Car pulling hard on right, randomly

andrew61

Verified Owner
Cars
BMW M4, Audi S4, Alfa 73
Hi all:
Today my wife was driving the car, and it tried hard to pull to the right off the freeway -- it did this several times. She resisted it. It pulled to the right several times separated by minutes, so seperate events. This happened to me, but it was momentary while I was on a windy, narrow road, so I chalked it up to issues with the road. But on the freeway with my wife? I talked to service, and they suggest we turn off DreamDrive until its service date on Feb 8th. The service guys are really good, but there is only so much they can do.

Has anyone experienced this? We're having a lot of problems with a car that is one day shy of a month old.

Hey - don’t let your wife drive the car. It seems whenever she takes the car Lucid doesn’t like it 🤪. May be needs aligning ? Not sure

It's not my wife, but she might just be the gremlin that caused it :). I had it happen, too.

An alignment issue would be a consistent pull to one side or vibration possibly. However, this issue is intermittent. like the car wants to turn to the right, out of the way of another car.

Hi all:
Today my wife was driving the car, and it tried hard to pull to the right off the freeway -- it did this several times. She resisted it. It pulled to the right several times separated by minutes, so seperate events. This happened to me, but it was momentary while I was on a windy, narrow road, so I chalked it up to issues with the road. But on the freeway with my wife? I talked to service, and they suggest we turn off DreamDrive until its service date on Feb 8th. The service guys are really good, but there is only so much they can do.

Has anyone experienced this? We're having a lot of problems with a car that is one day shy of a month old.
Holy crap, your car is having a LOT of issues! Hope Lucid can makes things right for you, but maybe the car is just acting up because you left it for adoption to your wife 🤣

Is this when Highway Assist is on or off? Lane Departure Protection on or off?

Is this when Highway Assist is on or off? Lane Departure Protection on or off?
It’s happened to me with it on. I leave it off because of this. Luci tugs at the steering wheel and I’m like, “Hey, I’m in charge” 🤭
But a little spooked the first couple times. Lane Departure will likely not be used much by me.

If your lane departure protection is set to on position, the are will attempt to correct itself and can be annoying.

I just use the "haptic" warning feature with Lane Departure; the attempts at correction were very annoying given the narrow roads where I live.

Sounds a lot like the lane departure is on or highway assist is on ( less likely) . I have left lane departure off in my car, but a couple times, it reactivated without me prompting it and I had to turn it back off. If it’s not one of these issues, I am not sure what could be causing that?

Things will get better. It’s a bit of a challenge and some cars run into issues. I have been very fortunate to not encounter any significant issues in my 17 months of ownership, but others have had some tough luck.

I just turned lane departure off. How do I turn highway assist off? I did not see that on the dream drive screens.

Thanks again!

I just turned lane departure off. How do I turn highway assist off? I did not see that on the dream drive screens.

Thanks again!

If you had lane departure on, that is most likely the root of your problem. Highway assist does not automatically engage , you have to activate it in dream drive. If it’s engaged, it will indicate so on the glass cockpit. So if you or your wife did not purposely activate highway assist , that should not be the issue.

Thanks again!

A few weeks ago lane departure decidedly to come on by itself and kind of freaked me out because I wasn’t expecting it. I just turned it back off and have not had any involuntary car movements since.

The car can get a little confused when driving in the right lane past freeway exits, or in the left lane of surface streets when a left turn lane opens up.

The car can get a little confused when driving in the right lane past freeway exits, or in the left lane of surface streets when a left turn lane opens up.
Yes. All my recent cars when running in adaptive cruise control have tended to pull to the right if the car is in a right lane and there is a right exit coming up.

Thanks again!
Highway assist isn’t the culprit. Turn lane departure to “warning only” or off and it will solve your problem

Yup like everyone else is saying lane departure protection will tug the wheel on its own. That’s definitely the cause of your issue. Glad to say problem solved!

A few weeks ago lane departure decidedly to come on by itself and kind of freaked me out because I wasn’t expecting it. I just turned it back off and have not had any involuntary car movements since.
This is an issue that's been mentioned by a few forum users, including myself. The work around until a fix is pushed through is to leave it enabled, but set it to "Warning". I'm bringing mine into service next week with this as one of the line items. I have a handful of videos to show them of LDP misbehaving in hopes of them helping with the diagnosis.

Lane departure is off. Any theories as to why lane departure pulls right? I thought lane departure was supposed to keep you in the lane, not pull you out of the lane, but I've never had it, so I've never used it before.

Thanks, all!

Lane departure is off. Any theories as to why lane departure pulls right? I thought lane departure was supposed to keep you in the lane, not pull you out of the lane, but I've never had it, so I've never used it before.

Thanks, all!
Because it THINKS you’re not in the lane. For example if you’re driving through a merge where the lines disappear, the car doesn’t know where you’re supposed to go so it will tug to the right where it sees the edge line

Back