Official Software 2.0 Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile I can get an incoming text on my phone while my wife’s phone is playing music and navigation is running.
What? How!?
Finally with 2.0.5 my connected devices under Bluetooth is working (after I unpaired and repaired) but only one device can be connected at a time. Changing who plays music requires disconnecting one phone and connecting the next.

Are you manually changing your phone to "calls" only and then connecting your wife's phone as "audio"?

Was the Highway Assist (lane centering) part of this latest update (v.2.0.5)? I downloaded the update this morning (@ 2 hours to completion - I was one of the "group of 100") and I have been out and about checking it out. As others have noted, there are some excellent improvements: turn cameras, response times, infotainment stability and automatically reengaging when signals drop out (poor network service where I live), easier access to the buttons to choose navigation, music, etc.. I'll check it out more tomorrow. A couple small glitches, but the vast majority of the software seems much more responsive and stable.

When I unsuccessfully attempted to use two EA chargers in Seabrook, NH, I forgot to close the charging port. I pulled over to check, and it was still open. Shouldn't the empty charging port close automatically if you take the car out of park (to any other gear - R, N, or D) or even if it is left open for too long with no charging cable inserted? [EA rebooted the charging station, but although the connection was made and I could hear the station revving up, the connection terminated with no actual charge. The crappy charging infrastructure in NH is one of the reasons I opted for a longer range car. Small consolation, but a VW ID.4 and a Volvo wouldn't work on the stations I tried either. So far, the EA chargers at the Mall of NH in Manchester are the only ones I was able to charge with successfully.]

Two glitches in 2.0.5 so far. First, a yellow triangle/exclamation point came on during my drive. That is apparently a software glitch According to Customer care. Second, the radio does not mute during message playback. I had to turn off the radio in order to listen to a message.

My GT currently has software version 1.2.19
Are there any additional software versions before the 2.0 ?
yes 1.2.20 and 1.2.21, if you find you are stuck at a given release (in my case 1.2.17 for over a month) you can call or text customer service and they'll push the OTA update out

@hydbob @joec Also might be a good idea to open a mega thread of sorts for the "beta" testers to report back issues. Probably with a required template noting the version number their on and car model (dream vs AGT). A separate Megathread can progressively exist for other OTAs over time tied to their specific versions.

Understanding we're in the middle of batched updates, I'm sure the Lucid team is looking at this to identify any potential issues and address those before going to the public, including those that might be within incremental versions up to the final build. On my end, I've already recorded instances where the Music area seems to crash to an unresponsive blank screen, cameras boot with lag (eventually catching up and no longer having lag), guide lines not being displayed for the backup camera and more. I'm sure all of this is value feedback that can be fed to the Lucid team and marked as known/unknown and/or addressed/not addressed.

This is unless @Lucid520 (and shadow team) has a more preferred way of officially getting a feedback loop going from the select 100 and some odd users.

What? How!?
Finally with 2.0.5 my connected devices under Bluetooth is working (after I unpaired and repaired) but only one device can be connected at a time. Changing who plays music requires disconnecting one phone and connecting the next.

Are you manually changing your phone to "calls" only and then connecting your wife's phone as "audio"?
Yeah that’s how it’s done. I don’t use my phone for Bluetooth music.

Has there been any discussions on what spec the computing system is, and how much overhead there is for future updates, such as this one?

Coming from a 2017 model S with FSD, I’m sure many of you know the story about how we’ve seen 2.5+ computer upgrades and we’re still not there…

Do the dream editions have the same internals, or have there been some hw updates?

Hoping to have my GT next week… just waiting PDI out of Florida…
Same internals, to my knowledge. Not sure of the specs but I do know they did not spare any expense on the computing in the car. It was just hampered with some poor architectural decisions early on in the software cycle, which is largely why the big rewrite happened. I’m impressed they were courageous enough to do the rewrite, and impressed with how quickly they did it!

As a note, Highway Assist works wonderfully on I4. The UI when getting off of a supported highway needs some TLC though.

Same internals, to my knowledge. Not sure of the specs but I do know they did not spare any expense on the computing in the car. It was just hampered with some poor architectural decisions early on in the software cycle, which is largely why the big rewrite happened. I’m impressed they were courageous enough to do the rewrite, and impressed with how quickly they did it!
This new software proves there’s some serious processing abilities in the car. I was nervous with the prior software as it felt like it was constantly buffering and clearing caches just to do simple tasks. Now it’s like it suddenly turned into the T1000 from Terminator.

@hydbob @joec Also might be a good idea to open a mega thread of sorts for the "beta" testers to report back issues. Probably with a required template noting the version number their on and car model (dream vs AGT). A separate Megathread can progressively exist for other OTAs over time tied to their specific versions.

Understanding we're in the middle of batched updates, I'm sure the Lucid team is looking at this to identify any potential issues and address those before going to the public, including those that might be within incremental versions up to the final build. On my end, I've already recorded instances where the Music area seems to crash to an unresponsive blank screen, cameras boot with lag (eventually catching up and no longer having lag), guide lines not being displayed for the backup camera and more. I'm sure all of this is value feedback that can be fed to the Lucid team and marked as known/unknown and/or addressed/not addressed.

This is unless @Lucid520 (and shadow team) has a more preferred way of officially getting a feedback loop going from the select 100 and some odd users.
I think they took your suggestion because I just left that thread. It is at: https://lucidowners.com/threads/october-ota-feedback-thread.3017/

Hi
I just watched a video about UX 2.0. I like all the features except one makes me nervous. I see that they added buttons on the left screen for opening and clsosing the trunk aand frunk.
I kind a liked them in a submenu to avoid accidently pressing it while driving. I haven't experienced the new software yet but I hope it checks whether the car is in motion before opening these trunks.

Your thoughts?

Reactions: NPN
Hi
I just watched a video about UX 2.0. I like all the features except one makes me nervous. I see that they added buttons on the left screen for opening and clsosing the trunk aand frunk.
I kind a liked them in a submenu to avoid accidently pressing it while driving. I haven't experienced the new software yet but I hope it checks whether the car is in motion before opening these trunks.

Your thoughts?
The ones on the home screen of the pilot panel would "grey" out while moving so they could not be activated. I haven't checked but hopefully the new one on the left side of the glass cockpit also greys out

I have to say rather than rushing through to analyze all the change as I am want to do. This time I keep driving and discovering and it’s been like a flower blooming over a number of day. Most important to me was moving the nab/music buttons where I can reach them. The Nav and its improved coordination with Alex is super. Using the new slot for directions in the turn signal box I can now choose music and have both simultaneously (if you just want directions and can forgo a map. To be able to reconfigure the left dash , under settings for different trip functions bodes well for future versatility. ( I kind miss the kw/mi read out up there. But everything is viewable on the pilot panel. ). I LOVE this car. My wife is impressed at the magnitude of the changes and is asking if the next update could do laundry.

I have to say rather than rushing through to analyze all the change as I am want to do. This time I keep driving and discovering and it’s been like a flower blooming over a number of day. Most important to me was moving the nab/music buttons where I can reach them. The Nav and its improved coordination with Alex is super. Using the new slot for directions in the turn signal box I can now choose music and have both simultaneously (if you just want directions and can forgo a map. To be able to reconfigure the left dash , under settings for different trip functions bodes well for future versatility. ( I kind miss the kw/mi read out up there. But everything is viewable on the pilot panel. ). I LOVE this car. My wife is impressed at the magnitude of the changes and is asking if the next update could do laundry.
You mean .. you didn’t get the “laundry button” update 😳 ? … mine works great ! 😜

Although I’m happy to see progress, where does that leave CarPlay and Android Auto? The 2 most important features missing…
Are they really the most important features? More important than range prediction? Highway assist? Etc.

Just proves the ancient maxim: different strokes for different folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back