hmp10

Founding Member
Verified Owner
Cars
Model S Plaid, Odyssey
DE Number
Referral Code
033M4EXG
When I was drying the Air at the carwash this morning, an older gentleman pulled up next to me in an Audi A5 cabriolet. He was full of questions about the car but, as has happened before, seemed oddly focused on the Zenith Red color. However, he also wanted to look in the trunk, frunk, and interior. He then told me he had bought Lucid stock early on but had divested since, and this was the first Lucid he had ever seen in the flesh. He thought everything about the car was stunning.

I finished drying the car and drove off, at which point a series of warnings began to flash: Rear Brake Light Malfunction / Call Customer Service; Front Hood Not Locked; Drive Power Reduced / Car is Drivable but at Reduced Speed; Parking Features Disabled. So I pulled into a parking lot across from the carwash to call Lucid, who instructed me to do the Air logo reset (which worked). Just as I was finishing this, two middle-aged guys pulled up in a Toyota Camry and asked me if the car was a Rolls Royce. I told them what it was, and along came another paean to the beauty of the color, followed by a string of questions about the car. They said they had seen it in the carwash lot and followed me over to ask about it.

I did not tell them the reason I had stopped at Goodwill in my "Rolls Royce", and they were kind enough not to ask.

When I was drying the Air at the carwash this morning, an older gentleman pulled up next to me in an Audi A5 cabriolet. He was full of questions about the car but, as has happened before, seemed oddly focused on the Zenith Red color. However, he also wanted to look in the trunk, frunk, and interior. He then told me he had bought Lucid stock early on but had divested since, and this was the first Lucid he had ever seen in the flesh. He thought everything about the car was stunning.

I finished drying the car and drove off, at which point a series of warnings began to flash: Rear Brake Light Malfunction / Call Customer Service; Front Hood Not Locked; Drive Power Reduced / Car is Drivable but at Reduced Speed; Parking Features Disabled. So I pulled into a parking lot across from the carwash to call Lucid, who instructed me to do the Air logo reset (which worked). Just as I was finishing this, two middle-aged guys pulled up in a Toyota Camry and asked me if the car was a Rolls Royce. I told them what it was, and along came another paean to the beauty of the color, followed by a string of questions about the car. They said they had seen it in the carwash lot and followed me over to ask about it.

I did not tell them the reason I had stopped at Goodwill in my "Rolls Royce", and they were kind enough not to ask.
That happened to me once on a fresh delivery off a tow truck, post-service. The car was still wet from being washed in a couple spots (minor, not visible unless you’re walking around inspecting) and it threw a bunch of errors. I immediately called Millbrae with a “wtf” and they asked me to reset. I did, no issues since.

They mentioned it happens rarely after washing, and they hadn’t yet figured out why, but that it wasn’t a long-term issue and they’ve never seen it recur in any other scenario.

I have no idea how right that is, as this was at least a year ago.

Back