What's new

Lucid Air Configurator Does Not Reveal Packages And Extras Pricing

BlindPass

The Dream Edition and Grand Touring were designed to maximize performance, range, and efficiency.

The Lucid Design and Engineering teams are actively working on improving the rear legroom and/or foot room for these models. Nothing has been committed to
Not to make this a bigger deal than it is, but I do find this a contradiction.

The Dream, the top trim of a new manufacturer branding themselves as the EV S Class, was designed to maximize performance, range, and efficiency? That’s great, but it cannot be at the expense of basic luxury car staples if being sold at $170k.

Stepping back, I’m sure they have research that suggests it is range prohibiting EV (Model S) adoption by MB and BMW buyers more than it is luxury. As a 7 year EV user long removed from range anxiety, I tend to forget that

I’m guessing Lucid gets more test drives with 517 miles advertised, and once they’re in an EV, they’ll want it. I remember the blinding enlightenment of that first drive. It took me years before the haze from the instant torque honeymoon and tech in the S cleared and I found myself wanting more.

hmp10

Expert Member
Founding Member
This is what I mean when I tell people Tesla made me an EV addict. Their cars have their shortcomings, but there is nothing like the feeling of a powerful electric powertrain . . . and I came out of Audi R8 V-10 Spyder (my third R8) for the Tesla. The thing I most feared I would miss with the Audi was that glorious roar of the Lamborghini V-10 but, to my complete surprise, I found the low, silky whine of the electric motors just as exhilarating in their own very different way.

With the newest breeds of roomy E-SUV's now starting to break the 400-mile range barrier (Rivian, maybe Lucid with the Gravity), the day may be coming that I can finally get rid of my last ICE vehicle which I keep primarily for road trips with friends and family.

A few 30-minute charging layovers while on a road trip would be an easy trade for the dozens of trips to gas stations I would avoid while hanging closer to home, which is by far the majority of my driving.

Last edited: