Lucid produced 1,728 vehicles and delivered 1,967 vehicles during this period

Do we know if this includes CKD kits sent to Saudi Arabia?

If the trend in these figures is to be believed: https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/mercedes-benz-eqs-sedan-sales-figures/ - Lucid has done pretty well relative to a far more established brand in the same segment...although EQS appears to have been a disaster for MB.
Probably won't know until the CC. If it is even brought up.

I'm seeing more n more Airs daily. So much so that I don't feel the urge to grab my phone and take a photo anymore. The new pricing and lease terms really have attracted a new group of buyers. Let's hope that they interests continues.

I think with the reduced pricing on the Pure trim, Lucid has begun to find something of a market equilibrium in this small segment.

I'm relieved to see sales finally exceed production, but am concerned about the sheer magnitude of the deals being given. I have a hard enough time rationalizing it when I think about flushing through the 'aged' inventory, but it sounds like the deals are even being made on 2024 models... and more disturbingly on a high percentage of short-term leases rather than outright purchases. How do we ever get customers off the juice, and what happens around a year and a half from now, when all of these short-term lease come to roost?

I'm relieved to see sales finally exceed production, but am concerned about the sheer magnitude of the deals being given. I have a hard enough time rationalizing it when I think about flushing through the 'aged' inventory, but it sounds like the deals are even being made on 2024 models... and more disturbingly on a high percentage of short-term leases rather than outright purchases. How do we ever get customers off the juice, and what happens around a year and a half from now, when all of these short-term lease come to roost?

As an 18-month leasee, I get the logic of the sales strategy. Obviously they want to move inventory and that seems to be working. But the other aspect of the sales strategy is that they believe that once people live with the car, they will want to keep it. Or buy another. The Lucid team is supremely confident in the quality of the driving experience. And it’s working on me at least. I will def want to keep my Air Pure. Or purchase new. Or upgrade. I guess a problem arises if all short term leases attempt to buy new or upgrade: what to do with all of the previously leased inventory. But not a bad problem to have if everyone is buying post-lease.

As an 18-month leasee, I get the logic of the sales strategy. Obviously they want to move inventory and that seems to be working. But the other aspect of the sales strategy is that they believe that once people live with the car, they will want to keep it. Or buy another. The Lucid team is supremely confident in the quality of the driving experience. And it’s working on me at least. I will def want to keep my Air Pure. Or purchase new. Or upgrade. I guess a problem arises if all short term leases attempt to buy new or upgrade: what to do with all of the previously leased inventory. But not a bad problem to have if everyone is buying post-lease.
In 18 months, they will also have Gravity as an option. I agree. Get them into the brand today, keep them for their next five cars.

As opposed to letting them buy a Mercedes, BMW, or Tesla today because you don’t have any SUV to sell at the moment.

...but to me it's a question of degree. Again, I somewhat get the need to flush the old inventory, but why do it so aggressively on the new? I think about the true cost of an Air. Not the crazy all inclusive $500k figures that have been bandied about, but the parts, labor and OH cost of building one vehicle. Then, take that down on the assumption that you are building at scale, which of course we are not. Even then, I don't think you can produce the Air's feature set for these recent sale/lease prices.

...but to me it's a question of degree. Again, I somewhat get the need to flush the old inventory, but why do it so aggressively on the new? I think about the true cost of an Air. Not the crazy all inclusive $500k figures that have been bandied about, but the parts, labor and OH cost of building one vehicle. Then, take that down on the assumption that you are building at scale, which of course we are not. Even then, I don't think you can produce the Air's feature set for these recent sale/lease prices.
You need cars on the road to increase sales, hence the incentives, this will bring more confidence company will not go bankrupt, once that is public knowledge, sales will increase exponentially

As others have said, a unit moved, even if only an 18 month lease, is better than not. It will get them started on a CPO program (where selling prices will be higher than private party) and move people into Gravity. I’ve never run a car company before but I also think this is a good idea.

Many people like the car but are concerned about being stuck like recent Fisker purchasers.
If all goes well, many leases will be converted. Only time will tell.

As others have said, a unit moved, even if only an 18 month lease, is better than not. It will get them started on a CPO program (where selling prices will be higher than private party) and move people into Gravity. I’ve never run a car company before but I also think this is a good idea.
There will also be 3rd party warranties that are avail like Tesla had that can be purchased and transferred to new owners once factory is up. Expect these to be avail soon.

Sorry. I love the car, and am a shareholder in the company, but it's hard for an old finance guy to ignore the gorilla(s) in the room. I'll shut up now, but leave you with one question. What was Tesla's Model S production and pricing strategy when they were struggling, and that was without the air cover that Lucid enjoys?

Sorry. I love the car, and am a shareholder in the company, but it's hard for an old finance guy to ignore the gorilla(s) in the room. I'll shut up now, but leave you with one question. What was Tesla's Model S production and pricing strategy when they were struggling, and that was without the air cover that Lucid enjoys?
No need to be sorry, and no need to shut up. You raise valid questions; I personally think the 18-month leases are actually a pretty brilliant way to convert customers. Every single person I talk to says their favorite thing about the Lucid Air is... driving it. The problem is, most people have never driven one. By offering 18-month leases at relatively low rates, people are more willing to take on the risk of a new company (what with Fisker dying... twice) and Lucid is making the bet that they're right about the driving experience, as that is what sells the car.

Well, if I don't gotta shut up... :) You are spot on about the car selling itself, but what you call 'relatively low rates', I call 'crazy ass rates'. Rates that I can barely live with when flushing out the old stuff, given the production sins of the past, but the new stuff too??? As a former pilot, it's called being on the back side of the power curve, and it seldom ends well. Somebody mentioned Q1 units being up 40% YOY, but what will people think when they see Q1 (and Q2) revenue YOY? OK. Now I really will shut up, because I dearly hope that I'm dead wrong.

Just poor marketing from the jump. They are learning and getting better.

Back