercedes drop his window saying " What the hell is that! It looks absolutely AMAZING!! " and then followed me for a mile or two just to look more at the car!! Go buy the damn thing!

I see many more driving around Scottsdale! They all look beautiful! Best EV out there!

2,314 produced but only delivering 1,406 in the first quarter. WTF, I confirmed my pure order a long time and how about producing cars that can be delivered.
Supply chain issues- pivoting to hard roof, lux interior, different seats, stealth etc......dont worry, they will catch up. Not easy making all these difefrent configurations. Be glad they offer hard roof. Tesla got rid of that. Tesla is all about making the car cheaply, customer can go to hell....Lucid is about giving the customer what they want!!

Think Toyota. They finally woke up and they are far behind. They have nothing like Lucid Air or Gravity. Also Nissan and Honda are far behind. Lucid is here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back