Service centers in NY!

pyle112

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid touring
Apologies in advance for the rant.

Ordered a set of crossbars and based on reports on this forum called to ask for service to have them installed in order to avoid screwing it up. Service told me that they won't do a mobile service call "because risks to the paint." The center is over an hour drive away, in the middle of no where! Is it me or isn't this one of those things that mobile repair should be able to handle? And don't get me started on the hours! They said they are open as early as 8am "but don't show up then, come around 10am." C'mon Plainview!

I will probably do it myself, and I know I shouldn't complain about the 2 hr round trip since some people on here drive hours and hours for service or have their car shipped, but it sure is a pain to take a day off from work to service this car for roof bars. Other brands like Volvo outer Mercedes literally come pick up my my vehicle for service or the service centers are close to home or work.

If anyone has any tips to avoid screwing up the install please let me know if anyone has had experience. Instructions seem pretty straight forward.

Quick update on additional disappointments:
1) over 3 months later still have not recovered my 2nd key fob
2) had a mishap with a pothole that damaged the rim. Initially service center suggested they could mount a tire on a replacement wheel and send a technician out to swap. They them called back and said they don't have enough technicians to dedicate to do that kind of service call and suggested towing the car an hour to the center. Asked to just price me out a wheel and send it to my house where I have already got a mobile service to put it in. Still haven't heard from them on buying the wheel.

Quick update on additional disappointments:
1) over 3 months later still have not recovered my 2nd key fob
2) had a mishap with a pothole that damaged the rim. Initially service center suggested they could mount a tire on a replacement wheel and send a technician out to swap. They them called back and said they don't have enough technicians to dedicate to do that kind of service call and suggested towing the car an hour to the center. Asked to just price me out a wheel and send it to my house where I have already got a mobile service to put it in. Still haven't heard from them on buying the wheel.
What do you mean haven't recovered your 2nd key fob?

What do you mean haven't recovered your 2nd key fob?
*Received
Apologies... Angry autocorrect.

Anyone know if this is the OEM wheel part for a 2023 towing? Main service center doesn't know part numbers and I'm being told the ny service center is either closed or not responding.

*Received
Apologies... Angry autocorrect.

Anyone know if this is the OEM wheel part for a 2023 towing? Main service center doesn't know part numbers and I'm being told the ny service center is either closed or not responding.

Quick update. This rim while it will fit the 2023, the spec is different and the hubcap doesn't snap into place properly.

Back