Issues with my Grand Touring

Craigchi

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
My Grand Touring has 1800 miles. About 6 weeks ago it went completely dead on a Friday evening. I called roadside assistance and they told me someone would call me Monday morning. The total lack of roadside assistance is scary. No one called me until Wednesday. The car has been in service for nearly 6 weeks. The rear drive unit failed. Lucid has not offered to buyback the vehicle and has offered no form of compensation for the loss of use. Before the failure, I had major issues with the infotainment system (going completely black every other trip), the AC is underpowered and failed sporadically and Bluetooth connectivity was hit or miss. I have owned two Tesla Model S before buying Lucid. The driving experience and customer service experience are not even close.

My Grand Touring has 1800 miles. About 6 weeks ago it went completely dead on a Friday evening. I called roadside assistance and they told me someone would call me Monday morning. The total lack of roadside assistance is scary. No one called me until Wednesday. The car has been in service for nearly 6 weeks. The rear drive unit failed. Lucid has not offered to buyback the vehicle and has offered no form of compensation for the loss of use. Before the failure, I had major issues with the infotainment system (going completely black every other trip), the AC is underpowered and failed sporadically and Bluetooth connectivity was hit or miss. I have owned two Tesla Model S before buying Lucid. The driving experience and customer service experience are not even close.
Where are you located? What happened when it went dead? Any update? Did you just leave it on the road?

Thankfully it failed in my driveway. Located in Calabasas, CA. No update. Still in the shop.

Did it give you a warning before it failed?

I too would call roadside assistance if it were in my driveway.
Wouldn't you call a CS first?
And let them try to fix the issue over the air?

Thankfully it failed in my driveway. Located in Calabasas, CA. No update. Still in the shop.
Next time try contacting Lucid via the app. I have received a response, usually within 5 min with that method. I also own a Tesla and a Lucid Air GT. Lucid service has been more responsive in my experience.

Wouldn't you call a CS first?
And let them try to fix the issue over the air?
Ahh... I made that mistake too: called roadside assistance instead of CS. Was in panic mode as failure was at traffic light. I thought I would get Lucid but got someone on Mars who spoke a dialect I could not understand. They want the VIN but mine was not on their system. ?? The only thing I understood was, " where do you want it towed?" That question stumped me ... Casa Grande AZ ? To where on the East Coast do you tow an unconscious Lucid ? So the call was useful in that I realized I was completely on my own.

As it turns out the year I have spent browsing this site has been so useful I was able to left turn signal reset the car and drive home.
Sounds like Craig has a part issue if it's been in the shop that long. I'm guessing a re-boot is the first thing they did, then a scan, then they found it was a part they didn't have in stock. The supply chain is still all messed up.... thoughts and prayers Craig. We all wish a happy ending.

It sounds like California's "lemon law" clearly covers your car in this instance, as it's been out of service for more than 30 days for a defect that would be covered under warranty. You'll need to contact CS and be specific about what you want.

Disappointed to read this as it's not representative of the experience we strive to deliver. I tried to drop you a Direct Message for more info but cannot due to (I think) the newness of your account (Keep me honest, @Bobby). But I think you should be able to contact me directly. Please do reach out. I'd love to dig in and help.

Last edited:
Disappointed to read this as it's not representative of the experience we strive to deliver. I tried to drop you a Direct Message for more info but cannot due to (I think) the newness of your account (Keep me honest, @Bobby). But I think you should be able to contact me directly. Please do reach out. I'd love to dig in and help.
@Firstto520 we are working on that behind the scenes. Stayed tuned.

I also had problems with the Roadside assistance (after an accident, not a car/mechanical/software failure) - difficult to understand the person and then they were not able to locate my VIN in their system. I hung up and called Customer Service directly. There was a bit of a wait on hold, but the person who finally answered was able to get a tow set up fairly quickly and kept me informed of the status until the tow arrived. The driver was familiar with LUCIDs and texted to let me know my car had arrived at the auto body shop safely.

It sounds like California's "lemon law" clearly covers your car in this instance, as it's been out of service for more than 30 days for a defect that would be covered under warranty. You'll need to contact CS and be specific about what you want.
I believe your case clearly qualifies for the lemon law -- more than 30 days in the shop for "any" reason and still not repaired. Best to contact a lemon law attorney. If you win your case you even get sales tsx back.

To be more clear. The vehicle was completely dead in the water. No connectivity to Lucid for diagnostics of any kind, so no over air corrections could be made. Had to be lifted into a tow truck.

I just spent about an hour of my life that I won't ever get back trying to get in touch with Customer Assistance (which, by the way, is the same number on the app as the roadside assistance number..). Got the usual "If you'd like a call back, press 1" which I did- repeatedly- to no avail. Finally, it hung up. I called back, and got a 'we are experiencing problems, please try your call again later...". Sent a text, got a call back in a few minutes, and was told that 'someone would call" to update me. That was hours ago. I hate to think what my mood would be if I were stuck on the side of the road someplace.
As background, I was calling to find out when I could expect my car back- they picked it up on 11/15 to fix a minor trim issue that was present at delivery. Car runs fine, but we've been without it for almost a month, or 2 payments worth. Love the car, less pleased with the support. It might be because we're in Colorado, which probably only has 10 vehicles in the entire state, but still....

Back