Official Software 2.0 Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, No and...uh..No.

Really surprised that a manufacturer of a high-end luxury car would use a mechanical hard disk instead of a solid state memory drive in the harsh environment of a car. All tablets and even most laptops use SSD drives today. They're much faster and more reliable than hard disk drives.

Also, surprising that the audio system won't support music files on USB stick or SD card. Virtually every car I've seen in the last 5 years has a USB port.
If you read your original post, after the "In this regard", you ask 3 questions. He's responding to those 3, not referring to HD vs SSD (which wasn't posed as a question).

What makes you think it has a HDD instead of an SSD?
My comments were with respect to the questions in the second paragraph. I have no date with respect to the comment in the first line.

I have 300+ albums of music at mp3 files on my phone... and a good music player (for Android: Musicolet)... I listen to lots of music over BT earbuds when I am walking about town... and it is a great music source in any vehicle that can play music over the phone BT connection (as the Lucid can). I personally am not interested in loading all that music (only about 66GB, used to work with a fellow with about 10TB of music) up "to the car".

I’m still waiting to see the update
It is still in Beta with one more update coming to the 100 Beta users before it is released to everyone so it will, unfortunately, still be a couple weeks at least

And you know this how?
It's been well discussed on the boards here, I'm one of the 100, Len, a Lucid employee has posted on Twitter that the general release will be in a few weeks.

There was a very small group that Lucid recruited to do an Alpha/Beta phase. Then Lucid posted on these forums for volunteers for the next Beta phase but has to cap that at the first 100 requests.

All the information you've been seeing is from the Beta phase. It's amazing in general but there's some issues they'll need to fix before the final full distribution.

It is still in Beta with one more update coming to the 100 Beta users before it is released to everyone so it will, unfortunately, still be a couple weeks at least
The wait painful but at least more kinks will be worked out of the system (hopefully).

Check the Members Only Lounge Software thread for much info on this topic.
Check the Members Only Lounge Software thread for much info on this topic.
I have read all of the speculation on the "Members Only" forum about this. The only people who are not talking there are Lucid employees. I have not seen a single post from "Len," or anyone else employed by Lucid saying that a general release will be in two weeks. Or tomorrow. Or any specific date. I have not seen any official announcement saying that there will be "one more update" before a general release. And I have not seen anyone from Lucid say that the next release will be to Dream Edition owners first. The only people saying these things are the shills and fluffers. Anything an influencer has to say here is worth exactly diddley-squat. Information is only as good as its source. I know that God spoke through his disciples, but I don't think that Borski speaks for Lucid.

A little actual "information" from an actual Lucid spokesperson would be appreciated. This is the same Lucid, by the way, that currently says in its website that these cars currently run Android Auto and Apple Car Play. So we should still be a bit skeptical.

The wait painful but at least more kinks will be worked out of the system (hopefully).
Indeed. Woke up this morning to an “update successful” message, only to be disappointed that it was an untimely bug confirming the 1.2.21 status 😂

I have read all of the speculation on the "Members Only" forum about this. The only people who are not talking there are Lucid employees. I have not seen a single post from "Len," or anyone else employed by Lucid saying that a general release will be in two weeks. Or tomorrow. Or any specific date. I have not seen any official announcement saying that there will be "one more update" before a general release. And I have not seen anyone from Lucid say that the next release will be to Dream Edition owners first. The only people saying these things are the shills and fluffers. Anything an influencer has to say here is worth exactly diddley-squat. Information is only as good as its source. I know that God spoke through his disciples, but I don't think that Borski speaks for Lucid.

A little actual "information" from an actual Lucid spokesperson would be appreciated. This is the same Lucid, by the way, that currently says in its website that these cars currently run Android Auto and Apple Car Play. So we should still be a bit skeptical.

There are plenty of comments there from Len, aka @Firstto520.

You’re right, I don’t speak for Lucid. You don’t have to listen to a word I say, and are welcome to wait patiently instead.

Have a nice day.

Just watched the UX 2.0 video -

Lucid UX 2.0 first look: Big changes to the luxury EV's in-car experience​

Len has many posts on the Members Only Forum and he posted on Twitter a few days ago that it will be rolling out in the next couple of weeks:

It's frustrating seeing so much talk about what is so close to being released relating to a big step forward function wise but the information from Lucid employees is there.

The Carplay/Android Auto argument regarding whether their website saying it is "Compatible" and whether that is misleading people into thinking it's already released versus coming in the future has been debated often on here too.

If be nervous about saying what is coming too because there's always people that read that as an ironclad guarantee without allowance for hiccups causing further delays.

Many people here are patiently and impatiently waiting on these highly anticipated updates. I get the frustration of not knowing, but it seems a bit much to specifically call someone out here who often provides helpful information.

Of course no one really knows the timeline of these things except for Lucid themselves, and even their own deadlines are not always the final word, due to unforeseen delays. I think most people take these suggestions/speculations from forum members with a big grain of salt and understand they don’t mean any harm. They are simply trying to share information they heard from so-and-so and possibly a Lucid employee or executive. I’ve been given dates by Lucid employees that turned out not to be true. I don’t believe they were purposely feeding me false information, but with everything so new, they’re working with moving targets.

Dude calm down.

Aren’t you the guy who was mad because Peter Rawlinson didn’t want to talk to you, even though you were one of the 520 elite Dream edition owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back