Scheduled charging unreliable

pyle112

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid touring
It seems like the scheduled charging is hit or miss. I make sure to keep the app open since it seems like the scheduled works through the app to wake the car (which is weird to begin with). But it doesn't seem to consistently work. I'll wake up in the middle of the night to check on it and only when I tap the so does it wake up (I have an android and I make sure the app is aleays on and not battery managed-and let's not discuss why I don't use an iPhone... Yes Android users can afford a lucid too)

It seems like the scheduled charging is hit or miss. I make sure to keep the app open since it seems like the scheduled works through the app to wake the car (which is weird to begin with). But it doesn't seem to consistently work. I'll wake up in the middle of the night to check on it and only when I tap the so does it wake up (I have an android and I make sure the app is aleays on and not battery managed-and let's not discuss why I don't use an iPhone... Yes Android users can afford a lucid too)
Plug in. And then check your app and the charging tab. When the car wakes up it should schedule the charge.

The scheduled charging works through the car, not the app. Do you have a schedule set on your charger? If so, turn that off. From your description, it seems that there is no power from the charger when the car is plugged so the car goes to sleep and does not schedule charging. When you open the app the car wakes up and senses power at the charger and starts charging. As @hydbob says, after plugging in the app should show the charging scheduled message.

What kind of home charging station are you using?

Here's the symptoms:
1) using a juicebox 40 with scheduling enabled. I need to have scheduling enabled because some days it charges the lucid some days the Volvo and the Volvo doesn't have scheduling. I have a separate time of use meter for the charger
2) the scheduling definitely goes through the app, even though it's scheduled through the vehicle it's the app that wakes up the car, which is so weird, but others have had the same concerns
3) I did notice today my app setting to keep open was not on... Might have reset with a recent restart of my phone

Hopefully in a future update the engineers and programs will figure out how to make this work seamlessly. It seems simple that when plugged in the car should be ready to charge, but I understand this is a complicated charging system and there's a lot of optimization for energy efficient charging and car sleep.

Here's the symptoms:
1) using a juicebox 40 with scheduling enabled. I need to have scheduling enabled because some days it charges the lucid some days the Volvo and the Volvo doesn't have scheduling. I have a separate time of use meter for the charger
2) the scheduling definitely goes through the app, even though it's scheduled through the vehicle it's the app that wakes up the car, which is so weird, but others have had the same concerns
3) I did notice today my app setting to keep open was not on... Might have reset with a recent restart of my phone

Hopefully in a future update the engineers and programs will figure out how to make this work seamlessly. It seems simple that when plugged in the car should be ready to charge, but I understand this is a complicated charging system and there's a lot of optimization for energy efficient charging and car sleep.
Ahh that's the issue, for scheduled charging to work in the Lucid, you need to turn it off on the Juice box.

Ahh that's the issue, for scheduled charging to work in the Lucid, you need to turn it off on the Juice box.
Well it works, but only sometimes. If I shutoff scheduled charging on the juicebox, the lucid still doesn't reliably wake itself.

Also remember that for scheduled charging to work properly, you need to plug in within no more than 12 hours of your desired start time. If you plug in say 13 hours before you start time charging will begin immediately.

Also remember that for scheduled charging to work properly, you need to plug in within no more than 12 hours of your desired start time. If you plug in say 13 hours before you start time charging will begin immediately.
Really?! The delivery advisor didn't mention that. They also had no clue about the app waking the car up and why we couldn't get scheduled charging to work- but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since most people don't use time of use (probably biggest deciding factor for me at 2 cents per kw)

Really?! The delivery advisor didn't mention that. They also had no clue about the app waking the car up and why we couldn't get scheduled charging to work- but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since most people don't use time of use (probably biggest deciding factor for me at 2 cents per kw)
yes. The scheduled charging for the Lucid, IMHO, is a mess. Not sure why it is so bad. At least we finally have it, as it wasn’t an option on the first iterations of software, but what we have is sub-optimal. I can plug in my car. Sometimes it will schedule the charge. Other times, it is just cable connected and no scheduled charging. I can’t program it to turn on and off during the off-peak. It is on a 12 hour on or off. And if you plug it in one minute before the 12 out on period is done, it will start a charge and charge non-stop until the charging limit is reached.

My cheap Nissan Leaf has two charging schedules. I can set one for weekdays and one for weekends. It will turn on when the period starts and turn off when the period ends. I can tell it to override the time to make sure I can get a full charge. It is just software. Again, not sure why the Lucid software is so primitive.

yes. The scheduled charging for the Lucid, IMHO, is a mess. Not sure why it is so bad. At least we finally have it, as it wasn’t an option on the first iterations of software, but what we have is sub-optimal. I can plug in my car. Sometimes it will schedule the charge. Other times, it is just cable connected and no scheduled charging. I can’t program it to turn on and off during the off-peak. It is on a 12 hour on or off. And if you plug it in one minute before the 12 out on period is done, it will start a charge and charge non-stop until the charging limit is reached.

My cheap Nissan Leaf has two charging schedules. I can set one for weekdays and one for weekends. It will turn on when the period starts and turn off when the period ends. I can tell it to override the time to make sure I can get a full charge. It is just software. Again, not sure why the Lucid software is so primitive.
I've had no problems with it at all after turning off the scheduling on the Juicebox. Actually the Juicebox charger is no longer on wi-fi, so that effectively turns off it's scheduled charging ability. But, I usually plug it in sometime between 7pm and 11pm anyway, because I'm driving it during the day. It starts charging at midnight and is usually by the time I wake up. It's been flawless.

Could a fix for the 12 hour rule be to set your charge point at a point or two above where the battery charge is and plug-in for the small charge, then some time later initiate a scheduled charge to say 80% within the the 12 hour rule via the Lucid app?

Actually the Juicebox charger is no longer on wi-fi,
So yours got nerfed too by their app 'update?' makes my wife's life difficult with the XC90, which doesn't have scheduled charging. We lose 'connection' with the Juicebox every couple of days it seems.

So yours got nerfed too by their app 'update?' makes my wife's life difficult with the XC90, which doesn't have scheduled charging. We lose 'connection' with the Juicebox every couple of days it seems.
My fault on that one. We upgraded our router, so it got disconnected. But it's such a pain to reconnect because we don't have easy access to it. So I didn't even bother with it. I'm only charging the Lucid.

My fault on that one. We upgraded our router, so it got disconnected. But it's such a pain to reconnect because we don't have easy access to it. So I didn't even bother with it. I'm only charging the Lucid.
I put a WiFi extender in the garage a couple years ago. My Juicebox has not lost its connection since.

I put a WiFi extender in the garage a couple years ago. My Juicebox has not lost its connection since.
Yeah, I dropped one of the mini unifi routers in my garage (I found an Ethernet cable, tested it, crimped it, and discovered yay gigabit) and haven’t had issues with my Wallbox since.

Could a fix for the 12 hour rule be to set your charge point at a point or two above where the battery charge is and plug-in for the small charge, then some time later initiate a scheduled charge to say 80% within the the 12 hour rule via the Lucid app?
Yes, and I do. I will calculate how fast it will charge and how many kW it would add by the time I want it to turn off. Then set the charge limit to that….. But the point is that I should not have to do that. It should just turn off.

Same issue here- unclear why now that I have a lucid plugged in that my juicebox routinely loses connection. I also have the xc90 and the wonky lucid scheduling is a major issue.

I left it plugged in this week while I went away and it never started charging, thinks it's connected but the juicebox doesn't think anything is connected. Since I'm not around to replug it in, occasionally the app sends me an error that the cable errored- I'll see more when I get back.

Quick update on the juicebox. If you temporarily disable scheduled charging and plug the car in with scheduling enabled on the lucid, you then enable scheduled charging on the juicebox app, the lucid then enables scheduled charging and you will be able to charge in the juicebox set window. Let me know if that makes sense. Lol
Example
1) scheduled charging disabled in juicebox app (normally set to start at 12am in my tou)
2) scheduled charging set for 1205am on the lucid
3) plug in charger, lucid indicates cable plugged
4) toggle to enable scheduled charging on juicebox
5) only then does lucid indicate that charging scheduled and it then charges at the designated time

Quick update on the juicebox. If you temporarily disable scheduled charging and plug the car in with scheduling enabled on the lucid, you then enable scheduled charging on the juicebox app, the lucid then enables scheduled charging and you will be able to charge in the juicebox set window. Let me know if that makes sense. Lol
Example
1) scheduled charging disabled in juicebox app (normally set to start at 12am in my tou)
2) scheduled charging set for 1205am on the lucid
3) plug in charger, lucid indicates cable plugged
4) toggle to enable scheduled charging on juicebox
5) only then does lucid indicate that charging scheduled and it then charges at the designated time
Makes sense since Lucid needs to see that the car is plugged into an active charger to initiate scheduled charging. What your doing allows Lucid to see this and schedule charging and then charging starts at the scheduled time.

Back