Issues with my Grand Touring

I just spent about an hour of my life that I won't ever get back trying to get in touch with Customer Assistance (which, by the way, is the same number on the app as the roadside assistance number..). Got the usual "If you'd like a call back, press 1" which I did- repeatedly- to no avail. Finally, it hung up. I called back, and got a 'we are experiencing problems, please try your call again later...". Sent a text, got a call back in a few minutes, and was told that 'someone would call" to update me. That was hours ago. I hate to think what my mood would be if I were stuck on the side of the road someplace.
As background, I was calling to find out when I could expect my car back- they picked it up on 11/15 to fix a minor trim issue that was present at delivery. Car runs fine, but we've been without it for almost a month, or 2 payments worth. Love the car, less pleased with the support. It might be because we're in Colorado, which probably only has 10 vehicles in the entire state, but still....
Contact your local service center directly.

I just spent about an hour of my life that I won't ever get back trying to get in touch with Customer Assistance (which, by the way, is the same number on the app as the roadside assistance number..). Got the usual "If you'd like a call back, press 1" which I did- repeatedly- to no avail. Finally, it hung up. I called back, and got a 'we are experiencing problems, please try your call again later...". Sent a text, got a call back in a few minutes, and was told that 'someone would call" to update me. That was hours ago. I hate to think what my mood would be if I were stuck on the side of the road someplace.
As background, I was calling to find out when I could expect my car back- they picked it up on 11/15 to fix a minor trim issue that was present at delivery. Car runs fine, but we've been without it for almost a month, or 2 payments worth. Love the car, less pleased with the support. It might be because we're in Colorado, which probably only has 10 vehicles in the entire state, but still....
If your car is in Scottsdale, let me know and I can give you some good contacts at the service center.

Service is being handled out of a body shop someplace- no permanent establishment yet.

It sounds like California's "lemon law" clearly covers your car in this instance, as it's been out of service for more than 30 days for a defect that would be covered under warranty. You'll need to contact CS and be specific about what you want.

@DeaneG - I’m interested if you have actual experience executing a buy back. My Lucid has been in the shop 8 weeks, but the seemingly-senior-service leaders I’ve spoke to have (subtly) indicated that Lucid wasn’t going make the lemon law route easy (kept calling it the “lawyer route.”)

@DeaneG - I’m interested if you have actual experience executing a buy back. My Lucid has been in the shop 8 weeks, but the seemingly-senior-service leaders I’ve spoke to have (subtly) indicated that Lucid wasn’t going make the lemon law route easy (kept calling it the “lawyer route.”)
I have not. I was echoing other users' experiences gleaned from a forum for our other EV, a Volvo XC40, which as a model has had significant and repeated issues during its first year of production, some of which our car had as well.

By way of an update, It have now been over six weeks that my Lucid GT has been on the shop. Management told me a week ago that they will let me know within 24 hours if they will offer a buyback. It’s been a week and still no word. I have owned many luxury vehicles. Mechanical failures will happen. In this case, the total failure of the Lucid service team and management to be responsive to my questions and requests is the bigger problem. A Lemmon Law case has been filed. It is a shame that customers of a high end brand are required to jump through that hoop.

Here is a really good Lemon Law firm in California: (858) 348-1005. (Rosner, Barry & Babbitt, LLP)

@Craigchi i am sorry you have has this extensive problem with your Lucid and I hope they make it right. Please update us on the progress and I hope Lucid restores your faith in the brand.

I'm not sure if it's a matter of availability, but when my tire blew, I did have to call Lucid's Roadside assistance in FL. It took 1-2 hours for them to arrive and was explained to me that they were contracted out by Lucid to basically drive everywhere across the country (he listed the amount Lucid pays them and it's an easy cash burn for Lucid). I'm surprised that you have nothing available Road Side Assistance wise though and can 100% feel your pain on the overall situation. The real test is going to be a lack of communication and availability of a local service center, which on the East Coast has fallen flat. The car is phenomenal... but the service is has been a cringe worth experience for myself and others. Even now, I've been waiting a week on someone to contact me back for some trim issues and the recall... with just crickets (I'm practically having to spam them).

I heard this morning that they will offer a buyback. Haven’t received the paperwork yet but they tell me it’s coming. Lemon Law protections in CA may be stronger than they are in your state???

For my atg delivered 10/14/22, I found 21 discrepencies using this forum's check list. Lucid Seattle Service Center picked it up for repairs 11/08/22. They returned it last Monday after 34 days in their shop. The most irritating discrepency was all the rattles and squeaks. They added felt strips to the rear deck. They're visable through the window and looks tacky. And it still rattles and squeaks. They advised me to come down to their shop (2hr drive one way) to "show how" it rattles and squeaks. So, I just ordered speed bumps to bring because by trial and error driving around town I found they give the best 100% repeatable rattling and at only less than 5mi/hr. So, good for trouble shooting as opposed to drive at 30+ mi/hr trying to hit street bumps. I also bought a decibel meter. However, after more thinking I believe the entire business is getting out of the acceptable.

I'm afraid my agt has loose bits and pieces a little bit everywhere. I'm in WA. I found online that it has one of the best lemon laws in the country. After browsing various web sites I found that one qualifying item is if the car has been in the shop for more than 30 days in a row and for any reason. Does any anyone have experience with this more than 30 days rule and what the process is to go through with it?

Is the rattling only on the rear deck? Seems like a pretty small reason to want to lemon your entire car. The felt strips are noticeable through the rear window, but completely disappeared after I got mine tinted. Are there any other rattles or squeaks when the foam pieces are in place?

I'm not going to lie, I am confused by how many people above are investing into a very new startup company and eager to claim lemon law aspects on it when (if you read through the forum) it's clear that your issues will be addressed.. just not always in a timely manner. The car speaks volumes for itself, but anyone willing to spend this much on a vehicle should absolutely understand what they're getting into. This is no different than early Tesla days (which I was a purchaser into). It's the same problems, same experience and fairly predictable. I would just hold them accountable for growing/addressing things. I'm fairly sure most of us in the forums want them to succeed as they have a fantastic product.

There's literally a plethora of information here on experiences, and lately I've been reading a lot of senseless threads trying to return their vehicle. In the kindest way possible, these comments do not reflect well on the individuals nor does it provide a positive experience in these forums.

If you read through my history, you'll also note that I've gone through my own set of challenges and frustrations with this vehicle. Frankly, I have a feeling that I've hit more snags than most on the forums. I'm sensible enough to understand the state of the company and what I'm investing in though.

Last edited:
I live near Denver Co and will take delivery on 12/28 I thought there was a service center somewhere in the Denver area, am I wrong, where would be the nearest service center to Denver?

I live near Denver Co and will take delivery on 12/28 I thought there was a service center somewhere in the Denver area, am I wrong, where would be the nearest service center to Denver?
The nearest official service center to Denver is Scottsdale, AZ.

Lucid has a local third party they contract to somewhere in the area for service. But I do not have their info just yet. Hoping to not need them.

I've been told by a few Lucid reps a Denver Service Center is planned. But no official word yet, and it's not listed on the web site. Really hoping that comes online in 2023. I think this area will be hot for Lucid (particularly around Boulder, where EVs are everywhere).

Took Tesla until just a few years ago to get a service center near Boulder, too. Which is bonkers to me. I get leases are not cheap here, but given the customer base potential, it's a no brainer.

Man! I am glad that I live in NorCAL close to Lucid service center. I too would not buy a car if a service center is not even in the state I live in. Yes. I don't expect every new car company to have a service center in every state in the US. Fisker plans to partner with Bridgestone/Firestone for service and they have a major service center in SoCAL. That is why I ordered that one too.

Back