Lucid Air model lineup updates for 2024

I thought the small battery would be more efficient. But I reset my Trip A in the Touring and did 75mph from SJ to SF and could not pass 3.3miles per KWh (with heater on 70F in 50F ambient)
On the way back i drove a bit faster (between 75-80mph) and averaged 3.1 miles/KWh. But in both cases i didn't use any significant acceleration and mostly just cruised.

Either way, i don't see how people are getting even close to 4.
I got 3.7 in the DEP with 21s cruising at 70 from LA to AZ. Doable, but boring.

I thought the small battery would be more efficient. But I reset my Trip A in the Touring and did 75mph from SJ to SF and could not pass 3.3miles per KWh (with heater on 70F in 50F ambient)
On the way back i drove a bit faster (between 75-80mph) and averaged 3.1 miles/KWh. But in both cases i didn't use any significant acceleration and mostly just cruised.

Either way, i don't see how people are getting even close to 4.
Try 70mph, 67F in winter 75F in summer. I drove the same segment on 101 and I5 between Fremont and Pasadena. 19s help.

I am going to bet yes that is the case. My guess is that Lucid was packaging 2023 Touring and 2023 Pure AWD with the same motors and battery specs. The motor output is software limited in 2023 Pure AWD to differentiate from Touring. When Touring range was initially assessed EPA testing was more lenient. The 2023 Pure AWD range is 410. This is all speculative and I have no proof to these claims. ;)

Personally I don't pay too much attention to the range number. For me the more impactful metric is how many miles can I drive between 20%-80% SOC and require a charge.
For what it's worth, my 2012 Pure can only charge to 409 miles. Lol

DId my first trip (SD to LA and back) this past weekend and got exactly 4.0. AGT with 19" wheels, kept it at 70 mph with climate on, massaging on both driver and passenger seat for ~ 1 hr each way. I did one (just one!) quick acceleration when leaving DTLA which dropped my efficiency to 3.9 mi/kWh for about 45 minutes of highway driving before it recovered back to 4.0. So you really really have to behave if you want to see good efficiency numbers.

DId my first trip (SD to LA and back) this past weekend and got exactly 4.0. AGT with 19" wheels, kept it at 70 mph with climate on, massaging on both driver and passenger seat for ~ 1 hr each way. I did one (just one!) quick acceleration when leaving DTLA which dropped my efficiency to 3.9 mi/kWh for about 45 minutes of highway driving before it recovered back to 4.0. So you really really have to behave if you want to see good efficiency numbers.
You're good. The last time I drove SD to LA, I could only keep it at 65 - 70 mph for the first 40 miles. I had the number up at 4.4, which looked great. The number dropped very quickly when I started driving in the 70 -80 mph range.

You're good. The last time I drove SD to LA, I could only keep it at 65 - 70 mph for the first 40 miles. I had the number up at 4.4, which looked great. The number dropped very quickly when I started driving in the 70 -80 mph range.
It helped that my wife and I were focused on having a relaxing time. We just chatted and listened to music while staying toward the right side of the freeway and letting everyone pass us :D

I just did the trip from the East Coast of FL to Delaware in my Touring on 19". With a heavy foot thru the Carolinas, i did about 3.2. Once I got into VA (sans my radar detector) it jumped to 3.7. Once into DE, with my trusty assistant back on the windshield, & my comfort level much higher, it was 3.1. One important note, I only used EA to charge throughout the trip & all worked. Yes, I had to do the occasional unplug & re-plug, but not a major inconvenience. However, at 20% SOC with 30 minutes preconditioning I never drew more than 145kw on the 350 chargers. BUT THEY WORKED!! (something I couldn't say last year when I made the same trip)

Back