Q3 - 2282 vehicles, Conference call - Tuesday, November 8, 2022, at 2:30 pm PT

I don’t think the issue they are facing is building, but where to park those extra cars in each delivery center.
I would imagine renting a space in the suburbs at low cost to park the extra cars and deliver direct to homes would be an easier solution. For example Burlingame, CA has very little space to park cars but Tracy and Gilroy must have low cost space right along the highway.

I would imagine renting a space in the suburbs at low cost to park the extra cars and deliver direct to homes would be an easier solution. For example Burlingame, CA has very little space to park cars but Tracy and Gilroy must have low cost space right along the highway.
They can park them at Sears in Tanforan. That building has been vacant for quite a while. Plenty of JCPenny and Sears buildings around the country to fill up 😂

They can park them at Sears in Tanforan. That building has been vacant for quite a while. Plenty of JCPenny and Sears buildings around the country to fill up 😂
Needs a lot of security and rental contract. These cars are too attractive and expensive for vandalism.

Needs a lot of security and rental contract. These cars are too attractive and expensive for vandalism.
In the cheaper places I mentioned I am pretty sure that even security is not that expensive to hire and security cameras and devices have easy access to internet compared to the cost of more space in the expensive location like Burlingame, CA

I haven't monitored this sort of thing long enough to form any real opinion about the meaning behind this, but Lucid's Q3 ratio of delivered/produced (61%) is way lower than Rivian (or Tesla).

Looking back, RIVN was at 48% in Q1'22, 101% in Q2'22 and 89% in Q3'22, so perhaps this is just how managing the ramp up of production then logistics/deliveries happens.

The LCID Q3'22 number of deliveries is most similar to RIVN Q1'22.

Either way I benefitted from the push to deliver before the end of Q3 so I'm a happy customer 😀

I haven't monitored this sort of thing long enough to form any real opinion about the meaning behind this, but Lucid's Q3 ratio of delivered/produced (61%) is way lower than Rivian (or Tesla).

Looking back, RIVN was at 48% in Q1'22, 101% in Q2'22 and 89% in Q3'22, so perhaps this is just how managing the ramp up of production then logistics/deliveries happens.

The LCID Q3'22 number of deliveries is most similar to RIVN Q1'22.

Either way I benefitted from the push to deliver before the end of Q3 so I'm a happy customer 😀
Let us assume that Lucid wanted to be more conservative. Remember that Rivian had a steering problem which can be a catastrophic failure and they recalled all the vehicles. Tesla had its share of recalls in year 1. https://www.kbb.com/tesla/model-s/2013/recall/

Yeah that could definitely be the case. Possibly the LCID PDI process/rigor overall as well. Time will tell, though. In general I'm optimistic that LCID is learning and determining how to avoid others' pitfalls.

As an investor in Lucid, I would like to see a positive PE ratio and much better guidance for Q4 and 2023 and start publishing monthly data like others. Since I am waiting for Pure fully loaded without the glass roof, I will be happy if they can build more of them sooner if glass roof is a critical item.

The following automakers only report quarterly sales data.

Volkswagen
General Motors
Nissan
Tesla
Jaguar Land Rover.

Ford says they are considering switching.

Hooray that they made 2,200 cars, weird that they couldn't deliver 800 of them, and suspicious that they put the earnings announcement on election day. That almost sounds like they want anything to be buried in other news.
Delivered means completed transaction on the book. Customer gets car, Lucid Motors get fund funded into bank to close the deal. Logistic, PDI, funding can all slow down delivery process.

Like last year Q4 production, much of it was delivered into Q1 2023 instead, Q4 2021 only had 125 deliver.

You will notice carsalesbase stopped giving monthly data in 2019 and only does quarterly for Chevrolet.

Goodcarbadcar does monthly estimates for OEMs that do only quarterly reports.
I see

Back