Missed Q2 2023 Production and Delivery Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a straw man argument. Is anyone saying Gravity will be a mass produced vehicle?

Lucid doesn't have the scale to mass produce right now.

Model X probably sells over 2X what the Model S does. Tesla refuses to tell us the sales mix.

Gravity should follow suit and sell over twice as many than Air. And bring Lucid Group close to break even.

I just hope Peter builds what the market wants instead of what he wants and brings a compact CUV to market before Lucid brings a compact sedan to market.

Tesla wasn't profitable until Model 3 ramped. And at the time there was no compelling compact electric CUV for sale. Sales show Bolt and LEAF were not compelling. Rivian won't be profitable until R2 ramps.
Not making a straw man argument. Just stating a fact that you and I seem to agree with. Gravity is not going to be a massed produced vehicle, at least to a scale that will make Lucid wildly profitable. Thus the logic follows that the profitability will come when they release whatever comes after Gravity. A model similar to the Model 3 or Model Y. We will have to wait a few more years.

What we can hope comes out of Gravity, is that it is as well reviewed as the Air was upon release and wins a bunch of awards. Then it has to get a number of solid pre-orders that beats expectations. Then Lucid needs to ramp up production and deliver them better than they did with the Air. Then the Gravity will need to be so good that the competition, won't have anyting nearly as good. A truly stand-out vehicle. Doing all that might be enough to keep investors interested and the cash flowing long enough to get them to their version of the Model 3 or Y.
It is a lot of "ifs." but it could happen. I would like to get my stock investment back.

• In 2022, Tesla sold 176,372 Model S vehicles, a 1426.37% increase from 2021
  • In 2022, Tesla sold 31,371 Model X vehicles, a 329.39% increase from 2021
Where did you pull those numbers from? Bunch of false advertising, so you're not helping your argument. Maybe do some real research before spouting figures?

The real numbers:
SmartSelect_20230712_194511_Chrome.jpg

Source: https://ir.tesla.com/press-release/...date-financial-results-webcast-fourth-quarter

How did Rivian ramp up faster and better than Lucid?
By going after a hotter and broader market share, pickups and SUVs, and therefore not competing head-to-head with Telsa. Lucid chose high-end luxury cars which is a much smaller market.

Where did you pull those numbers from? Bunch of false advertising, so you're not helping your argument. Maybe do some real research before spouting figures?

The real numbers:
View attachment 13523
Source: https://ir.tesla.com/press-release/...date-financial-results-webcast-fourth-quarter

Tesla Model S US Year Sales​

Year
Sales
Total329,022

Tesla Model X US Year Sales

YearSales
Total142,699

This is just a laughable statistic in eery way. Anyone with any critical thinking can see in a millisecond it makes no sense. Why would sales of a car that has been on the market for a decade increase by 1000% in the last year, and the absolute numbers are equally as ridiculous.
I read on the internet that over 80% of what is on the internet is not true....

Tesla Model X US Year Sales

YearSales
Total142,699
Yea...I mean, even if you quote your source, the figure should stand out as being incorrect. No car company has a 1400% increase in sales YOY.

I have a feeling it's going to be the sedan. He's said as much. However if you think about it you go from lower demand ( Air) to higher demand (Gravity) and then repeat the process on the smaller platform. Probably not a bad idea.
Totally agree. People are not listening to the clear indicators.

It might sound stupid to us, but there’s obviously some advantage to building a sedan first on any new platform, then adapting it to Crossover/SUV. It’s such common practice there has to be some wisdom in it.

I’d be surprised at this point if Lucid deviates from this pattern.

This is just a laughable statistic in eery way. Anyone with any critical thinking can see in a millisecond it makes no sense. Why would sales of a car that has been on the market for a decade increase by 1000% in the last year, and the absolute numbers are equally as ridiculous.
I read on the internet that over 80% of what is on the internet is not true....
Totally agree. People are not listening to the clear indicators.

It might sound stupid to us, but there’s obviously some advantage to building a sedan first on any new platform, then adapting it to Crossover/SUV. It’s such common practice there has to be some wisdom in it.

I’d be surprised at this point if Lucid deviates from this pattern.

Carfigures.com indicates that Tesla SUV Model X is not as popular as the Tesla sedan Model S.

Is there an assumption in this thread that since carfigures is wrong, then luxury SUVs like Gravity would be more popular than luxury Sedan Air?

Carfigures.com indicates that Tesla SUV Model X is not as popular as the Tesla sedan Model S.

Is there an assumption in this thread that since carfigures is wrong, then luxury SUVs like Gravity would be more popular than luxury Sedan Air?
Why are you trusting carfigures over Teslas own press release?

EV price war is heating up, so those who can sell cheaper EVs might have a better chance in the market.

It looks like Lucid is willing to sell technology to others building cheaper cars that are less than $50,000.

"Lucid will eventually bring a smaller platform to market to offer EVs starting at $50,000. Since it's a luxury automaker, the goal isn't for Lucid to make cars that are cheaper than $50,000. However, Rawlinson says it can license its tech to other companies that are hoping to produce cheaper EVs. The CEO said that some automakers have already asked about potential licensing."

Lucid just got addition cash:

So blaming short of cash for layoffs and slow production is not a good explanation.
Huh? Rivian has thousands of more employees and billions of dollars of more cash in hand. Lucid just got that $3B in the past couple of months and that's to help sustain their development through 2024. Again, fact check before posting...

@Tâm why are you so negative on Lucid so much?
When comparing with Rivian, the negative thing about Lucid is sales.

Rivian already has a safety fall back order from Amazon.

It has more sales.

More sales means more cash.

More cash from sales mean more production to meet demand.

Lucid just got cash infusion but that cash is not from car sales, not from the demand.

Rivian cash from sales is different from Lucid cash from rescuers.

My thought is that it's about platform development. Start with lower demand and work out the kinks and production issues of the platform then move to higher demand. The probably gain production efficiencies and are able to scale up to volume more rapidly on the second vehicle on the platform. I'm guessing that the smaller vehicle will have a modified platform compared to the Air so you would repeat the process of lower demand sedan followed by higher demand SUV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back