Q1 Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand trim even lower than Pure? It wouldn’t even be luxury anymore…
Neither do I! I'm so against the idea that offering an even lower trim of the air!
Lucid can make a $50k EV by all means, but make it a different line of product, which means different design, different name, different target audiences.
I'm all for lucid bringing a more affordable EV to the market. Just DON'T call it Lucid Air.

“Peter, you often talk about under promising and over delivering, but you have only done the opposite. When will you start doing what you say?”

Peter’s answer “Supply chain…efficiency…technology….macro-economic”. 😂
“I’ll hand the microphone to Sherry to answer rest of questions.” 😂

I'm not sure if discounting is the answer here. Then it becomes a race to the bottom. Just look at what discounting has done to the brand for Tesla. Now that customers know the automaker is discounting, they won't buy because they think another discount is just around the corner. Lucid is a Luxury brand. Discounting will be a slippery slope and it only provides instant albeit short term gratification. Lucid should keep the Air Pure at the current price. Then launch a new Air model that's more affordable.
Wouldn't be a permament discount, just for the year. They should forget about GT and Touring, push the PURES! And when someone opens the webste to order, they should see the PURE starting at 87k first with a 7.5k offer. Not the Grand Touring. And this is coming from somone with o marketing experience.

Wall Street presently thinks no demand, then create demand!! A Dream tour wont add much to sales, they need to cut the price a little. Add taxes, registration and delivery fee- comes to almost 100k for a base Pure. Of course people are cancelling reservations.

Come on Lucid management, BE MORE AGRESSIVE!

Neither do I! I'm so against the idea that offering an even lower trim of the air!
Lucid can make a $50k EV by all means, but make it a different line of product, which means different design, different name, different target audiences.
I'm all for lucid bringing a more affordable EV to the market. Just DON'T call it Lucid Air.
So the smaller version of air(kinda like rivian r2)

Wouldn't be a permament discount, just for the year. They should forget about GT and Touring, push the PURES! And when someone opens the webste to order, they should see the PURE starting at 87k first with a 7.5k offer. Not the Grand Touring. And this is coming from somone with o marketing experience.

Wall Street presently thinks no demand, then create demand!! A Dream tour wont add much to sales, they need to cut the price a little. Add taxes, registration and delivery fee- comes to almost 100k for a base Pure. Of course people are cancelling reservations.

Come on Lucid management, BE MORE AGRESSIVE!
And also, I dont see many people on here talking about the impact of outreach. A couple of studios/serv centers go a long way, especially in wealthy neighborhoods where impressions are key.

In reference to the rumors of Aston potentially licensing Lucid tech.

"Aston Martin also remains on track for launching its first electric car in 2025 and Stroll said more details would be given at its capital markets day on 27 June. “The software components have been decided, [and it will be done] mostly in house. We’ve hired several hundred people and brought lots of competency in house. It still has to be an Aston Martin experience with EV.”"

The issue is a whole new design requires massive amounts of capital investment, which I believe might be difficult for them to obtain. The easiest and path of least resistance is to repackage the Air and sell at a lower price point. Lucid needs to get more mileage out of the current Air design. It's similar to what Tesla did with the Model 3 and then the Model Y.
In reference to the rumors of Aston potentially licensing Lucid tech.

"Aston Martin also remains on track for launching its first electric car in 2025 and Stroll said more details would be given at its capital markets day on 27 June. “The software components have been decided, [and it will be done] mostly in house. We’ve hired several hundred people and brought lots of competency in house. It still has to be an Aston Martin experience with EV.”"
and Rivian is up 13% today. Lucid has the right Tech but wrong car. Sedans just aren’t as popular anymore. Well at least not popular enough to make a carmaker profitable.

For those that say ramping up Pure is the answer...aren't they losing money on each car they sell? Have they clearly answered how much material costs are per car? Not adding operational costs but on a pure COGS basis or MC per vehicle.

I think the answer is that they were losing money on a MC basis per vehicle selling at $130k+. The Pure cost is not that much less than a GT, so they must be losing a lot more money on a MC basis per vehicle on a Pure.

LUCID has a demand problem. Supply and Demand factors in price, meaning they have a demand problem based on the pricing of their cars. Even the Pure, is too expensive now relative to Teslas recent price drops. I have 3 friends that killed their Pure orders and got Teslas. It just isn't worth paying double for a Lucid with an unknown future.

We locked this thread because it got off topic again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back