New HV Battery

Mkatz

Verified Owner
Cars
GT
Referral Code
T0X1NJL7
Looks like I’ll be joining the club and getting new HV battery. My GT has over 19k miles and I received call from Lucid Plainview stating my car had Service bulletin to examine and most likely replace the HV battery. I assume this was found from software and communicated to Lucid. Good news is that I’ll be getting a brand new battery and they can address a nagging frunk issue, loose headliner and calibrate cameras since I can’t use HA (car pulls immediately to left) at the same time. Bad news is I most likely will not get a Lucid loaner given the distance from service center and was offered Enterprise. Soonest appointment is 1/29. Hope the HV battery holds up til then 🤞

Looks like I’ll be joining the club and getting new HV battery. My GT has over 19k miles and I received call from Lucid Plainview stating my car had Service bulletin to examine and most likely replace the HV battery. I assume this was found from software and communicated to Lucid. Good news is that I’ll be getting a brand new battery and they can address a nagging frunk issue, loose headliner and calibrate cameras since I can’t use HA (car pulls immediately to left) at the same time. Bad news is I most likely will not get a Lucid loaner given the distance from service center and was offered Enterprise. Soonest appointment is 1/29. Hope the HV battery holds up til then 🤞
Possible good news for you is that enterprise has some Lucid cars in their loaner fleet. Definitely see if you can nab one of those.

Possible good news for you is that enterprise has some Lucid cars in their loaner fleet. Definitely see if you can nab one of those.
You mean Enterprise Rent a car ? or Lucid has loaners ?
I was given the Lucid loaner when they were fixing my frunk (which tech misaligned it while trying to align it) in Short Hills. I had to wait until loaner became available

You mean Enterprise Rent a car ? or Lucid has loaners ?
I was given the Lucid loaner when they were fixing my frunk (which tech misaligned it while trying to align it) in Short Hills. I had to wait until loaner became available
Enterprise Rent a Car

Regarding your car pulling to the left upon HA engagement - my car did the same thing. It took a couple of mobile service visits, and a week at the Lucid Service Centre nearest me, but they eventually figured out the problem, and fixed it. Looking at my service paperwork now, the cause is stated as: “The steering column module needed to be calibrated”.

It took them a few days to arrive at that correct diagnosis, so I suggest that when you hand your car over, you bring that up as a possibility.

Regarding your car pulling to the left upon HA engagement - my car did the same thing. It took a couple of mobile service visits, and a week at the Lucid Service Centre nearest me, but they eventually figured out the problem, and fixed it. Looking at my service paperwork now, the cause is stated as: “The steering column module needed to be calibrated”.

It took them a few days to arrive at that correct diagnosis, so I suggest that when you hand your car over, you bring that up as a possibility.
The power of community 💪

Since when did enterprise have Lucids ? Wow. I’ll take a look but can’t imagine they have many.

Thanks so much for the info. Will relay to the service team.

So glad they caught it before you had a major issue. !!

You should also ask them to check the alignment. That caused my car to pull left when using HA at first.
Will do. I would think though if it’s alignment issue I would notice when driving without HA also though, wouldn’t I?

Since when did enterprise have Lucids ? Wow. I’ll take a look but can’t imagine they have many.
Very recent development. But the location just by me has two of them.

They have a bunch spread out around the country. They may not necessarily show up under regular listings.

When they notified me that my HV battery needed to be replaced last Fall (@24K miles), it was on a 2-out-of-5 level, so not an emergency. They try to get them early. It took them a couple weeks to get my car on the schedule, but my car continued to drive fine until they were able to replace it. It took about two weeks to get it back, and they fixed a couple small issues I had noted. I would have gotten it back in a week, but when they did the final test drive, they found some issues as a result of removing the original HV battery and needed to wait a couple more days for parts. They pushed things and got my car back to me in time for a weekend road trip I had planned. No issues, but my frunk is now having issues again - it doesn't seem to like the cold. I wouldn't sweat it.

Will do. I would think though if it’s alignment issue I would notice when driving without HA also though, wouldn’t I?
I did not notice it during normal driving. My steering wheel was a few degrees off center and I asked them to correct that which requires an alignment. I was not expecting it to fix the HA but it did and the service center is aware of the fix.

Did you get any indication from the car that anything was going on? I received a text out of the blue this morning that Lucid had received an indication of a fault and they wanted to see if anything needed to be replaced. Is that approximately what you were told on the first text?
Interestingly, there was some confusion as to who I was when they went to get me an enterprise rental car and pick a location for me. I wonder if there is a big batch of cars being recalled? I have 1800 miles on the car so, I guess, still near the high part of the bathtub curve.

Did you get any indication from the car that anything was going on? I received a text out of the blue this morning that Lucid had received an indication of a fault and they wanted to see if anything needed to be replaced. Is that approximately what you were told on the first text?
Interestingly, there was some confusion as to who I was when they went to get me an enterprise rental car and pick a location for me. I wonder if there is a big batch of cars being recalled? I have 1800 miles on the car so, I guess, still near the high part of the bathtub curve.
I didn’t have any indication that something might be wrong. Lucid called me on my cell to inform me that software on the car alerted them. This was about 3 weeks ago and I have continued driving the car with no issues. They are picking up the car this Monday .

I didn’t have any indication that something might be wrong. Lucid called me on my cell to inform me that software on the car alerted them. This was about 3 weeks ago and I have continued driving the car with no issues. They are picking up the car this Monday .
So they picked up my car today. I was expecting them to take it to the new Atlanta location where they did a few routine cosmetic repairs. But, it appears to be on its way to Florida.

So they picked up my car today. I was expecting them to take it to the new Atlanta location where they did a few routine cosmetic repairs. But, it appears to be on its way to Florida.
Mine was picked up yesterday and sent to Plainview center. Pickup was a pain in the ass as I was texted 7 times between 4:30 am and noon telling me that the tow truck would be there in 25 minutes. Unfortunately I need to leave my phone by my bed since I am a physician and was on call. Definitely not a restful night . Hopefully I’ll get the car back in a week. 🤞

Mine was picked up yesterday and sent to Plainview center. Pickup was a pain in the ass as I was texted 7 times between 4:30 am and noon telling me that the tow truck would be there in 25 minutes. Unfortunately I need to leave my phone by my bed since I am a physician and was on call. Definitely not a restful night . Hopefully I’ll get the car back in a week. 🤞
Please provide that feedback to lucid customer care and service. They outsource the towing to another company, and can tell them not to use certain providers and would be useful when re-evaluating the contract whenever that happens

Back