Price now reduced by $7500

I sent my DA a message. She's back in the office today, so I expect to hear back. I got my car 5 days before this notice. I will let you know the response. Since it will almost pay for my PPF and Ceramic coating job, I'm will to work a little to get it.
Please do and let me know how the conversation goes..

You must take one that has already been completed and inspected with the options as is and accept car by no later then April to get the $ the rebate. I am getting mine today.

Bears has no more knowledge about the status of the 2,000 cars in the factory parking lot than any of us do. My gut is telling me that the bulk of those cars are waiting to be shipped to the Kingdom and European markets. It's really the only thing that makes sense. Ask yourself, why would Lucid continue to stockpile cars if there wasn't an order for them? The Saudi's are the only ones that we publicly know has a large order for cars in.
Given the parts shortages that all car companies have been facing, these cars could be waiting for parts.

@rfr and I were both in the same spot; no luck for us. Any delivery before 2/9/23 9am was not eligible, we were told.
That does suck for you guys, but I guess there needs to be a cut off. If it’s one day could it be one week? One month? One year? There’s always going to be somebody who’s disappointed.

That does suck for you guys, but I guess there needs to be a cut off. If it’s one day could it be one week? One month? One year? There’s always going to be somebody who’s disappointed.
I agree; and going by that logic e.g. one week, one month, one year... the only way to truly please everyone would be to give all owners who took delivery prior to that date, the credit. Which obviously would not get approved.. so I get it and have come to terms with it. If I was okay with buying it at the price I paid for it, not getting a 7500 rebate shouldn't negatively affect my perception on the car's value - at least that's my logic to make myself feel better. Just my $0.02!

Also seems like a possibility they will extend the offer or lower the price. They are not doing the 7500 to be nice, my guess is they have to much inventory that may not get better as they ramp up production.
I am going to try to keep my reservation with options that will delay until we see you this all ends.

Got my 'No' also. Nothing before the announcement date is being allowed I was told. Definitely worth the time it took to ask the question.
I’m not surprised. As much as it sucks this would open a huge can of worms not just for this credit but any future price reductions.

Also seems like a possibility they will extend the offer or lower the price. They are not doing the 7500 to be nice, my guess is they have to much inventory that may not get better as they ramp up production.
I am going to try to keep my reservation with options that will delay until we see you this all ends.
They'll do what market forces dictate--7500 could become 9,000 or 3750---on GT, Touring, Pure, roofs, glass, DDP, etc

They're into a dynamic pricing strategy that involves making bets in what motivates customers to buy and what doesn't.

Two Qs ago the backlog was 34,000...then in Nov 30,000, for which the stock market punished them.

The earning call later this month should shed some light

I told them that if they screw’s me over they are losing a customer for life and I encourage you to tell them that as well. We had no control over the delivery timeline so telling people to fully load cars for early delivery and then delivering them in an arbitrary 38 day window where customers lose out of not something a company that wants repeat business will do.

I hope management thinks that it was worth it to screw over some of their their earliest supporters in the hope of getting a free more orders

I agree; and going by that logic e.g. one week, one month, one year... the only way to truly please everyone would be to give all owners who took delivery prior to that date, the credit. Which obviously would not get approved..
It was precisely 38 days and they chose who fits in the window and not us customers. I wanted a delivery last year which would have given me the rebate and they decided not to make my car in time. And then they arbitrarily decided to offer it to people after the 38 day window.

It’s certainly not illegal but it’s something that makes them dead to me. Especially when they owe me $500 dollars and i have been told that it could take up to 6 weeks to get that payment. So apparently dates only matter to help them save money and not when they are the ones dragging their feet.

Question on this discount if anyone has completed a purchase with the 7500 off yet. Are they taking this off the MSRP thus lowering the overall taxes? I have a VIN already and am waiting for final pricing sheet but not sure how much of a loan I am supposed to be requesting, or what I should claim the value of the car is. Unfortunately i have a DA that is difficult to get a hold of and moves very slow... I'm getting a touring with glass roof, legacy pricing, no ddp or ssp so It's 99000 before any credits. Or is it 102150 because you include the destination fee/est. registration & document fees in the total amount of the vehicle? On the website it looks like the 1650 and 1500 have to be included in the financing instead of upfront. Someone please help me as I anxiously await the next stepp!!

It was precisely 38 days and they chose who fits in the window and not us customers. I wanted a delivery last year which would have given me the rebate and they decided not to make my car in time. And then they arbitrarily decided to offer it to people after the 38 day window.

It’s certainly not illegal but it’s something that makes them dead to me. Especially when they owe me $500 dollars and i have been told that it could take up to 6 weeks to get that payment. So apparently dates only matter to help them save money and not when they are the ones dragging their feet.
You’re right, it should have been 39 days. How dare they. 🙄

I'm confused. If you were so hell bent on getting the $7,500 rebate and they missed the Dec 31 cutoff then why didn't you cancel your order then? You clearly decided to eat it up and now you're annoyed you missed out on the promotion. Did you get your car pre price hike? If so, I bet you were happy Lucid honored that for existing reservation holders but now when its not in your favor you're not!. It's the luck of the draw unfortunately, just like those who watched the values of their Tesla's all drop by up to 20% overnight who had purchased them a week earlier etc. Tesla didn't start doing refunds.

If you get the refund then they have to give everyone the refund between Jan 1 and up to last week. This isn't how businesses operate and yes, some customers get screwed in the process which the company would know the risks of doing such a thing. They would also know they could lose some customers over it but more often than not a majority of them are false threats and people stay with them or come back.

For those that upgraded from pure to touring from this offer, how soon after calling sales team did you receive invite to configure your touring? I called in earlier today to upgrade but have not received any updates on my account yet.

For those that upgraded from pure to touring from this offer, how soon after calling sales team did you receive invite to configure your touring? I called in earlier today to upgrade but have not received any updates on my account yet.
It depends on you DA, I talked to my DA in the morning and 3 hours later I got the VIN, to day I got the PA and signed which is about 5 days later.

If you get the refund then they have to give everyone the refund between Jan 1 and up to last week. This isn't how businesses operate and yes, some customers get screwed in the process which the company would know the risks of doing such a thing. They would also know they could lose some customers over it but more often than not a majority of them are false threats and people stay with them or come back.

They are well within their legal rights to do this - as I am well within my rights to absolutely refuse to ever buy anything from this company ever again. As I said in my original message I hope that the $7500 makes up for losing a customer who was willing to wait 14 months and paid the increased price without complaint. Getting screwed not once but twice by a delivery sequence that I do not control is not pleasant and then they tack on delaying my refund for 6 weeks which is even more fun.

They are well within their legal rights to do this - as I am well within my rights to absolutely refuse to ever buy anything from this company ever again. As I said in my original message I hope that the $7500 makes up for losing a customer who was willing to wait 14 months and paid the increased price without complaint. Getting screwed not once but twice by a delivery sequence that I do not control is not pleasant and then they tack on delaying my refund for 6 weeks which is even more fun.
OK, we have all certainly heard you. Are you able to move past this and start enjoying the amazing car?

This recalls the old days of the now-defunct Tesla Owner Forum on the tesla.com site.

People whinging about getting screwed over, howling about losing value overnight, Tesla “losing my business forever”, blah, blah, blah…all old hat. We’ve seen it all before, we’ve heard it all before. Yet Tesla lives and thrives, and Lucid will too.

I got “cheated” out of a refund I felt entitled to because of a Tesla price drop. On the Tesla forum I threw my toys out of the pram.
I bitched, I moaned, I whinged, I complained. Then I kept my Tesla, got over it and moved on, and bought two more Teslas.

Forgive me for sounding utterly jaded but may I recommend you get in your beautiful new car - and just drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back