My Lucid Oof’d it today

Please keep us updated on what happens (including a nicer luxury rental). I've always gotten a GT loaner myself when something (much more minor in my case) had to get addressed BUT I live only 36 miles away from a Lucid Service center in the greater Chicago area.

Sounds very similar to what happened to my wife except she was on a residential road. We were able to get a loaner from the local Lucid studio. The car was transported to the Houston service center and they replaced the rear drive motor and returned the car back to our house in 10 days. No problems since. Hope you have a similar repair experience and no further problems!

how long did that take btw?
About a month. They did let me know that it might take a while when they were picking up my vehicle as it was around the holidays and that the service center was backed up with other vehicles.

Anyone know what that error normally means? Is it 12v drain? Or something else?

Something similar happened to our Lucid last August, except that after the car rebooted I was able to limp the last few miles home on side roads. The HV battery pack and the rear drive unit were replaced.

Oddly enough, the same thing happened to our 2015 Model S P90D resulting in the same parts being replaced. In that case, the cause was a weld break in the battery pack. I never found out what caused the Lucid failure.

About a month. They did let me know that it might take a while when they were picking up my vehicle as it was around the holidays and that the service center was backed up with other vehicles.
Ok thanks for the info!

Please keep us updated on what happens (including a nicer luxury rental). I've always gotten a GT loaner myself when something (much more minor in my case) had to get addressed BUT I live only 36 miles away from a Lucid Service center in the greater Chicago area.
Will do! Ya I’m in no mans land as far as lucid sales/service centers are concerned 😂

Wow— makes my experience seem tame. Good luck, and don’t let your wife drive your lucid when you get it back. I let my wife take it and that’s pretty much the last I’ve seen of it :)
Hahahah! Oh man! I will take your advice! She loves her Rvivian but I could see her changing her mind.

Yeah i heard from here that Lucid offers high end rentals so may as well request. Get yourself one fun ICE car or a nice EV maybe?
They offered me $100 a day.

Something similar happened to our Lucid last August, except that after the car rebooted I was able to limp the last few miles home on side roads. The HV battery pack and the rear drive unit were replaced.

Oddly enough, the same thing happened to our 2015 Model S P90D resulting in the same parts being replaced. In that case, the cause was a weld break in the battery pack. I never found out what caused the Lucid failure.
Sucks being early adopters sometimes, but I figured they would of worked these kind of major catastrophic failures out already.

Oooooooooh, damn. I'm sorry!

FYI if you live near that intersection, we're neighbors.

Oooooooooh, damn. I'm sorry!

FYI if you live near that intersection, we're neighbors.
Hi Neighbor! Do you drive a Zenith Red Lucid? If so I saw you drive by when I was broke down 😂

They offered me $100 a day.
yea this is what they offered me at Enterprise too. Ironically, Enterprise was like we have Lucids available for rental now too!..."oh but Lucid won't cover enough for you to get one of those" lol

Sorry to hear. This recently happened to me and they replaced my front drive unit.
So just out of curiosity… if the car wasn’t under warranty anymore… any idea what we’d be looking at for a drive unit replacement 🤔

So just out of curiosity… if the car wasn’t under warranty anymore… any idea what we’d be looking at for a drive unit replacement 🤔

It's worth noting that Lucid's 8-year / 100,000-mile warranty covers the powertrain (including drive units) as well as the battery pack.

It's worth noting that Lucid's 8-year / 100,000-mile warranty covers the powertrain (including drive units) as well as the battery pack.
Well, means I have 7 years for them to figure it out!

I got the drive system fault too this weekend. Less inconvenient though since I was at the golf course. Maybe the gopher got me, or the gator…

Towed to service and got an enterprise rental. Probably gets looked at early next week after they dig out of their queue.

Nicest thing the local enterprise had was a q5.

Back