Lucid CFO Steps Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she did a great job on the quarterly calls. Hope Lucid can find someone as skilled.

Yeah it was only part of the earnings call that was interesting to me… it’s rare to have people communicate that well. I dread next cfo cause Sherry was so good

That is not good news. CFO leaving after just two years at Lucid and while seeing stock drop and leaving at the very bottom?? I think this company may go private soon.

Let’s keep the rampant speculation to a minimum, please. Concentrate on the facts.

Having said that, I had the opportunity to meet Sherry once. And I wish her well. Hope Lucid has a solid replacement in mind.

Wonder why?

That said, I'm not shocked; a lot of people did leave Lucid before(their audi derived head of manufacturing, etc). I wish Sherry the best for the future and we will miss Peter saying "efficiency, power, awards, blah blah... listen to CFO sherry now!" 🤣

There's no way to spin this as anything other than bad news. But I would hold off on the doom and gloom for a bit and see how Lucid moves forward.

Being delisted from the NASDAQ would be a blow to anyone's career. I won't pretend to know the difference between a CFO and an accountant, but the guess is probably spot on.

Executives are there to take the blows for those underneath them. Then they just move on to the next company.

Being delisted from the NASDAQ would be a blow to anyone's career. I won't pretend to know the difference between a CFO and an accountant, but the guess is probably spot on.

Executives are there to take the blows for those underneath them. Then they just move on to the next company.
Delisting is a nothing burger.....even the mighty solar king Enphase got delisted.

That is not good news. CFO leaving after just two years at Lucid and while seeing stock drop and leaving at the very bottom?? I think this company may go private soon.
They won't take it private. They would have to spend at least 6 billion to buy out and fund a couple of billion a year till profitable. Better to let stock appreciate.

If that is actually why she resigned, that would be extraordinarily fast and be a VERY bad day for lucid.

Delisting is a nothing burger.....even the mighty solar king Enphase got delisted.
So did Ebay.. and Zoom... are we saying those companies are in trouble too? Come on now, people.

Executives come and go all the time. Personally I think its important to not read too much into it. If you lost key engineers or architects I could understand questioning where the company direction is coming from, but again - this stuff happens with large companies all the time.

So did Ebay.. and Zoom... are we saying those companies are in trouble too? Come on now, people.

Executives come and go all the time. Personally I think its important to not read too much into it. If you lost key engineers or architects I could understand questioning where the company direction is coming from, but again - this stuff happens with large companies all the time.
She is 50. Maybe new opportunities involves retirement. I can't imagine working till I'm 50 unless I was absolutely passionate about the work.

• Hmm
Reactions: DBV
She is 50. Maybe new opportunities involves retirement. I can't imagine working till I'm 50 unless I was absolutely passionate about the work.
I mean, a normal retirement age is around 65 to my knowledge, so I think it is more likely she moves onto new companies.

I don't know what country you live in but 50 is not a typical retirement age in the US... most people wait at least until 65 and more like 70

50 is kind of young for CFO of a sizable firm.

I think so too, but I wonder how/why it happened so fast?

To be clear, I am ABSOLUTELY NOT suggesting insider things, but I have a question: does the company know if it will be kicked out of the index before it is announced?
If you think either of these things was not known for a long time coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back