My Lucid Oof’d it today

Deisic

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, Rivian R1S
Was doing 80 on the highway and then heard a thunk sound, all screens went black, lost all power which was pretty wild tbh. So I pulled over to the left as the systems rebooted and took an off ramp. Drive system failure. The whole turtle mode thing also came on so I thought I’d be able to drive slowly to a safer spot, no dice. So I ended up being that asshole that has no hazards on blocking one of the lanes. IMG_1422.jpeg

Was prettty freaky, especially with my 11 year old in the car with me. Ended up taking almost two hours to get a tow truck there. Since I’m in Salt Lake they want to ship it to Colorado to diagnose.

Car has less than 1200 miles on it, I’ve had it for almost 3 days. Love the car, but this is a huge bummer.

IMG_1424.jpeg

IMG_1425.jpeg

Damn. That sucks. Hope they get you back up and running quickly.

Did Denver tell you they have a loaner for you?

Sorry to hear. That is literally the worst experience you can have for a new car that you are excited about.

Damn. That sucks. Hope they get you back up and running quickly.

Did Denver tell you they have a loaner for you?
Ya it really sucks They offered an enterprise but I declined. I still have a model s I have listed for sale. But if they are offering more of the lux rentals I may take them up on it.

Ya it really sucks They offered an enterprise but I declined. I still have a model s I have listed for sale. But if they are offering more of the lux rentals I may take them up on it.
Ask for it. I know another owner that got a $440/day rental that I thought was excessive but he got it.

Was doing 80 on the highway and then heard a thunk sound, all screens went black, lost all power which was pretty wild tbh. So I pulled over to the left as the systems rebooted and took an off ramp. Drive system failure. The whole turtle mode thing also came on so I thought I’d be able to drive slowly to a safer spot, no dice. So I ended up being that asshole that has no hazards on blocking one of the lanes. View attachment 18078

Was prettty freaky, especially with my 11 year old in the car with me. Ended up taking almost two hours to get a tow truck there. Since I’m in Salt Lake they want to ship it to Colorado to diagnose.

Car has less than 1200 miles on it, I’ve had it for almost 3 days. Love the car, but this is a huge bummer.

View attachment 18079
View attachment 18080
Dang that sucks, sorry to hear.

Ask for it. I know another owner that got a $440/day rental that I thought was excessive but he got it.
thanks for the suggestion. I’ll look into that.

I'm very sorry this happened to you so soon after delivery. I hope things get resolved quickly and this will just be a small bump in your otheriwse amazing ownership experience. Also, welcome to the Salt Lake owner's club! Hopefully I'll spot you on the road sometime soon.

I'm very sorry this happened to you so soon after delivery. I hope things get resolved quickly and this will just be a small bump in your otheriwse amazing ownership experience. Also, welcome to the Salt Lake owner's club! Hopefully I'll spot you on the road sometime soon.
same and same!

Anyone know what that error normally means? Is it 12v drain? Or something else?

The thunk plus turtle leans towards a motor failure, imo.

If I had to guess, you probably need a new HV battery or drive unit. But I have absolutely no idea.

I believe @joec got a Lucid rental through Enterprise recently. Sorry this happened so soon after getting your car. At least you guys are safe!
I charged next to someone at the local EA last week who had picked up a Lucid Touring rental from National (I think?). I was quite surprised.

Yeah i heard from here that Lucid offers high end rentals so may as well request. Get yourself one fun ICE car or a nice EV maybe?

Wow— makes my experience seem tame. Good luck, and don’t let your wife drive your lucid when you get it back. I let my wife take it and that’s pretty much the last I’ve seen of it :)

Back