Q1 Production 2314 cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you go to any service center, you will see a backlog of cars being delivered (At least that is true in Millbrae). My charging experiences in California have all been very positive, so I think the "unsurpassed" charging network may be location dependent. I do know that recently when I went to an EA site there was a Tesla charging there to 100%. I think the Lucid is an amazing car and so far all components including charging have been very positive. I hope they get bidirectional charging working soon, that could make a very real difference. The touring is life 6.5 power walls.
Yeah - you guys in CA are so far ahead of most parts of the US. That must be really nice! The bidirectional could make a real difference. The Lucid is an amazing car! 🙂

Yeah - you guys in CA are so far ahead of most parts of the US. That must be really nice! The bidirectional could make a real difference. The Lucid is an amazing car! 🙂
I'm having the same 100% success rate with EA here in Colorado. It's not just California that has a decent track record for EA chargers.

I'm having the same 100% success rate with EA here in Colorado. It's not just California that has a decent track record for EA chargers.
That is good. Then must be East coast then, as if you watch Dave’s recent part 1/2 videos, he had very little to no success of reaching full charging rate or even close and that was one long trip to Florida. And based on a lot I read on charging in this forum and other non Tesla EV forums, the success is not great in a lot of areas either.

Sure glad that people do have success and good to know! 🙂

The refresh Model S is right there with the Touring. They both offer better positives/negatives. Tesla also has the benefit of their unsurpassed charging network, which means something if you travel a lot. Watching Dave’s Out of Spec recent charging experiences really makes me cringe on his terrible charging experiences.

Do you consider Mercedes and BMW luxury brands? Like I said in my above post, Mercedes is being super aggressive now on EQS leases and maybe purchasing too. So, some luxury brands do offer aggressive discounts. Our current BMW X5 was purchased at a large discount, as were my previous BMW 5 Series. Same with our Mercedes GLS’s. Even when we purchased a Porsche Macan it was purchased at an aggressive discount. So, it is not just Tesla right now.

Lucid will need to do something, as I am seeing very few deliveries on this forum recently and they are still the new, relatively “unknown kid on the block” in an extremely competitive marketplace in a down economy with high interest rates.
I said Tesla is not true luxury because true luxury will keep enhancing creature comfort, not constantly deleting features for cost saving. Tesla is really tech-rich!!! Elon rather sleep in tiny home or factory floor with laptop access to supercomputer server. To him, break-thru tech is luxury, not perforated massage seats. To his CTO, COO, CXO, houses at Malibu Beach is luxury; but not Elon, he sold his Belaire mansion. Elon vision new rules, we are just living in his world.

I said Tesla is not true luxury because true luxury will keep enhancing creature comfort, not constantly deleting features for cost saving. Tesla is really tech-rich!!! Elon rather sleep in tiny home or factory floor with laptop access to supercomputer server. To him, break-thru tech is luxury, not perforated massage seats. To his CTO, COO, CXO, houses at Malibu Beach is luxury; but not Elon, he sold his Belaire mansion. Elon vision new rules, we are just living in his world.
Haha - that makes sense.

That is good. Then must be East coast then, as if you watch Dave’s recent part 1/2 videos, he had very little to no success of reaching full charging rate or even close and that was one long trip to Florida. And based on a lot I read on charging in this forum and other non Tesla EV forums, the success is not great in a lot of areas either.

Sure glad that people do have success and good to know! 🙂
This year I have driven and used EA in these states and have not yet bricked — Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas. I think EA has higher demand in both east and west coasts, but they are not keep up maintenance with good up-time. I think Dave Connor is doing all of us a great service to publicly shaming EA. If public DCFC network brand gets subsidies or contractually gives other EV brands free juice, it should have fiduciary duty to keep its service up. Sadly, Tesla cult followers like to use EA failure as Tesla marketing boost. I’m not sure if all of them wants to see world electrified, maybe they just want to see the world Teslafied.

Last edited:
To me, there are two separate issues with EA that often get conflated. The first is broken chargers, or ones that are a big hassle to get going with plug and charge. I have yet to experience this. But clearly others do, and that truly sucks. This is where EA deserves to get shamed.

The second is charging speed. If you ask me, people obsess over this way too much. So long as I can get myself up to the SoC I want in a reasonable time frame, I’m not really concerned with charging curves, whether or not I’m getting full speed, running my battery down to zero to get faster peak rates, etc.

It all feels like a big waste of effort to me.

As an example, I charged twice this week at EA. Once on a 350 charger and once on a 150. Both times I was starting out around 48% charged. And I was able to get it up to 80% in 20-25 minutes both times. That’s perfectly reasonable.

Was the 350 any faster than the 150? Not really. Its max speed was a bit higher, but the charge took just about as long, give or take a few minutes. But who cares? So long as that’s not taking an hour, I’m not going to get my knickers in a twist about it.

Porsche usually does not, but I know Mercedes EQS is offering very aggressive lease incentives right now. BMW typically will do that too, but not sure about them right now. So, it is not just Tesla being aggressive right now.
Saw a few 500 a month leases on leasehackr.

Reactions: DBV
This year I have driven and used EA in these states and have not yet bricked — Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas. I think EA has higher demand in both east and west coasts, but they are not keep up maintenance with good up-time. I think Dave Connor is doing all of us a great service to publicly shaming EA. If public DCFC network brand gets subsidies or contractually gives other EV brands free juice, it should have fiduciary duty to keep its service up. Sadly, Tesla cult followers like to use EA failure as Tesla marketing boost. I’m not sure if all of them wants to see world electrified, maybe they just want to see the world Teslafied.
Agree all EV chargers should be keeping up with maintenance, especially if getting govt subsidies. They have to reliable for EV’s to keep expanding. Crazy if that is not a requirement when getting a subsidy.

Not sure it has anything to do with Tesla cult followers, it is just a fact that Nationwide, Tesla Superchargers are way more reliable compared to non Tesla chargers and are super consistent to use and built out really well. I get that some States EA and other non Tesla chargers sound like they are performing, but that is still in the minority compared to Tesla Superchargers. Have to give Tesla credit, they did an awesome job building out and taking care of their Supercharger network.

So, at least for me, as of today it is a unique Tesla marketing boost and I am not a Tesla cult follower either. Sure will be a great today when all EV’s can be charged easily and reliably when traveling. 🙂

to 14k vehicles in 2023 n
And all the rest of us are saying is selling Gravity at $60k, which would lose Lucid tens of thousands of dollars per sale, will also not help profits.

The key to profit is selling things for more money than they cost to make.
The key to marginal profit is selling :)

Agree all EV chargers should be keeping up with maintenance, especially if getting govt subsidies. They have to reliable for EV’s to keep expanding. Crazy if that is not a requirement when getting a subsidy.

Not sure it has anything to do with Tesla cult followers, it is just a fact that Nationwide, Tesla Superchargers are way more reliable compared to non Tesla chargers and are super consistent to use and built out really well. I get that some States EA and other non Tesla chargers sound like they are performing, but that is still in the minority compared to Tesla Superchargers. Have to give Tesla credit, they did an awesome job building out and taking care of their Supercharger network.

So, at least for me, as of today it is a unique Tesla marketing boost and I am not a Tesla cult follower either. Sure will be a great today when all EV’s can be charged easily and reliably when traveling. 🙂
Well… this is my opinion…

I think Tesla is doing the world tremendous effort to get the ball rolling for electrification. Before Tesla, EV are just not cool, Tesla makes EV beating super cars of the decade and got everyone attention to get EV. Lucid is trying the same by beating Tesla in efficiency and range. But time has changed, the world is so obsessed with A.I. and automation now, Lucid is already up there as king of efficiency and should focusing a lot more on UI and UX improvement. The first 10 months of 2022 was disaster, people reading bugs in this forum or on social media just get spooked of long term prospect of Lucid start up. UX is very important, that is part of luxury experience. If I’m a CEO, I would be whipping ass harder and crank much midnight oils of IT department, be like Elon sleep in office and show up on Saturday eyeballing for headcount to see who doesn’t show up and yell “This office is fxxxing slacking off!!!” (I’m readinh his biography at the moment). The truth is I’m happier with Lucid UX20, but I wouldn’t mind to see UX30 in next year or so. When I get in Rivian, there are a lot of features I wish that Lucid can have. I haven’t got in EQS, but I’ve heard the similar sentiment.

Tesla makes good techie cars, but just bad at quality control and service bc of volume production. There are only 2 things that propelled Tesla above other brands, 1)their SCN, 2)drive-assist tech, now they are adding 3) price conviction into mix. To me, I just think other network inconsistency is magnified out of proportion to help Tesla sales. DCFC networks don’t bring in lucrative profit, but Tesla needs to subsidize and make their SCN premier to sell cars. Other networks don’t have cars to sell like Tesla. FSD is still beta. Without SCN, Tesla cars is really just overpriced imo.

Well… this is my opinion…

I think Tesla is doing the world tremendous effort to get the ball rolling for electrification. Before Tesla, EV are just not cool, Tesla makes EV beating super cars of the decade and got everyone attention to get EV. Lucid is trying the same by beating Tesla in efficiency and range. But time has changed, the world is so obsessed with A.I. and automation now, Lucid is already up there as king of efficiency and should focusing a lot more on UI and UX improvement. The first 10 months of 2022 was disaster, people reading bugs in this forum or on social media just get spooked of long term prospect of Lucid start up. UX is very important, that is part of luxury experience. If I’m a CEO, I would be whipping ass harder and crank much midnight oils of IT department, be like Elon sleep in office and show up on Saturday eyeballing for headcount to see who doesn’t show up and yell “This office is fxxxing slacking off!!!” (I’m readinh his biography at the moment). The truth is I’m happier with Lucid UX20, but I wouldn’t mind to see UX30 in next year or so. When I get in Rivian, there are a lot of features I wish that Lucid can have. I haven’t got in EQS, but I’ve heard the similar sentiment.

Tesla makes good techie cars, but just bad at quality control and service bc of volume production. There are only 2 things that propelled Tesla above other brands, 1)their SCN, 2)drive-assist tech, now they are adding 3) price conviction into mix. To me, I just think other network inconsistency is magnified out of proportion to help Tesla sales. DCFC networks don’t bring in lucrative profit, but Tesla needs to subsidize and make their SCN premier to sell cars. Other networks don’t have cars to sell like Tesla. FSD is still beta. Without SCN, Tesla cars is really just overpriced imo.
Btw, I’m not any brand’s fanboy. I just want the best, latest toy going into retirement and also what makes economic sense. We are an electric family now —- Lucid, Polestar and Rivian. And I am trying to persuade my college daughter for M3 or MY because of 6th price drop. She said to me, “No thank you. I don’t want to be that computer science department Tesla fraternity snub.” Looks like I have to wait 7th or 8th price drop to sway her.

I know a lot of people mention Tesla supercharger network, but in reality most people charge at home.
So I think it's just a bragging point and not as relevant to most people as you'd think.

Also when I did go to the superchargers with my Tesla, they were filling up very quick...
And some people even had to wait to use the charger. And I'm in Salt Lake City. I can't even imagine California or more populated regions.

If I’m a CEO, I would be whipping ass harder and crank much midnight oils of IT department, be like Elon sleep in office and show up on Saturday eyeballing for headcount to see who doesn’t show up and yell “This office is fxxxing slacking off!!!” (I’m readinh his biography at the moment).
People love to glorify douchebag CEOs as if their being a douchebag somehow makes their company more successful, but it doesn’t. Those companies most often succeed *despite* their megalomaniacal CEO, not because of them.

My greatest example of this is Apple. Apple with Jobs pre-NEXT did… okay. Jobs was a douche, and the company did OK, but largely because of the tech and amazing engineering efforts, not because of Jobs being a douche. But you know when Apple did *exceptionally* well? When they acquired NEXT after Jobs had calmed down a bit; he was still aggressive and there were still plenty of late nights (I worked there in 2008), but him not being as much of an asshole made the company *stronger*, not weaker.

The number of companies that have douchebag CEOs and *don’t* succeed is much higher. It’s a balance. You don’t need to be an asshole to win; you just need to focus obsessively on the right things.

I’m not certain Lucid always focuses on the right things; they’re figuring that out. They’ve certainly focused on *some* of the right things. But I would not suddenly want Peter turning into a slavedriving douchebag because that would not help the company at all.

Peter was great at engineering this car. It is efficient in both space utilization and efficiency. It is also the most comfortable and luxurious car we have owned, beating our Lexus which I now rate second. However, I think he was too aggressive on the plant expansion an$ the Gravity timeline. Putting more realistic numbers on those would have preserved cash. Now they are between a rock and a hard place. They also have not done enough marketing to stimulate demand. Now that is the rate limiting step and not production. This is a wonderful car, yet not enough people realize that. I am hoping that will change.

Peter was great at engineering this car. It is efficient in both space utilization and efficiency. It is also the most comfortable and luxurious car we have owned, beating our Lexus which I now rate second. However, I think he was too aggressive on the plant expansion an$ the Gravity timeline. Putting more realistic numbers on those would have preserved cash. Now they are between a rock and a hard place. They also have not done enough marketing to stimulate demand. Now that is the rate limiting step and not production. This is a wonderful car, yet not enough people realize that. I am hoping that will change.
I don’t disagree. I’m not saying he has been a perfect CEO or anything.

I am saying that him being an asshole would not inherently make Lucid more successful. :)

Peter is down to earth, unlike Elon is very cut throat competitive. I don’t disagree Air is the best and most comfortable sports sedan I ever owned, but I think CEO also ought to be out there be very persuasive in selling products. Like Elon, he basically selling FSD, Robotaxi like snake oil. He fired Tesla Public Relation office and run a one-man marketing department on Twitter, he then went on to acquire Twitter and fired 80% of company staff claiming not making money. How much cost efficient can one get? I know he is a major douche, but his endless drive for cost cutting make him an effective COO rather than CEO. Some of his deeds such as sending undercovers to sabotage labor union I disapprove. I bet he wishes all Gigafactory workers can be replaced by Optimus-bots one day. Cut cost from made in China to made in Mexico to possible 100% by robots. Move HQ to save 100+ millions down the road. The guy is obsessed with corporate and manufacturing efficiency just as Peter is obsessed with drivetrain efficiency. I think there should be balance somewhere. To survive, one must be discipline and reduce cost to increase profit margin to stay competitive. Well 18% lay off is the start. It’s a sad outcome, but Lucid gotta do what it gotta do to stay afloat.

I’m sure no one is arguing that lucid is a great car. The problem is the vehicle priced point is out of reach for ~90% of most Americans
and even then, most people don’t buy a car every year.

This is exactly what happens when you start a price war. It is why I've personally felt Lucid shouldn't play ball with Tesla pricing games. It erodes your margins, hurts the brand, and also conditions your customers to wait for discounts. It is just bad all around. Premium brands don't do this. Look at Porsche, they are raising prices in 2023. Being a premium brand enables them to do this during uncertain economic times.

As TSLA drags LCID down, I am patiently waiting to buy back the shares I sold after the Q1 call.
Good point. I never sold, and almost doubled my position as it dropped below 10. Never selling, will keep adding every paycheck until my position doubles. Nearly there!

The refresh Model S is right there with the Touring. They both offer better positives/negatives. Tesla also has the benefit of their unsurpassed charging network, which means something if you travel a lot. Watching Dave’s Out of Spec recent charging experiences really makes me cringe on his terrible charging experiences.

Do you consider Mercedes and BMW luxury brands? Like I said in my above post, Mercedes is being super aggressive now on EQS leases and maybe purchasing too. So, some luxury brands do offer aggressive discounts. Our current BMW X5 was purchased at a large discount, as were my previous BMW 5 Series. Same with our Mercedes GLS’s. Even when we purchased a Porsche Macan it was purchased at an aggressive discount. So, it is not just Tesla right now.

Lucid will need to do something, as I am seeing very few deliveries on this forum recently and they are still the new, relatively “unknown kid on the block” in an extremely competitive marketplace in a down economy with high interest rates.
Disagree, Lucid should market itself above Mercedes, don't drop prices if Mercedes do. Mercedes makes an inferior EV and their tech is not up to scratch. Lucid should keep going, cutomers will come once economy improves. Not to mention the Gulf Arabs who will by these in thousands!! Nothing like a patriot with a lot of money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back