My car is offline, and service is very slow

andrew61

Verified Owner
Cars
BMW M4, Audi S4, Alfa 73
Hi All: My car is offline. It runs fine, carplay is functioning, but the mobile app is not connected, and Lucid service can tell the car is offline. This is not a short-term service issue -- it's been 6 days. The car/phone has been fully disconnected and re-established. I've logged out and back in, and I rebooted the car to no avail. It took 4 calls to service to get this far.

Lucid tells me they need the car in the shop. They started by offering mid-March! After a little discussion, they got me on Feb 8th with no promise of when they will look at it and no loaner (I can get a loan if I wait till March 8th). Fortunately, I still have my old BMW M4.

The delayed service is deeply disappointing. My wife and I are concerned as we rely on our cars and need to sell the M4. We love driving the Lucid, but we rely on it too.

I got the feeling from service that I should be grateful they can see it on Feb 8th -- He even said they have lots of cars that are dead and it takes longer to get to them.

Are any similar experiences?

Hi All: My car is offline. It runs fine, carplay is functioning, but the mobile app is not connected, and Lucid service can tell the car is offline. This is not a short-term service issue -- it's been 6 days. The car/phone has been fully disconnected and re-established. I've logged out and back in, and I rebooted the car to no avail. It took 4 calls to service to get this far.

Lucid tells me they need the car in the shop. They started by offering mid-March! After a little discussion, they got me on Feb 8th with no promise of when they will look at it and no loaner (I can get a loan if I wait till March 8th). Fortunately, I still have my old BMW M4.

The delayed service is deeply disappointing. My wife and I are concerned as we rely on our cars and need to sell the M4. We love driving the Lucid, but we rely on it too.

I got the feeling from service that I should be grateful they can see it on Feb 8th -- He even said they have lots of cars that are dead and it takes longer to get to them.

This totally sucks, but since the car runs fine, id personally wait until a loaner is available and just get that scheduled. I have an issue with my car that still lets me enjoy it and drive and have scheduled a service for March so I could have a loaner available.

Fortunately, I have not sold my old BMW M4 -- I'm happy with that if it gets me in 6 weeks earlier. We're also getting about 30% of the mileage we're supposed to, though I'm hopeful that will improve. Lucid told me that's normal for the first few months and a few thousand miles.

I love the car. And I don't expect perfection from Lucid - I get it, it's a start-up. I'm tolerant, even expected of problems. But \ service was pretty clear: even people with dead cars wait this long!! Underfunding services is a sure way to lose business, mine included. I really hope this gets fixed!!!!!!

Just to be sure, have you tried connecting to WiFi from the pilot panel in Settings, Connectivity? Maybe only the cell connectivity is not working?

I set up wifi a while back. I’ll check to see if it’s running/connected. Are the wifi and cell connections separate, like on an iPad?

I set up wifi a while back. I’ll check to see if it’s running/connected. Are the wifi and cell connections separate, like on an iPad?
Yup, the infotainment system isn't far off from an Android tablet in general. If you can get on WiFi, at least customer care might be able to get some diagnostics remotely.

I'd think service could tell. if its not responding to cell and/or wifi from their records. But they just told me to bring it is -- that they could not diagnose remorly .Seems strange?

They should be able to get you into an Enterprise loaner

good point, However, I'd rather drive my m4 than an enterprise car, at least while i have it.

I'd think service could tell. if its not responding to cell and/or wifi from their records. But they just told me to bring it is -- that they could not diagnose remorly .Seems strange?
Probably? Just hoping here really. The fact that it hasn't worked for days isn't promising, since I'm assuming some of that time you've been trying it at home where it should be connecting to your WiFi anyway. Still worth taking a look though.

This totally sucks, but since the car runs fine, id personally wait until a loaner is available and just get that scheduled. I have an issue with my car that still lets me enjoy it and drive and have scheduled a service for March so I could have a loaner available.
To me, this is totally unacceptable for a luxury mark. I can understand delays in appointments but they should accept the car and provide you with a loaner immediately. If they are out of loaners, they should contract with a car rental company to get more cars that they can provide as loaners (that is what my BMW dealership did during the pandemic to ensure that it always had loaners available). This is more Yugo like than luxury car like.

IMO the Lucid is a better car than the Taycan/Audi -E-Tron GT, MB EQS or BMW I5/I7. But I know that I won't have a problem getting a loaner from Porsche, Audi. MB or BMW. If Lucid is going to compete with these marks, it needs to get its act together.

To me, this is totally unacceptable for a luxury mark. I can understand delays in appointments but they should accept the car and provide you with a loaner immediately. If they are out of loaners, they should contract with a car rental company to get more cars that they can provide as loaners (that is what my BMW dealership did during the pandemic to ensure that it always had loaners available). This is more Yugo like than luxury car like.

IMO the Lucid is a better car than the Taycan/Audi -E-Tron GT, MB EQS or BMW I5/I7. But I know that I won't have a problem getting a loaner from Porsche, Audi. MB or BMW. If Lucid is going to compete with these marks, it needs to get its act together.
They do provide loaners. I got a new EQE through Enterprise. OP just needs to ask.

Thanks, everyone -- I did not push hard because I still have my M4 and I was more focused on getting my Lucid fixed ASAP. Lucid service and support have been underwhelming, to say the least. Thankfully, the car runs well.

I agree with hydbob, the car is running well, just hold on to it for the first available loaner date.

You need to unplug the communication module in the trunk and plug it back in and the problem will get solved. Sometimes during an update the module goes offline and the only way to bring it back online is to disconnect it and plug it back in. Disconnecting the 12v battery terminal might also solve the issue and let it boot normally again.

They cant diagnose it remotely because the communication module is the issue. A five minute mobile service visit will get you back online most likely after they disconnect the module and plug it back in. That is all it took when mine experienced the issue.

Thanks, everyone -- I did not push hard because I still have my M4 and I was more focused on getting my Lucid fixed ASAP. Lucid service and support have been underwhelming, to say the least. Thankfully, the car runs well.
I have my ICE SUV, so I never ask for a loaner to allow those who don’t have a 2nd car to take it. I just use their LYFT option.

Back