Car pulling hard on right, randomly

Because it THINKS you’re not in the lane. For example if you’re driving through a merge where the lines disappear, the car doesn’t know where you’re supposed to go so it will tug to the right where it sees the edge line
Agreed. There are other times when the LDP will trigger on cracks in the pavement or changes in the surface finish. And the direction it "senses" the lane departure in those cases has no rhyme or reason. You'll get a sense of this as you drive around with the LDP warning enabled.

If the LDP feature would just stay disabled, I wouldn't care. I turn off most of the nanny interventions because I try to be an attentive driver. Setting it to warning only is tolerable, but you might get annoyed with how often it falsely triggers.

Lane departure is off. Any theories as to why lane departure pulls right? I thought lane departure was supposed to keep you in the lane, not pull you out of the lane, but I've never had it, so I've never used it before.

Thanks, all!
Verify that it's actually off. If it is, there should be a warning icon on the dashboard:

IMG_7265.jpeg

Lane departure is off. Any theories as to why lane departure pulls right? I thought lane departure was supposed to keep you in the lane, not pull you out of the lane, but I've never had it, so I've never used it before.

Thanks, all!
It was probably following the edge line for an exit from the highway. If you have turned it off, you shouldn't be bothered by this again. But may I suggest setting it to warning only, so you can get an idea of when it thinks you are going off course. Also, for some reason, sometimes it "resets itself" back on randomly and it seems to do this less frequently with the warning only setting.

Back