Lucid is changing my HV battery

But yes, there seems to have been a bad batch of parts and/or process for some of the earlier vehicles. All of the ones that have had their batteries replaced, to my knowledges, were DEs or early vehicles, sometimes already sold and owned used.

That tracks.

Our original Dream Edition was No. 154. When it was totaled in a wreck at 17,000 miles, we bought used Dream Edition No. 395 with 5,400 miles on it, which was the one with the HV battery and rear drive unit failure.

Does the wunderbox always get changed when new HV battery is put in? I looked at my service invoice and didn’t see it listed as replaced unless it is called something else.

Does the wunderbox always get changed when new HV battery is put in? I looked at my service invoice and didn’t see it listed as replaced unless it is called something else.
A lot of times if there is a version change

My battery threw a fault code around 12k and lucid diagnosed as a faulty controller and replaced it out of caution 14 months ago. Great service

I wouldn’t log in to anything personal on a loaner. Speed limiter should be at 88mph, sometimes they aren’t set.
Yup speed limits right at 88 you push accel and it doesn’t go kind of scary when trying to pass someone

Yup speed limits right at 88 you push accel and it doesn’t go kind of scary when trying to pass someone
IMO the speed limits should be at around 100 for the western side of the US, because those tend to be faster than the east. Here, 88 would be the passing speed, not the cruising speed.

IMO the speed limits should be at around 100 for the western side of the US, because those tend to be faster than the east. Here, 88 would be the passing speed, not the cruising speed.
Honestly I think 88 is quite generous on a car that is being loaned to you or for a test drive car. Play with higher speeds on your own car. There’s not many scenarios where it’s a NEED to go any higher than that.

Honestly I think 88 is quite generous on a car that is being loaned to you or for a test drive car. Play with higher speeds on your own car. There’s not many scenarios where it’s a NEED to go any higher than that.
While I agree with Xponents about the driving speed out here (West), I also understand placing a limit on a loaner. BUT...it should be in large print on a sticker on the dashboard telling drivers that. Even a generally slow driver could exceed that limit when passing (how many times I see a car speed up when I am passing it) so the user of the loaner absolutely needs to know about the limit.

What are the rules for washing a loaner vehicle? I was thinking not wash the car but I usually just do a machine wash. How do you all wash a loaner car . Full of fun questions on this? This could be a guide of how to use and treat a loaner car someday.

What are the rules for washing a loaner vehicle? I was thinking not wash the car but I usually just do a machine wash. How do you all wash a loaner car . Full of fun questions on this? This could be a guide of how to use and treat a loaner car someday.
No need to wash a loaner. Unless you want to. They detail them when you return it.

If you don't want to be seen in a filthy car (believe me, I get it) I would hand wash it myself personally. But that's me. I don't think there's harm in taking it to a good machine wash place. Just don't go to a cheap place that will wreck it.

While I agree with Xponents about the driving speed out here (West), I also understand placing a limit on a loaner. BUT...it should be in large print on a sticker on the dashboard telling drivers that. Even a generally slow driver could exceed that limit when passing (how many times I see a car speed up when I am passing it) so the user of the loaner absolutely needs to know about the limit.

I mean, they did tell him.

Not all . . . but with a quick (and probably sloppy) forum search today I found nine owners who did. What I couldn't tell was when those cars were built.

Here's the Honor Roll:

Mkatz
Snafu
Shuasha
hmp10 (me)
Blueice89
enzro
Htx lucid
natebeske
Electrified

There were also a couple who were notified by Lucid of a possible battery pack problem but whose cars subsequently checked out.
Mine was built in May 2022. It was in Chicago in August 2022, homeless, because the person who ordered it cancelled his/her order, and it was then shipped to Boston where I picked it up at the beginning of September 2022. Battery error was diagnosed at @24K miles in October 2023.

I mean, they did tell him.
I know but maybe the customer can forget and maybe the next customer won't be told. If a car designed to run >100 mph is limited to 85, the user could get in an accident when the car didn't accelerate adequately while passing another vehicle. Here in Arizona, on the freeways, car routinely drive faster than 85. If one is driving 75 and needs to pass another car, one could easily hit the speed limiter.

My point is I understand and don't have a problem with limiting loaners to 85 so long as the information is printed in large print in front of the driver.

I know but maybe the customer can forget and maybe the next customer won't be told. If a car designed to run >100 mph is limited to 85, the user could get in an accident when the car didn't accelerate adequately while passing another vehicle. Here in Arizona, on the freeways, car routinely drive faster than 85. If one is driving 75 and needs to pass another car, one could easily hit the speed limiter.

My point is I understand and don't have a problem with limiting loaners to 85 so long as the information is printed in large print in front of the driver.

A study some years ago found that average speeds on U.S. highways with 70 mph speed limits were 7.88 mph above the posted speed limit -- i. e., about 78 mph. (There were some interesting correlations in the data, such as people with higher incomes averaged about 2 mph faster than lower-income drivers.) Couple this with the fact that average horsepower of U.S. vehicles has more than doubled since 1980 and is still rising, and I suspect average interstate speeds have climbed further since this study. That would certainly square with my own experience in Florida, where I have a constant stream of cars passing me when I'm driving "only" 80 mph.

Limiting the speed of a loaner to 88 mph on highways where a goodly percentage of drivers are exceeding 80 mph strikes me as a tad dicey. Sometimes it's better to hit the accelerator than the brakes in certain situations, such as when you're being tailgated at speed and the only way to move over is to jump ahead of traffic in crowded surrounding lanes.

Not all . . . but with a quick (and probably sloppy) forum search today I found nine owners who did. What I couldn't tell was when those cars were built.

Here's the Honor Roll:

Mkatz
Snafu
Shuasha
hmp10 (me)
Blueice89
enzro
Htx lucid
natebeske
Electrified

There were also a couple who were notified by Lucid of a possible battery pack problem but whose cars subsequently checked out.
I've always been more of an All-Star as opposed to an Honor Roll type........
Me too.

But, and again I must stress this: battery replacements will be overrepresented in this forum because the first thing someone will do is google it and find this forum and post to see if everything will be okay, lol.

But yes, there seems to have been a bad batch of parts and/or process for some of the earlier vehicles. All of the ones that have had their batteries replaced, to my knowledges, were DEs or early vehicles, sometimes already sold and owned used. I know they iterated to produce new versions of the Wunderbox and battery pack, along with moving some components between them to prevent the issue, and now they seem to be replacing it on vehicles that have those faulty components, proactively.

I wouldn’t call it a major issue, given that it has now been entirely proactive afaik.
I agree, in fact I didn't bring up my battery issue until the other day (it occurred late summer/early fall) just because I didn't see any value in posting about an issue that didn't cause me any delay or inconvenience outside of having to set and memorize the seat.

All cars have issue at some point in there life, some sooner or later than others; I've never felt the need to discuss those issues unless there is good back story such as "the car went down and there I was in a raging snowstorm dressed in a polo along with my Varvatos Bowery's and Sperry
deck shoes (sockless of course), I trudged for 8 miles in ever deepening snow before I saw a porch light guiding me like the star over Bethlehem, I knocked and the door opened and it was then that I faced the warmth of a 12 ga. over and under.......

• We are going to San Diego for presidents days weekend. Can you take loaners on road trips? If not likely taking of other ev
  • I also found out my battery is coming from North Cal as opposed to Casa Grande. So that will add a few more days is my guess

• We are going to San Diego for presidents days weekend. Can you take loaners on road trips? If not likely taking of other ev
  • I also found out my battery is coming from North Cal as opposed to Casa Grande. So that will add a few more days is my guess
Yes, I would assume you could take a loaner to do any “normal” trip you would do in your regular car, for instance a road trip(NOT OFF-ROADING PLEASE) 🤣

However, do notify the SC of this as they could have some limits on its use.

I used a touchless car wash on the loaner but no added waxes or ceramic, just regular wash rinse and dry. I do the same on my car in the winter if temps are below freezing just because I don’t have a heated garage and ONR will crystallize as soon as it touches the panels if temps are below freezing. After the touchless wash I then furiously towel dry off any remaining water before it freezes. The XPEL PPF + OptiCoat ceramic seems to make the car pretty resilient, but not all touchless washes are created equal, I’ve tried probably 6 different locations and the only one that was any good was this older Mobil gas station one near me that does a good job at getting the rocker panels, which other touchless washes do a terrible job at on the Lucid and too often force in some tri-color foam or clear coat crap. I keep hearing the soaps those things use are bad, but in the winter I’m not gonna drop several hundred $ on pro detailing every couple weeks, when the terrible weather is just going to trash the appearance 2 days later.

Yes, I would assume you could take a loaner to do any “normal” trip you would do in your regular car, for instance a road trip(NOT OFF-ROADING PLEASE) 🤣

However, do notify the SC of this as they could have some limits on its use.
I took my loaner up to the New Hampshire mountains to see a friend at his parents house, which is literally a converted farm/barn from 1780, up a dirt/gravel road. The car handled it like a champ but did look like I had gone off roading. Thankfully it didn’t hit any big bumps, it just definitely needed a wash. I would have been embarrassed to bring it back looking like it did. Also my average mi/kwh on that trip was 4.0!

And just to clarify it wasn’t deliberate off roading, I just followed the GPS, there was no other route. The car had a weird front left suspension rattle but it was like that when I got it, it wasn’t any different when I returned it.

Back