Q3 results

I wonder when they will stop reporting in terms of production. Shift over to deliveries instead?

I wonder when they will stop reporting in terms of production. Shift over to deliveries instead?
That's the stat that really matters to me. As far as I understand things production isn't the bottleneck so I'd like to know the deliveries to get an idea whats up.

Reactions: DBV
presentation here: https://ir.lucidmotors.com/static-files/3822cb2f-cf28-4a85-aeea-da398eb1929c

personal main takeaways:

1) they mention "NACS charging: Signed agreement to provide Lucid vehicles access to TeslaSupercharger networks in North America and integrate ports in future vehicles." wonder if that means the charge ports will be re-designed for later year models, or if an adapter will be provided.

2) enough liquidity to last at least into 2025, but doesnt specify how far

I'm tuned into the call and still hearing hold music. Has it started?

Interested to hear more about the vehicle to vehicle charging. Has anyone received this update yet?

Bummer… looks like stock heading back under $4. WS always overreacts to perceived negative info.

Bummer… looks like stock heading back under $4. WS always overreacts to perceived negative info.
Yeah, that won't last. Always happens after every call. Gravity announcement should pick things back up.

Sure hope they can start selling more cars and that their aggressive price cuts and leases can get these going more.

Rivian sure had a good quarter and raised guidance. That is good to see. Gives you hope Lucid can somehow do that too.

Rivian targeted its initial products to the two hottest segments in the US car market, SUVs and pickup trucks. Lucid made a strategic mistake launching the Air and not their SUV. The market for large, expensive sedans in the US has been falling and is small. Hopefully they can last long enough to launch the SUV and then a less expensive car to get their factory up to a production level that can be profitable.

Did you look at their balance sheet? $800M in inventory. That's a lot of unsold and undelivered cars. I agree, production numbers matter when you're actively selling cars to meet demand. Delivery and sales numbers matter more if you're sitting on huge inventory.

Rivian targeted its initial products to the two hottest segments in the US car market, SUVs and pickup trucks. Lucid made a strategic mistake launching the Air and not their SUV. The market for large, expensive sedans in the US has been falling and is small. Hopefully they can last long enough to launch the SUV and then a less expensive car to get their factory up to a production level that can be profitable.
Lucid's proving they are a tech forward company and that's what they've always said. Rivian is just a car company, who used off the shelf parts to make an appealing package. Two different companies going after different things.

Did you look at their balance sheet? $800M in inventory. That's a lot of unsold and undelivered cars. I agree, production numbers matter when you're actively selling cars to meet demand. Delivery and sales numbers matter more if you're sitting on huge inventory.
I am curious how many undelivered cars they have then? That seems like a lot, which means they might even get more aggressive on incentives or leases.

Just curious as to why is Lucid sometimes quoted as a tech forward company? Is it just their battery technology? It can’t be their software yet, as that is behind other manufactures in my opinion.

I am curious how many undelivered cars they have then? That seems like a lot, which means they might even get more aggressive on incentives or leases.

Just curious as to why is Lucid sometimes quoted as a tech forward company? Is it just their battery technology? It can’t be their software yet, as that is behind other manufactures in my opinion.
My guess would be 5600 or more cars. I'm just taking 30% of the inventory might be parts and supplies, but this purely a guess. Decreasing production makes sense if they aren't moving inventory of finished cars hence all the price discounts, deals, and lease offers on current inventory of cars the past two months.

Lucid's proving they are a tech forward company and that's what they've always said. Rivian is just a car company, who used off the shelf parts to make an appealing package. Two different companies going after different things.
I really like Lucid however, I have never heard of anyone referring to them as a tech company.
Rivian makes some nice choices within the market and they are just a car company as well I agree. The good news for people shopping the AIR with the abundance of inventory…… The deals may get even sweeter.

I really like Lucid however, I have never heard of anyone referring to them as a tech company.
Rivian makes some nice choices within the market and they are just a car company as well I agree. The good news for people shopping the AIR with the abundance of inventory…… The deals may get even sweeter.
Lucid Group vs Rivian Automotive. Lucid has always had in their plans, cars, licensing, and battery storage systems. That's a tech company not a car company

I believe that a portion of that is the cars that were shipped to Saudi Arabia for completion and sale in that country.

Back