Issues with Scheduled Charging, Audio, and Suspension Noise

thervckus

Cars
2023 Air Touring
I posted earlier about suspension issues and terrible King of Prussia customer service. Their manager has since contacted me to help resolve the situation.

But now, multiple new issues are arising.

1. My car still will not charge on schedule. I have a Lucid charger, excellent WiFi network and Bluetooth, location services always on, etc, I sleep close to the vehicle, I ensure the schedule is on when I exit the vehicle. But each day this week the battery won’t start the charge on schedule. Why?? There is no rhyme or reason.

2. So now I want to start a charge session. The app (iPhone) refuses to connect to the car. It just keeps timing out. I just want a charged battery and warm seats every morning. Is that too much to ask?

3. Still having suspension issues. I originally said I was hearing things in the front and back of the car, and they only fixed the front of the car (some nut wasn’t tightened to spec).

4. No sound this morning. With the fancy audio system and all. The panel shows music playing but nothing comes out. Not the radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, CarPlay, Spotify. Tried to reset the panel and that didn’t work. Tried leaving the vehicle and coming back in. That didn’t work either. Audio worked fine yesterday evening.

I know this is a new company and new cars, but I was expecting a lot more. Tell me this is isolated? Anyone have a fix for these?

I tried calling customer service this morning, and it kept on saying nobody was available and to please send an e-mail for follow up? This is the 24/7 customer line telling me to write an email about a busted car? I had to call literally 12 times before a person picked up.

I’m starting to lose my patience. Sorry for the rant, but I’m not having a very Lucid morning.

I posted earlier about suspension issues and terrible King of Prussia customer service. Their manager has since contacted me to help resolve the situation.

1. My car still will not charge on schedule. I have a Lucid charger, excellent WiFi network and Bluetooth, location services always on, etc, I sleep close to the vehicle, I ensure the schedule is on when I exit the vehicle. But each day this week the battery won’t start the charge on schedule. Why?? There is no rhyme or reason.

2. So now I want to start a charge session. The app (iPhone) refuses to connect to the car. It just keeps timing out. I just want a charged battery and warm seats every morning. Is that too much to ask?

3. Still having suspension issues. I originally said I was hearing things in the front and back of the car, and they only fixed the front of the car (some nut wasn’t tightened to spec).

4. No sound this morning. With the fancy audio system and all. The panel shows music playing but nothing comes out. Not the radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, CarPlay, Spotify. Tried to reset the panel and that didn’t work. Tried leaving the vehicle and coming back in. That didn’t work either. Audio worked fine yesterday evening.

I know this is a new company and new cars, but I was expecting a lot more. Tell me this is isolated? Anyone have a fix for these?

I tried calling customer service this morning, and it kept on saying nobody was available and to please send an e-mail for follow up? This is the 24/7 customer line telling me to write an email about a busted car? I had to call literally 12 times before a person picked up.

I’m starting to lose my patience. Sorry for the rant, but I’m not having a very Lucid morning.
I'm very sorry to hear you're having these frustrating issues. I'll try to give you my recommendations, and I'm sure others will also chime in.

1. I don't have experience with the Lucid charger specifically, but I would make sure scheduling is disabled in the charger's settings and only active in the car. This seems to have the most success with other home chargers.
2. I'm not an iPhone user, but I would suggest repairing the phone with the car to see if that helps, if you haven't already.
3. Keep pressing Customer Care until this is fixed to your satisfaction. While there may be the occasional miss, Lucid as a whole really cares about customer satisfaction. Text and email does seem to be the best way to get a response, especially for non-emergency issues.
4. Try an Air logo reset. Sometimes just letting the car shut off and sleep doesn't fix infotainment system issues. Go to Settings, About, and then press and hold the Air logo for 15 seconds. The infotainment system should shut down and restart.

Hopefully this was somewhat helpful. There are some incredibly knowledgeable and helpful people here and at Lucid, so try and stay patient so they have the chance to help. Once you can get past some of the initial teething issues it truly is an exceptional car.

Does your app not wake the car at all anymore?

Check your schedule charging. Is it geofenced? I'd say check the app after you plug in. Does the car say charging scheduled or cable connected?

I'm very sorry to hear you're having these frustrating issues. I'll try to give you my recommendations, and I'm sure others will also chime in.

1. I don't have experience with the Lucid charger specifically, but I would make sure scheduling is disabled in the charger's settings and only active in the car. This seems to have the most success with other home chargers.
2. I'm not an iPhone user, but I would suggest repairing the phone with the car to see if that helps, if you haven't already.
3. Keep pressing Customer Care until this is fixed to your satisfaction. While there may be the occasional miss, Lucid as a whole really cares about customer satisfaction. Text and email does seem to be the best way to get a response, especially for non-emergency issues.
4. Try an Air logo reset. Sometimes just letting the car shut off and sleep doesn't fix infotainment system issues. Go to Settings, About, and then press and hold the Air logo for 15 seconds. The infotainment system should shut down and restart.

Hopefully this was somewhat helpful. There are some incredibly knowledgeable and helpful people here and at Lucid, so try and stay patient so they have the chance to help. Once you can get past some of the initial teething issues it truly is an exceptional car.
Thanks for your response. I still can’t reliably access my Lucid charger on my network. I’ve tried multiple times and even changing my network address to address the bug but still no luck. The issue with charging is that some days it works perfectly fine. Other days it is like I never set the schedule.

I’ve tried the Air logo reset multiple times but still no luck on actually making it reset. Perhaps I’m doing it wrong. But the sound issue didn’t resolve after pulling over, leaving the car for a couple minutes, and returning.

I will re-pair the phone next, but I still don’t understand why I can’t connect at certain times of the day. After this morning when I parked at work, I tried to connect to the car and it was fine.

Thanks for the tips though. I’ll re-pair, and retry the Air logo reset. I completely give up on the home charger.

Does your app not wake the car at all anymore?

Check your schedule charging. Is it geofenced? I'd say check the app after you plug in. Does the car say charging scheduled or cable connected?
It always says cable connected and scheduled charging in the charging screen when I park. I’ve made the habit of leaving and locking the car with the charging screen tab active instead of the main menu or other tab. But still it’s unreliable.

App wake-up is incredibly unreliable. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t work at all. Sometimes it works at home. Sometimes it works from my job. Sometimes nothing works. I just wish it was consistently broken instead of a roll of dice each day.

It always says cable connected and scheduled charging in the charging screen when I park. I’ve made the habit of leaving and locking the car with the charging screen tab active instead of the main menu or other tab. But still it’s unreliable.

App wake-up is incredibly unreliable. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t work at all. Sometimes it works at home. Sometimes it works from my job. Sometimes nothing works. I just wish it was consistently broken instead of a roll of dice each day.
If the app says cable connected rather than charging scheduled, then the car will not charge. The app should say charging scheduled.

I don't have a lucid charger. However, my scheduled charging, while it used to work perfectly, is now having issues. It will regularly start charging in the evenings when it's not supposed to start to charge until 1 AM. IDK why

I am also having issues with the app not being able to wake the car sometimes after multiple app closures and restarts. I even got the "vehicle offline" message yesterday when I was standing right next to it. This was an infrequent problem before but is now happening at least daily.

Weird stuff going on. It makes me wonder if one of the recent OTA's had some unintended results/consequences. If anyone else if having new issues like this, please report them so that they can be addressed/fixed in a future OTA.

Thanks for sharing, @thervckus. I just sent you a direct message.

Air logo reset must be done in park. Hold down the Air logo until the screen starts to go black and it says something like "shutting down". After a minute or two, thr system is rebooted and the sound should be back to normal.

Back