The Nouvelle Batterie Club

EVCar

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
GT
Don't know who the founder was, but today I got word that I'll join this club because my car will need a new HV battery, and possibly a Wunderbox and harness.
The car has been at SC for the last week due to a non-functioning Nav.
A code for the HV battery was also found, leading to the recommendation for a new HV battery.
The car never had any problem except one time it bricked after a failed update (2.1 if I remember correctly) and the current Nav issue.
Compared to the many foreign and domestic auto manufacturers in my years of driving, Lucid has provided truly second-to-none service and astoundingly superb diligence in taking care of customers.
Car build date Oct 2022, delivered Dec 2022.
DCFC < 5 times, all on EAs.
Home: ChargePoint.

Last edited:
Don't know who the founder was, but today I got word that I'll join this club because my car will need a new HV battery, and possibly a Wunderbox and harness.
A code for the HV battery was also found, leading to the recommendation for a new HV battery.
The car never had any problem except one time it bricked after a failed update (2.1 if I remember correctly) and the current Nav issue.
Compared to the many foreign and domestic auto manufacturers in my years of driving, Lucid has provided truly second-to-none service and astoundingly superb diligence in taking care of customers.
I’m really glad to see that they’ve instrumented it and can replace the batteries/Wunderbox before there’s a problem!

I’m really glad to see that they’ve instrumented it and can replace the batteries/Wunderbox before there’s a problem!
Me, too.
Lucid's monitoring capabilities must be extraordinary.
And the SC manager freely shared that being a new company, Lucid didn't want to take any chances.

Curious, this was a used car you acquired right ?

It did come with a few miles on the odometer, and no powder coating,
I thought it was new when I bought it from Lucid.
All new cars come with some low number of miles on them, usually below 50.

Welcome to the party pal! Also a member

Welcome to the party pal! Also a member
Thanks so much. :cool: .
I feel honored.
I know Bobby keeps a list of the members of this club, but perhaps we can also keep a running log here just for fun,

I'll be joining the club soon. I finally called to schedule a service to have my seat homed to enable the easy-exit software (I had waited till one or two other small items popped up), and Danny, the Svc Mgr in Natick, said that I would also need my HV battery replaced. Their system monitoring software had flagged its status as a "2 of a possible 5" and it would need to be replaced. There was no worry about driving it until then, but they were proactively going to replace it. I have an appointment for mid-October and they are going to have one of their techs meet me about 40 minutes from my house to swap my car with a loaner, and the tech will drive my car down to Natick for repairs, saving me a long drive. I also am extremely pleased with the customer service for any questions or problems I've had.

AGT delivered 9/2022
22K miles; 95% charging at home on 50 amp ChargePoint and all L3 charging on Electrify America

I'll be joining the club soon. I finally called to schedule a service to have my seat homed to enable the easy-exit software (I had waited till one or two other small items popped up), and Danny, the Svc Mgr in Natick, said that I would also need my HV battery replaced. Their system monitoring software had flagged its status as a "2 of a possible 5" and it would need to be replaced. There was no worry about driving it until then, but they were proactively going to replace it. I have an appointment for mid-October and they are going to have one of their techs meet me about 40 minutes from my house to swap my car with a loaner, and the tech will drive my car down to Natick for repairs, saving me a long drive. I also am extremely pleased with the customer service for any questions or problems I've had.

AGT delivered 9/2022
22K miles; 95% charging at home on 50 amp ChargePoint and all L3 charging on Electrify America
Is this for free?

Yes, it's all under warranty.

Just got my AGT back after having the HV battery replaced (as noted above), and I was really pleased with the service. The Natick Service Manager, Danny, arranged for one of the techs to meet me in Concord NH (about 40 minutes from my house) to swap out an AGT (20" wheels) loaner. Since I was definitely over 24K miles already, they performed another 12K service and fixed the few other minor issues I had as well as finding and fixing some items I had never noticed. During a final test drive, they noticed a noise in the front and discovered one of the motor mounts was cracked, so they kept the car a couple extra days and replaced both motor mounts under warranty once the parts arrived. They gave me the option of having my car returned via a Concord exchange last night (Friday) or waiting till Monday, and I opted for the former since I was taking a road trip to VT today. It was so good to have Dorothy back. I do admit I prefer the 19" wheels on the NH roads. I'm getting used to the easy entry now; yes, the flashing Tidal icons are a bit annoying, so I seldom display that on the glass cockpit now.

As for the road trip, with the change in temps (20s at night, 50 during the day), I was interested to see how my trip went and compare any difference in efficiency with the new battery. I'm not sure that's doable, since I was in the northern part of the state, which is much more mountainous, but the temps were 49-54 for the day. I'll be adjusting my expected range for winter temps going forward.

I charged to 95% the night before, and it was close getting home. I was down to 9% with an estimated 47 miles remaining when I pulled into the garage. I've never seen the battery turn orange and have the "find charger, battery low" message on the glass cockpit. I don't want to see it again.

Stats:
95% charge
331.6 miles driven (47 estimated remaining) with 9% left on the battery
3.6 mi/kWh (my lifetime range has been 3.9-4.2 on average - 19" wheels)
93 kWh used

What was interesting, but annoying, was that when I was debating on rerouting to an EA charging station (I had stopped at the one in Lebanon, NH, but there were 3 cars waiting, so I thought I could make it home), when I put in my address, I could not get a true reading on what my estimated miles at destination actually would be... the car defaulted to an EA charging station in Manchester, a detour of more than 50 miles (to charger and then getting back on a route home). Once I hit Concord, I had a pretty good estimate of @30 miles to head home and a WAG of my battery percent and efficiency said I should make it. There was no way to route the car directly home on the NAV system and ignore/delete the charging stop detour.

Just got my AGT back after having the HV battery replaced (as noted above), and I was really pleased with the service. The Natick Service Manager, Danny, arranged for one of the techs to meet me in Concord NH (about 40 minutes from my house) to swap out an AGT (20" wheels) loaner. Since I was definitely over 24K miles already, they performed another 12K service and fixed the few other minor issues I had as well as finding and fixing some items I had never noticed. During a final test drive, they noticed a noise in the front and discovered one of the motor mounts was cracked, so they kept the car a couple extra days and replaced both motor mounts under warranty once the parts arrived. They gave me the option of having my car returned via a Concord exchange last night (Friday) or waiting till Monday, and I opted for the former since I was taking a road trip to VT today. It was so good to have Dorothy back. I do admit I prefer the 19" wheels on the NH roads. I'm getting used to the easy entry now; yes, the flashing Tidal icons are a bit annoying, so I seldom display that on the glass cockpit now.

As for the road trip, with the change in temps (20s at night, 50 during the day), I was interested to see how my trip went and compare any difference in efficiency with the new battery. I'm not sure that's doable, since I was in the northern part of the state, which is much more mountainous, but the temps were 49-54 for the day. I'll be adjusting my expected range for winter temps going forward.

I charged to 95% the night before, and it was close getting home. I was down to 9% with an estimated 47 miles remaining when I pulled into the garage. I've never seen the battery turn orange and have the "find charger, battery low" message on the glass cockpit. I don't want to see it again.

Stats:
95% charge
331.6 miles driven (47 estimated remaining) with 9% left on the battery
3.6 mi/kWh (my lifetime range has been 3.9-4.2 on average - 19" wheels)
93 kWh used

What was interesting, but annoying, was that when I was debating on rerouting to an EA charging station (I had stopped at the one in Lebanon, NH, but there were 3 cars waiting, so I thought I could make it home), when I put in my address, I could not get a true reading on what my estimated miles at destination actually would be... the car defaulted to an EA charging station in Manchester, a detour of more than 50 miles (to charger and then getting back on a route home). Once I hit Concord, I had a pretty good estimate of @30 miles to head home and a WAG of my battery percent and efficiency said I should make it. There was no way to route the car directly home on the NAV system and ignore/delete the charging stop detour.
Glad you got the new battery and all the fixes! Did they fix your Frunk closure issue? And yeah they need to add that feature to the navigation to allow you to delete or edit planned charging stops. I do not notice better or worse efficiency with my new battery, but happy they caught it remotely before I had a problem!

Back