Issues with my Grand Touring

i’m not exactly sure the point of your videos. Are they being used to demonstrate to service what is wrong? Or just air grievances publicly because you think you’ll get somewhere? Have you contacted customer service and arranged an appointment for them to fix the problems shown?

By definition, lemon as a vehicle that has the same problem over and over despite repeated attempts to fix them. What has been your history?

I noticed in one of your videos you say that the problem is fixed now. Why post that video?

Anyhow, there are many people here on this forum that are happy to help you. Perhaps that’s a better way to go about this.
My point is that Lucid has serious quality control issues; I am raising awareness, hoping that will improve their product. Not all issues have been fixed, even after service, and my number of problems seems excessive. The service was not wrong , was incomplete
Thank you for the page explaining reset procedures, it fixed the distorted audio

My biggest concern is this one(adaptive cruise mode)

Sometimes my car acts normal and slows down, sometimes warns me to brake, sometimes would go straight towards the car in front of me and hit it if I did not intervene

One of the complaints to the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA) about forward collision avoidance states adaptive cruise control does not slow for stopped highway traffic. “The adaptive cruise control will continue to speed at the set speed right into the rear end of stopped vehicles unless the driver disengages the adaptive cruise control.” This is rather scary for any driver since it could easily result in a high-speed rear-end collision. The complaint continues to say, “This needs to be fixed. The vehicle should slow and stop if necessary for stopped traffic.” It also claims that this is not a one-off occurrence. “This occurs all the time with all Lucid vehicles.”

I have an idea, and that would be great for all forums Lucid, Tesla, Twitter, Facebook, etc. -one moderated/censored section and one unfiltered section ( in which only illegal content-like threats with violence, for example, would be removed); people who are more sensitive and only like to hear what they like could go to the first section. First Amendment fans could visit the second section. Any thoughts? Which section would have more visitors?

This forum is great the way it. I have been reigned in a couple times; and frankly I deserved it. Perhaps you could start your own first amendment friendly forum and let it run wild, just like Twitter. 😉

It does “feel” like it’s not gonna stop sometimes, which has made me panic and step on the brakes, but also happened with any previous cars so we should never rely Fully on any of these automated driving aids. Not yet.

This forum is great the way it. I have been reigned in a couple times; and frankly I deserved it. Perhaps you could start your own first amendment friendly forum and let it run wild, just like Twitter. 😉
It is great , it helped me fix the distorted audio , I was panicking.

It is great , it helped me fix the distorted audio , I was panicking.

I panicked about a lot of things in my first weeks of ownership. I am now at relative peace with just about everything about the car.

Thank you for the page explaining reset procedures, it fixed the distorted audio

My biggest concern is this one(adaptive cruise mode)

Sometimes my car acts normal and slows down, sometimes warns me to brake, sometimes would go straight towards the car in front of me and hit it if I did not intervene

One of the complaints to the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA) about forward collision avoidance states adaptive cruise control does not slow for stopped highway traffic. “The adaptive cruise control will continue to speed at the set speed right into the rear end of stopped vehicles unless the driver disengages the adaptive cruise control.” This is rather scary for any driver since it could easily result in a high-speed rear-end collision. The complaint continues to say, “This needs to be fixed. The vehicle should slow and stop if necessary for stopped traffic.” It also claims that this is not a one-off occurrence. “This occurs all the time with all Lucid vehicles.”
This has been discussed before and the adaptive cruise control specifically states it does not slow down for stopped vehicles. It's disclosed and hence operating as expected.

See below from owners manual. Lodging a complaint with the NHTSA is silly if someone just did some due diligence.

Screenshot_20230715_134455_Lucid.jpg

This has been discussed before and the adaptive cruise control specifically states it does not slow down for stopped vehicles. It's disclosed and hence operating as expected.

See below from owners manual. Lodging a complaint with the NHTSA is silly if someone just did some due diligence.

View attachment 13563

In other words...don't use ACC.

In other words...don't use ACC.
No, it's more like know the limitations of the system and work within that. Just like HA, FSD, Blue Cruise, and any other driver assistance system.

No, it's more like know the limitations of the system and work within that. Just like HA, FSD, Blue Cruise, and any other driver assistance system.
So true, but one still should aspire for an optimal system in the name of progress.

So true, but one still should aspire for an optimal system in the name of progress.
You know what hinders progress? Being sued left and right for lack of personal accountability. But I digress, improvements can be made but in the meantime, heed thr warnings!

View attachment 13563
Thank you. Your reply is extremely enlightening. Will it ever be like Tesla FSD , eventually? I paid the 10k for the DreamDrivePro and now I regret it . Does it have all the hardware, and it just needs better software , maybe?

For the life of me , how will a car which is not able to detect stopped vehicles in front of it , be able to do destination to destination , if ACC has system limitations?

Can Dream Drive Pro be added after delivery?
Yes, it's an OTA (over the air) package, meaning it can be installed after purchase.

-What features are included with the standard version of Dream Drive, such as parking assist and lane centering?
DreamDrive
  1. Adaptive Cruise Control w/ Speed Limit Assist
  2. Automatic Emergency Braking
  3. Lane Departure Protection
  4. Front Cross Traffic Protection
  5. Rear Cross Traffic Protection
  6. Traffic Sign Recognition
  7. Traffic Drive-off Alert
Pro will include autonomous features hopefully relating to destination to destination driving.

For the life of me , how will a car which is not able to detect stopped vehicles in front of it , be able to do destination to destination , if ACC has system limitations?

Thank you. Your reply is extremely enlightening. Will it ever be like Tesla FSD , eventually? I paid the 10k for the DreamDrivePro and now I regret it . Does it have all the hardware, and it just needs better software , maybe?

My honest belief is that it CAN be better than FSD because of the extra hardware. Also, I strongly believe Lucid will get there because they have partnered with NVIDIA and can leverage that data. Tesla has a massive head start, but are limited by vision only driver assistance. NVIDIA has the following manufacturers using their system already: Mercedes Benz, Jaguar/Land Rover, Hyundai, Volvo, Lucid, BYD, and Zeeker. It's not IF they will catch up to Tesla, but WHEN and it should be much safer.

The problem that I have is that the ACC in our other cars. Lincoln, Mercedes, DOES slow down for stopped traffic and I am used to that.

The problem that I have is that the ACC in our other cars. Lincoln, Mercedes, DOES slow down for stopped traffic and I am used to that.
I know. We've discussed this before. There are examples of other cars NOT doing that, but that is not your own personal experience, which is what you have come to expect.

I know. We've discussed this before. There are examples of other cars NOT doing that, but that is not your own personal experience, which is what you have come to expect.
So that begs the question, why would Lucid design an ACC that can't deal with stopped traffic like a bunch of other car makers? Design choice? Can't figure out how?

So that begs the question, why would Lucid design an ACC that can't deal with stopped traffic like a bunch of other car makers? Design choice? Can't figure out how?
Nobody knows why. If I were to take a stab at it, I would imagine that they wanted to release the entire suite of Dream Drive capabilities by now… and continue to improve upon the existing capabilities. A lot of circumstances got in the way of that, not the least of which were chip shortages, the pandemic, major stock market drops, the layoffs, etc. I’m not trying to give them an excuse… Just state the reality.

They didn’t set out to make a system that can’t do that. They shipped the system they could in the time they had, and then committed to keep working on it.

They can’t simply say “Others can do this. So abra cadabra- now our system can, too.” They actually have to build that system from scratch. With likely one tenth of the resources of those other companies.

They can’t just call up Mercedes or Lexus and say “Hey, how about you give me that code you wrote for ACC.” They have to write it themselves.

They will get there. In the meantime, they shipped a pretty damn good system within the first year of shipping cars.

How many years had Mercedes been shipping cars when their first cruise control enabled cars shipped?

I’m betting on design choice. HA designed for highway cruising hence will stop the car when traffic slows then stops but requires manual intervention to restart movement. Traffic jam assist designed for slow and stop and go conditions which probably will contain code necessary to detect stopped vehicles and automatically restart movement when traffic moves. HA design specifications probably accounted for TJA being present so didn’t require code to detect stopped traffic. The plan probably was to release HA and TJA together.

Back