Q1 Production 2314 cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you go to any service center, you will see a backlog of cars being delivered (At least that is true in Millbrae). My charging experiences in California have all been very positive, so I think the "unsurpassed" charging network may be location dependent. I do know that recently when I went to an EA site there was a Tesla charging there to 100%. I think the Lucid is an amazing car and so far all components including charging have been very positive. I hope they get bidirectional charging working soon, that could make a very real difference. The touring is life 6.5 power walls.
Also, how many charge at a public station and how often? My wife NEVER used a public station once for her Tesla, she primarily drives in the city. I used it once for my Lucid and worked like a charm! For that one trip that you make a year.....I wouldn't compromise and get a Tesla for that reason! Prefer something else.

This year I have driven and used EA in these states and have not yet bricked — Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas. I think EA has higher demand in both east and west coasts, but they are not keep up maintenance with good up-time. I think Dave Connor is doing all of us a great service to publicly shaming EA. If public DCFC network brand gets subsidies or contractually gives other EV brands free juice, it should have fiduciary duty to keep its service up. Sadly, Tesla cult followers like to use EA failure as Tesla marketing boost. I’m not sure if all of them wants to see world electrified, maybe they just want to see the world Teslafied.
Agree, Tesla fanboys are obnoxious haters of anything non-Tesla.....

I know a lot of people mention Tesla supercharger network, but in reality most people charge at home.
So I think it's just a bragging point and not as relevant to most people as you'd think.

Also when I did go to the superchargers with my Tesla, they were filling up very quick...
And some people even had to wait to use the charger. And I'm in Salt Lake City. I can't even imagine California or more populated regions.
Yeah, heard from a few Tesla owners...waiting at superchargers. Also, Tesla is going to open some up for other makes. Supercharge network is not a good reason anymore to buy a tesla unless you take a lot of long trips.

I think if you go to any service center, you will see a backlog of cars being delivered (At least that is true in Millbrae). My charging experiences in California have all been very positive, so I think the "unsurpassed" charging network may be location dependent. I do know that recently when I went to an EA site there was a Tesla charging there to 100%. I think the Lucid is an amazing car and so far all components including charging have been very positive. I hope they get bidirectional charging working soon, that could make a very real difference. The touring is life 6.5 power walls.
Yes. I had no problem driving to Temecula, CA and back from Fremont, CA. I plan on coast to coast drive and let you know my experience with charging Lucid.

Okay, folks, let's keep the personal attacks out of this, please? We all know how some of us feel about this CEO or that one. No need to get into a debate about it yet again. It never ends well.

We can compare various CEOs without resorting to name calling, surely?

I'll be shutting down this thread if we all can't agree to stick to the guidelines.

Okay, folks, let's keep the personal attacks out of this, please? We all know how some of us feel about this CEO or that one. No need to get into a debate about it yet again. It never ends well.

We can compare various CEOs without resorting to name calling, surely?

I'll be shutting down this thread if we all can't agree to stick to the guidelines.
Sorry, let me be clear: I’m not actually intending to attack Musk specifically, or even to prop up Rawlinson specifically, and if it came across that way, I apologize; that was not my intent.

My goal is to contrast *styles* and argue against the oft-lauded “a good CEO is a douchebag CEO” myth that exists solely due to selection bias and because people love controversy.

Most douchebag CEOs drive their companies into the ground. A few win, and those that do usually have the company to thank much more than their leadership style in particular. Companies tend to succeed *in spite* of their CEO being a douche, not because of them. That’s all I’m trying to say.

[edit] A corollary of this is that you don’t hear about most CEOs in the media; you only hear about the ones intending to be controversial to get stories. You’ll very often hear about *companies* and their *products* in the media, but you don’t need to be a controversy-loving CEO in order to build a great business.

Gents, for starters, I'm not a big fan of Musk. But i think you loose perspective on the hatred impulse.
Let's be honest, without Musk, Lucid would not exist (electric infrastructure and the rest of it).
Think about that.

Gents, for starters, I'm not a big fan of Musk. But i think you loose perspective on the hatred impulse.
Let's be honest, without Musk, Lucid would not exist (electric infrastructure and the rest of it).
Think about that.
Agreed. And?

Someone can both have done great things and still be a bad role model for what a CEO should act like. Happens all the time.

That doesn’t take away his having been seminal and extremely influential in paving the way for EVs.

You should take delivery. This is a fantastic car and you will appreciate not waiting once you have it in your garage. Be at ease…. This company is not going under with the PIK financing it. If they didn’t, a legacy automaker would buy them in a heartbeat to jumpstart a luxury nameplate and provide the tech in the lower end models.
I second Sandvinsd's sentiments. If first impressions remain (my Touring delivered 3 weeks ago) the lack of sales are due only to a lack of promotion (public lack of awareness) and for the informed, concerns like yours around being a guinea pig customer with a start-up company. COTY awards only reach out to the 5% like us - LUCID needs to reach all those realtors and pharma reps who have big budget company cars and like to have something "nice" to take their clients to lunch in.

In the very unlikely event that LUCID goes belly up - the big players would bidding against each other to get the assets (brand new, presumably state of the art factori(es)) and serious IP that might be worth just as much as the physical assets. I am not concerned about LUCID "going away" as an ongoing concern.

For that only.... I give Musk credit, the transormation of transport....
Don't minimize it, glorify it.
I know, people deviate on this forum and despise him for Twitter's purchase. So fuckin what.
His money, his decision, his purchase.
Whatever he is: narc, myso, self, macro, in my book, he's a visionary.
Shrude business man, prick for sure, but visionary.
Again, without him, Lucid would not exist.

I know, people deviate on this forum and despise him for Twitter's purchase. So fuckin what.

Visionary? Agree with regards to EV's....his committment and belief in Tesla. But I don't agree with regards to his other endeavours until he shows results. Mars? Robotaxis?

I would rather he spend his efforts ( money) in saving planet Earth than running off to Mars. And he definetly shouldn't alienate half his customer base by going political. Shows he isn't the smartest. Doesn't have high emotional IQ and quarrels on Twitter.

What would you say to a man who repeatedly says Robotaxis are coming this year since 2018? How could you be off by a decade, or maybe more, or maybe never?

Rawlinson in my books is a class act! He was instrumental in designing the Model S. Musk originally wanted to base his EV off a Mercedes ICE platform. Rawlinson convinced him to start from scratch and make a dedicated platform, that was the birth of the Model S. What does Musk say? Rawlinson was NEVER a Tesla Chief engineer depite an actual announcement by Tesla.!! Go figure.

Straubel was the one who figured out how not to make batteries explode. Tesla's original founders had the idea to make an EV sportscar- the Tesla Roadster. Musk just got everyone together- for that I give him credit. And for his preserverance against all odds.

And BTW, Rawlinson is a "real" Engineer. Musk isn't ,though he says he is, he never got a degree in Engineering.

... without Musk, Lucid would not exist.
Great! We agree!

That doesn’t make him a good CEO we should all strive to emulate.

People can do good things and be bad people simultaneously.

And again: the point is larger than just Musk. He’s just an example.

Or, perhaps, neither minimize or glorify it? Maybe treat him and his companies for what they are and the value they provide, instead of glorifying douchebaggery as if it’s the cause of success?

Yeah - you guys in CA are so far ahead of most parts of the US. That must be really nice! The bidirectional could make a real difference. The Lucid is an amazing car! 🙂
They get some stuff... but the rest of us get the lack of other stuff such as...
3170-label.png

The lack of this on every product ever made.

Okay. This thread was supposed to be about Q1 production for Lucid. Remember that car company that's in the title of the forum?

Since that discussion is long over, I'm shutting this thread down. The world is full of people debating the merits of Elon Musk. I suggest you find one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back