My car is offline, and service is very slow

You need to unplug the communication module in the trunk and plug it back in and the problem will get solved. Sometimes during an update the module goes offline and the only way to bring it back online is to disconnect it and plug it back in. Disconnecting the 12v battery terminal might also solve the issue and let it boot normally again.
We need the Chilton or Haynes Repair Manual so we can do this type of work ourselves.

You need to unplug the communication module in the trunk and plug it back in and the problem will get solved. Sometimes during an update the module goes offline and the only way to bring it back online is to disconnect it and plug it back in. Disconnecting the 12v battery terminal might also solve the issue and let it boot normally again.
This is not recommended to be done by owners. Please call service instead.

Hi All:
To give you an example for my BWM, my entertainment system stoped working. I called at 2 pm. They told me to come by at 3 as the reboot had to be done by them. At 4 it was fixed. For bigger problems, they get the car in the next day -- I might wait 2-4 days if I need a loaner, but they will always look at it right away to see if it's simple.

Lucid's are new -- I expect some problems. But not the delays. to make matters worse, the Lucid service rep I talked to knew nothing - he made me feel like he was doing me a favor, getting me an appointment 2 weeks rather than 2 months. Lucid will not sell cars if word gets out that service is this slow. And that affects all current owners.

And today, Carplay crashed on my wife , and she restarted it to no avail. I called service for her and got put on hold; after 30 minutes, I hung up.

To give you an example for my BWM, my entertainment system stoped working. I called at 2 pm. They told me to come by at 3 as the reboot had to be done by them. At 4 it was fixed. For bigger problems, they get the car in the next day -- I might wait 2-4 days if I need a loaner, but they will always look at it right away to see if it's simple.
I agree that’s an example of exceptional service.

Lucid's are new -- I expect some problems. But not the delays. to make matters worse, the Lucid service rep I talked to knew nothing - he made me feel like he was doing me a favor, getting me an appointment 2 weeks rather than 2 months. Lucid will not sell cars if word gets out that service is this slow. And that affects all current owners.
That is not the experience that I (and many others) have had, and I’m really sorry you had to deal with that. Certainly, not every experience is going to be perfect, and there will be growing pains, but most experiences with services are pretty exceptional, all things considered. They tend to bend over backwards, on average.

That didn’t happen in this case, obviously. Which service center?

And today, Carplay crashed on my wife , and she restarted it to no avail. I called service for her and got put on hold; after 30 minutes, I hung up.
Crashed how? How did she restart it?

My usual trick (in the 1x/every couple weeks this happens now) is just to turn Bluetooth on and off in the car, and turn airplane mode on and off on the phone. 99% of the time that fixes it after a minute or so. If it doesn’t, a logo reset has fixed it 100% of the time (literally, without exception) for me thus far.

Sorry you got put on hold. Sounds like your service and CS experiences are outside the norm, but nevertheless not good.

Back