It isn't only Lucid...

Steveinarizona

Cars
Genesis GV60 Performance
Here is a posting from the Genesis GV60 forum on a similar short notice turtle alert:

Did you hear a pop just before the car shut itself down?
No, there was no sound or warning at all. I was going over a bridge at about 35 mph when it just shut down and stopped. The dash displayed ‘check vehicle electrical system”. Luckily the tow truck driver knew how to get it in neutral by removing the cover on the console and pushing the shift lock button. Then he loaded it on a flatbed for the trip to Las Begad.

I am beginning to think that these short notice turtle type alerts may be a function of owning/driving an EV. I hope not. It is scary to suddenly stop on a highway.

My Jaguar did that once, it was a 12 V battery problem.

I am beginning to think that these short notice turtle type alerts may be a function of owning/driving an EV. I hope not. It is scary to suddenly stop on a highway.
I've been daily-driving EVs since 2011 and have never experienced this. I have had three ICE vehicles stop dead while driving though: two transmission failures and one ignition module.

I've been daily-driving EVs since 2011 and have never experienced this. I have had three ICE vehicles stop dead while driving though: two transmission failures and one ignition module.
That was actually wild to read as the Lucid is my first EV and everything around owning one is new to me.

But you have already been in the game for over 10 years. Damn

That was actually wild to read as the Lucid is my first EV and everything around owning one is new to me.

But you have already been in the game for over 10 years. Damn
The Air is our fifth and newest EV, and the best. We kept the others for 3-4 years each.

Back