Official Software 2.0 Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they really the most important features? More important than range prediction? Highway assist? Etc.

Just proves the ancient maxim: different strokes for different folks.
Yes, I want Android Auto. Makes listening to SiriusXM and using Google maps practical.

:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4278.jpg
    IMG_4278.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 260
Guessing it was a sneak peek for them and probably the reason why Kyle Conner didn't get it beforehand.
I think you’re right. In the video it shows the car updating to 2.0.7 which sounds like the original small group of beta testers. I believe the new “group of 100” is all (or mostly) on even numbered releases (2.0.2, .08, .12) or something like that.

I think you’re right. In the video it shows the car updating to 2.0.7 which sounds like the original small group of beta testers. I believe the new “group of 100” is all (or mostly) on even numbered releases (2.0.2, .08, .12) or something like that.
Controlled environment. Looks like he went to the Lucid offices and picked up a car they had already updated to 2.0. Which made it possible to be sure he wouldn't run into bugs on that car while previewing. Very different from sending 2.0 to "Peter's" car and have Kyle Connor be able to criticize the process if anything went wrong with the update.

Had a test drive scheduled for tomorrow in West Palm, FL. Called to check if test car has UX 2.0 installed and was told it didn't and would probably be updated by end of year.

Really surprised they wouldn't have updated test drive cars first, much less wait for months to do so. From comments here, UX 2.0 appears to turn the Lucid Air into a different experience.

Decided to postpone the test drive and wait for the update.

Had a test drive scheduled for tomorrow in West Palm, FL. Called to check if test car has UX 2.0 installed and was told it didn't and would probably be updated by end of year.

Really surprised they wouldn't have updated test drive cars first, much less wait for months to do so. From comments here, UX 2.0 appears to turn the Lucid Air into a different experience.

It does, but there are a litany of bugs in the 2.0 version which are being reported and worked on. That's why it just takes some time. The original group of alpha testers did not see some of these bugs that the beta group is now experiencing. The process is working, all that we need to have is patience.

Not surprised they don't have the test drive cars updated yet. They are still working out bugs. But end of year seems a bit far off. Probably just being conservative with that estimate.

Then again, many of the test drive cars are pre-production still. Who knows if they will even take the update smoothly?

Yes. The versions Lucid is rolling out are 2.0.2, 2.0.8 and 2.0.12.

It does, but there are a litany of bugs in the 2.0 version which are being reported and worked on. That's why it just takes some time. The original group of alpha testers did not see some of these bugs that the beta group is now experiencing. The process is working, all that we need to have is patience.
Quantify litany. 🤪 Just kidding!

This brings to bear the question of hardware in our cars.

Yeah yeah yeah... I'm a tech geek. I like knowing what gear I've got running what.

Anyone know what size HD, or processor speed, or processor type, or how much RAM?

It's common practice for successful tech companies to sell you a product by selling you on their internals. (eg. iPhone™ A16 Bionic® chip powers the incredible device featuring a Dynamic Island™, Ceramic Shield™, Super Retina XDR Display®, and 8GB of RAM).

I suspect this will become the automotive standard as well with time, given the fact that engine and transmission specs will not be as complex, and that the leader, Tesla, has begun sharing intimate computer part specs (Ryzen™)...

After I drove mine to storage in July and parked it, I asked Lucid for the computer hardware specs because I HOPED they were running on a VM or some other archaic, repairable architecture... but I wasn't 100% sure if it was a HW or SW bottleneck... Hence the question that needed answering (for my dumb a$$).

They never got back to me. That was July: 3 total inquiries, 1 by phone, 2 by email, 0 responses to my personal CPU about my car's gear...

The route of no response led me to believe they may've underspeced the car for a modern OS, and eroded my confidence severely... which is why I contemplated selling, but ultimately didn't when it came down to the wire and I found Borski and the bunnylebowski's SW2.0 miracle...

My theory is that due to the production woes and global parts shortages, Lucid was making HW ▲ on the fly, resulting in multiple perfectly viable configurations based on production date... which could lead them to NOT disclose HW... in case they gave the wrong specs...

Or they could just be aberrantly tight-lipped about some simple computer specs for no reason...

But man, I don't really care about my cockamamy theory... I just wanna know what gear my car is packing, just like I want to know what kind of chip is in my camera, my phone, my Tesla, my TV's, my computers, etc...

Anyone able to pull the code or do some reverse engineering to figure it out?

• Hmm
Reactions: NPN
This brings to bear the question of hardware in our cars.

Yeah yeah yeah... I'm a tech geek. I like knowing what gear I've got running what.

Anyone know what size HD, or processor speed, or processor type, or how much RAM?

It's common practice for successful tech companies to sell you a product by selling you on their internals. (eg. iPhone™ A16 Bionic® chip powers the incredible device featuring a Dynamic Island™, Ceramic Shield™, Super Retina XDR Display®, and 8GB of RAM).

I suspect this will become the automotive standard as well with time, given the fact that engine and transmission specs will not be as complex, and that the leader, Tesla, has begun sharing intimate computer part specs (Ryzen™)...

After I drove mine to storage in July and parked it, I asked Lucid for the computer hardware specs because I HOPED they were running on a VM or some other archaic, repairable architecture... but I wasn't 100% sure if it was a HW or SW bottleneck... Hence the question that needed answering (for my dumb a$$).

They never got back to me. That was July: 3 total inquiries, 1 by phone, 2 by email, 0 responses to my personal CPU about my car's gear...

The route of no response led me to believe they may've underspeced the car for a modern OS, and eroded my confidence severely... which is why I contemplated selling, but ultimately didn't when it came down to the wire and I found Borski and the bunnylebowski's SW2.0 miracle...

My theory is that due to the production woes and global parts shortages, Lucid was making HW ▲ on the fly, resulting in multiple perfectly viable configurations based on production date... which could lead them to NOT disclose HW... in case they gave the wrong specs...

Or they could just be aberrantly tight-lipped about some simple computer specs for no reason...

But man, I don't really care about my cockamamy theory... I just wanna know what gear my car is packing, just like I want to know what kind of chip is in my camera, my phone, my Tesla, my TV's, my computers, etc...

Anyone able to pull the code or do some reverse engineering to figure it out?
Your theory is correct, though the general components are all going to be the same (CPU, Ethernet chipsets, etc) there are various components sourced from various manufacturers for the less important parts due to supply chain issues.

They definitely didn’t underspec the car, and the initial issues were a software architecture issue, not a hardware issue.

But it *does* mean that now they’re stuck supporting multiple various components and their respective firmwares, etc.

Your theory is correct, though the general components are all going to be the same (CPU, Ethernet chipsets, etc) there are various components sourced from various manufacturers for the less important parts due to supply chain issues.

They definitely didn’t underspec the car, and the initial issues were a software architecture issue, not a hardware issue.

But it *does* mean that now they’re stuck supporting multiple various components and their respective firmwares, etc.
So, since CPU, HD, chipsets, RAM, etc. are same why "hide" it... This is an honest question I have, so please don't take this as disrespectful. I'm not trying to be difficult or a jerk.
I just honestly don't understand when simple hardware questions are not transparent.

And since I am not the only member of a little place called Planet Earth, I can only guess but to think I wasn't the only person wondering WTH was going on with their brand new car that looked the part but had some glaring issues.

Anyways, I am SUPER glad SW2.0 is coming out soon, and thank you for saving me from selling.

I still want to know what gear my car has packing.

So, since CPU, HD, chipsets, RAM, etc. are same why "hide" it... This is an honest question I have, so please don't take this as disrespectful. I'm not trying to be difficult or a jerk.
I just honestly don't understand when simple hardware questions are not transparent.

And since I am not the only member of a little place called Planet Earth, I can only guess but to think I wasn't the only person wondering WTH was going on with their brand new car that looked the part but had some glaring issues.

Anyways, I am SUPER glad SW2.0 is coming out soon, and thank you for saving me from selling.

Don't take this the wrong way, but do you do that with all your electronics? Ask for the specific chipsets, ram. Gpu, cpu, etc for your phones, computers, tvs, other cars?

LUCID has been very tight lipped from the beginning. They won’t allow Bear to overtly, videos from inside their factories, release of information about specific number of reservations for each vehicle line, etc, etc, etc. As someone who is excited about their products, I would love to get all this kind of info but you have to see it from their perspective. It isn’t in their best interest to be totally transparent and, theoretically, any information they release could hurt them with customers, competitors, hackers, etc. Frankly, in the world we live in now a days, I don’t blame them for being cautious and relatively non-transparent. Where I think they are falling down in ways that does cause harm to their customers is their poor communications about deliveries, timelines, current status of orders, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back