Lucid is changing my HV battery

My Dream (1/22) is going in tomorrow for HV battery replacement TSC-H0723-012-04 campaign. I had been running the charge level setting at 50% for about a year (about 4500 Miles currently on ODO) and recently when I started charging it for an upcoming trip at 100% level, it won't charge at the rate displayed on the charging screen (I have 240VAC/50A charger). It kept showing 38 Mi/hr rate and after 22 hours of charging it only climbed from 43% to 80% (comes to around 8 Mi/hr). I opened a ticket with Lucid. The service guy who came out checked the diagnostics, found nothing unusual, but mentioned that the battery state of health showed 92% which is excessive loss over only 2 years. The service manager said that they will replace the HV battery as part of a campaign unrelated to my battery health! I am told that the replacement battery pack waiting to be installed is a refurbished unit and has a battery health rating of 95.8% which is better than the one in the cart now, and hopefully won't have charging rate issues.

The Chicago Depot service manager said they would keep my car for three days and will provide a loaner (was a lucid pure last time). Any comments/suggestions about what to look for at delivery (eg to avoid issues with EA charging in future etc) are welcome.

When I got my GT back from Chicago after the battery change, my charge limit had been reset from 80% to 85%. I thought for daily driving that 80% was the recommended. Has this changed?

When I got my GT back from Chicago after the battery change, my charge limit had been reset from 80% to 85%. I thought for daily driving that 80% was the recommended. Has this changed?
It has not changed. Service usually sets a higher charge limit and tops you off when they're done in case you have a long drive home.

My HV battery was replaced last month also. I had not had any appreciable battery degradation over 2 1/2 years and 27k miles. The car was operating normally and the change was done as part of a campaign. Service was great.
My DE after a handful of minor issues early has been trouble free. The Saphire has been perfect so far.

My Dream (1/22) is going in tomorrow for HV battery replacement TSC-H0723-012-04 campaign. I had been running the charge level setting at 50% for about a year (about 4500 Miles currently on ODO) and recently when I started charging it for an upcoming trip at 100% level, it won't charge at the rate displayed on the charging screen (I have 240VAC/50A charger). It kept showing 38 Mi/hr rate and after 22 hours of charging it only climbed from 43% to 80% (comes to around 8 Mi/hr). I opened a ticket with Lucid. The service guy who came out checked the diagnostics, found nothing unusual, but mentioned that the battery state of health showed 92% which is excessive loss over only 2 years. The service manager said that they will replace the HV battery as part of a campaign unrelated to my battery health! I am told that the replacement battery pack waiting to be installed is a refurbished unit and has a battery health rating of 95.8% which is better than the one in the cart now, and hopefully won't have charging rate issues.

The Chicago Depot service manager said they would keep my car for three days and will provide a loaner (was a lucid pure last time). Any comments/suggestions about what to look for at delivery (eg to avoid issues with EA charging in future etc) are welcome.
I got my DE back and the fully charged battery shows 498 Miles on it which is close to 96% of the brand new battery range as expected. They provided a GT loaner which was great. Their service has been excellent in keeping me updated with progress and delivery in three days. With the HV battery replacement, I gained about 20 Miles in range, and hopefully the replacement pack doesn't have the issue that my original battery was supposed to have (they never explained the reason for the HV battery replacement campaign). They also left a new charging cable to help me troubleshoot the charging issue that I had described in my previous post.

hopefully the replacement pack doesn't have the issue that my original battery was supposed to have (they never explained the reason for the HV battery replacement campaign)
Among other things, they moved some components around between the battery and the Wunderbox, but it isn’t like anyone’s battery is guaranteed to fail or anything; it’s not a “ticking time bomb” in that sense. There was a failure condition (or multiple) that was rarely triggered, but existed nonetheless, so they are updating it with new versions.

Back