Official Software 2.0 Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update Highlights:

Glass Cockpit and Pilot Panel Displays

• “Instant-on” displays, so the car is ready to drive as soon as the driver sits down and buckles up.
  • New on-screen layout for the Glass Cockpit display, moving the controls for the most-used apps like Home, Navigation, Media, and Phone to make Lucid UX more ergonomically friendly than ever.
  • Updated Navigation and maps, with turn-by-turn directions now appearing on the center display directly ahead of the driver.
  • More-intelligent prediction of remaining range, so drivers know even better what they can expect on the road.
  • Do more with Alexa Built-In voice control, such as change the climate control settings for the rear seat.
  • A more user-friendly browsing experience for third-party media apps, making it easier to see options, select favorite tunes, and start listening more quickly.
DreamDrive and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems

• Highway Assist with active lane centering and adaptive cruise control, allowing for even greater driving comfort on long journeys.
  • Rear Pedestrian Collision Protection is now also enabled when the vehicle is in Drive and rolling backwards.
  • Improvements to visual cues for Park Distance Warning feature.
Intelligent Micro Lens Array Headlights

• High Beam Assist that detects not only other vehicles, but other sources of nearby light, and automatically switches to low beams when most appropriate.
  • Automatic headlight leveling with sensor-based adjustments for height and vehicle angle in relation to the ground.
Vehicle Entry and Exit

• New De-Ice Mode combines defrost, automatic wiper blade movement, and wiper fluid to clear ice that may be obstructing the view through the windshield.
  • A number of measures to make automatic locking and unlocking simpler, more intuitive, and more responsive with both the key fob and Mobile Key, as well as additional user-customizable settings.

The general understanding is Apple CarPlay is complete and simply awaiting Apple approval. I don't know the status of Android Auto and haven't heard/seen/read any speculation, but I can't imagine it's far behind.

It was mentioned in another thread I believe that both CarPlay and Android Auto will be released at the same time and are actually on the car already awaiting final approval from Apple. Last date mentioned was November. They didn't want to add one without the other to avoid customer blowback I guess.

It was mentioned in another thread I believe that both CarPlay and Android Auto will be released at the same time and are actually on the car already awaiting final approval from Apple. Last date mentioned was November. They didn't want to add one without the other to avoid customer blowback I guess.
That’s great to hear! I must have missed that thread. I’ll take the devotion to the re-write of the software to speed it up and make it more stable over CarPlay right now though for me personally.

One thing I want to add that I add here because I don't think Lucid is giving themselves enough credit for; the performance of everything. Everything is damn near instant. Touch latency is really low, any animation that tracks your finger (A/C sliders, surround camera, pulling down the bar on the pilot screen, etc) is super smooth, UI framerate has taken a huge turn for the better.

I'm excited for you guys to get it :)

One thing I want to add that I add here because I don't think Lucid is giving themselves enough credit for; the performance of everything. Everything is damn near instant. Touch latency is really low, any animation that tracks your finger (A/C sliders, surround camera, pulling down the bar on the pilot screen, etc) is super smooth, UI framerate has taken a huge turn for the better.

I'm excited for you guys to get it :)
Reading this makes me so excited for tomorrow!!!

I am so excited about the new update! 💖

I'm so glad I stored the car and didn't sell it after the drive(s) where nothing worked. 👌

I must've watched the youtube video like 40 times (not kidding). :p

I found the post with the twitter videos too... quite convincing. Thank you for sharing them! :cool:

All the things that Borski says are fixed.
Slow boot up time, phone key not working, seat settings not correctly working, bluetooth connectivity issues, etc...
Can't WAIT to get mine back. It's like I get to have 2 deliveries now... 😆

I just watched the video again... I'm even more stoked. Is Mr. Mike Bell the high-level software head Lucid got from  ?

Slow boot up time, phone key not working, seat settings not correctly working, bluetooth connectivity issues, etc...
Ah. Yes. I'm on the same early access track as borski. Every single one of those issues is gone on the 2.0.4+ series. I have been brave enough to leave the fob at home as of late (something I never thought I'd do) and the car is very consistently unlocking on approach and locking when you walk away. I actually can't think of a single time that my mobile key hasn't worked.

You're going to be very happy :)

Just curious, how many days are the three 2.0 updates spread over? Three days? Ever other day? Two weeks?

Reactions: Leo

I just watched the video again... I'm even more stoked. Is Mr. Mike Bell the high-level software head Lucid got from  ?
Derrick Carty is the one they just hired as VP of Software Platform Engineering (from Apple), and he works for Mike Bell. Haven't interacted with Derrick (or much with Mike, tbh), but every single interaction I've had with the software teams has been spectacular thus far, just like with their service teams.

Just curious, how many days are the three 2.0 updates spread over? Three days? Ever other day? Two weeks?
Nobody really knows at the moment; it all depends on how they get rolled out.

I think it’s 4 updates, different than what the first group got which was 3 updates. The group I’m in may get the second of the 4 updates today, to be determined.

I think it’s 4 updates, different than what the first group got which was 3 updates. The group I’m in may get the second of the 4 updates today, to be determined.
Yes, and we are checking the forum and app every 10 seconds in anticipation!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back