Scheduled charging unreliable

Makes sense since Lucid needs to see that the car is plugged into an active charger to initiate scheduled charging. What your doing allows Lucid to see this and schedule charging and then charging starts at the scheduled time.
Importantly this will allow TOU users to have charging stop at the designated time (which lucid software currently does not allow)

Ok... Last night's charging was strange, it must have stopped and started charging over a dozen times. That can't be good for the battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240104_093251_Enel X Way.jpg
    Screenshot_20240104_093251_Enel X Way.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 37
Ok... Last night's charging was strange, it must have stopped and started charging over a dozen times. That can't be good for the battery.
Were you waking up the car after it reached the charge limit? Could be either through the app or by coming near it with a fob or mobile key? Each time the cars wakes up it will charge back up to the limit if it is in the scheduled charging window.

Were you waking up the car after it reached the charge limit? Could be either through the app or by coming near it with a fob or mobile key? Each time the cars wakes up it will charge back up to the limit if it is in the scheduled charging window.
I don't have proximity wake up enabled, I prefer to physically unlock the car by pressing the handle or using the fob. This is the first time this has happened, I've been able to charge the car for a consistent period recently in scheduled charging mode. I will note I was at 85% with a 100% limit and was testing scheduled charging.

I don't have proximity wake up enabled, I prefer to physically unlock the car by pressing the handle or using the fob. This is the first time this has happened, I've been able to charge the car for a consistent period recently in scheduled charging mode. I will note I was at 85% with a 100% limit and was testing scheduled charging.
That is very odd. I have not seen that before.

Could be the BMS rebalancing the battery - don't know.

I've let service know- charging has been one of the items from delivery that they were planning to review anyway. Will keep everyone updated if it's anything interesting.

Were you opening the app to check on it after it was fully charged?

Were you opening the app to check on it after it was fully charged?
It never reached full charge, and no I didn't check the app, just recovered repeated notification from the lucid app that charging had started

Yesterday I returned home from an airport drop off at around 1pm, SOC at about 20% or so. I plugged in to charge and "Scheduled Charging" shows up in the car and on my iPhone.

I making dinner around 5pm and get an alert on my phone "Charging Started" :rolleyes: I didn't do anything, the car just decided "now" it seems

I've had my Lucid for a year and have been using the Tesla charger with adapter all this time which has worked flawlessly; there is no scheduled charging being performed by the charger itself. I was surprised that charging started on it's own

/keith

Yesterday I returned home from an airport drop off at around 1pm, SOC at about 20% or so. I plugged in to charge and "Scheduled Charging" shows up in the car and on my iPhone.

I making dinner around 5pm and get an alert on my phone "Charging Started" :rolleyes: I didn't do anything, the car just decided "now" it seems

I've had my Lucid for a year and have been using the Tesla charger with adapter all this time which has worked flawlessly; there is no scheduled charging being performed by the charger itself. I was surprised that charging started on it's own

/keith

I’ve just experienced this very thing today, for the very first time. I plugged my Lucid in at 1245 hrs local time, and at 23%, and ensured that “Scheduled Charging” was set for midnight tonight. I walked away and didn’t give it another thought.

Until about 1730 hrs this evening, when I got a notification on my phone that said, “Charging Completed”. Most vexingly, most of this charge session occurred during the second most expensive part of the day (0600 hrs to 1600 hrs); and a smaller part of this this charge session occurred at THE MOST expensive time of day, between 1600 hrs and 2100 hrs. It annoyed me to no end to discover that my car had charged with the most expensive electrons in the country. Electrons between 1600 hrs and 2100 hrs are three times more expensive than ones used during the Super Off Peak period of 0000 hrs to 0600 hrs. Now my dashboard says “Charging Scheduled”. Presumably my car would have started charging again at midnight tonight, had I not unplugged the charger.

I’m using the same setup as you, a first generation Tesla HPWC (HIgh Powered Wall Charger rated to a max of 72 amps), paired with a TeslaTap adapter.

This is the first time that the Lucid has charged on me outside of its scheduled charge time, and I’m still wondering why it happened.

I have had that happen several times - plugged in outside the 12 hr charging window and it should schedule the charge, yet it will start charging. I have also plugged it in and it just says cable connected and doesn’t start the scheduled charg3 overnight. Both are beyond frustrating. I always do a double check now to make sure that the charging has been scheduled properly.

The scheduled charging works through the car, not the app. Do you have a schedule set on your charger? If so, turn that off. From your description, it seems that there is no power from the charger when the car is plugged so the car goes to sleep and does not schedule charging. When you open the app the car wakes up and senses power at the charger and starts charging. As @hydbob says, after plugging in the app should show the charging scheduled message.
I have been having issues as well. I bought the wall charger from Lucid and had it installed through Qmerit. I set scheduled charging on my car to start at 10 PM and always plug it in around 5-8 PM when I get home. Sometimes, it will charge as scheduled no problem. Sometimes, if I open the app before the scheduled start time and after I park and plug it in, the car will start charging on its own. Other times, it will give a message that charging is scheduled. Other times, like today, absolutely nothing happens and I wake up to a half empty battery.

Is there any rhyme or reason to this? My mesh internet connection has been steady and uninterrupted.

I have been having issues as well. I bought the wall charger from Lucid and had it installed through Qmerit. I set scheduled charging on my car to start at 10 PM and always plug it in around 5-8 PM when I get home. Sometimes, it will charge as scheduled no problem. Sometimes, if I open the app before the scheduled start time and after I park and plug it in, the car will start charging on its own. Other times, it will give a message that charging is scheduled. Other times, like today, absolutely nothing happens and I wake up to a half empty battery.

Is there any rhyme or reason to this? My mesh internet connection has been steady and uninterrupted.
I've seen issues, do you have it geofenced? I also have plugged in to nothing, but I always check the app to make sure charging is scheduled now. Recently, it started 4 hours ahead of schedule, but then the next time after that was just fine.

I've seen issues, do you have it geofenced? I also have plugged in to nothing, but I always check the app to make sure charging is scheduled now. Recently, it started 4 hours ahead of schedule, but then the next time after that was just fine.
Sorry to sound like a noob, but what is geofencing? If I am, I didn’t do it intentionally. Is there something I should try to see if that’s the problem?

I just find it odd that it hasn’t been consistent since I got the charger installed.

Thanks for the insight.

Well, it certainly seems I'm not alone experiencing issues with "scheduled charging"! I guess makes me feel better...I guess!

I will be the first to admit that I don't know how scheduled charging works (phone app based, car based, charger based, combination of them all), but I recently switched from Apple iPhone to Samsung Galaxy (after my last rant post) and have had virtually 0 app-time outs when connecting in the morning or missed scheduled charging sessions in the evening. Is it the app and the OS that makes a difference? Pure coincidence that it works right when I switch? Anyone else having issues with just iOS and not Android? I really have no idea. I'm hoping that the consistency with Android remains.

Now if only we had Android Auto...

I will be the first to admit that I don't know how scheduled charging works (phone app based, car based, charger based, combination of them all), but I recently switched from Apple iPhone to Samsung Galaxy (after my last rant post) and have had virtually 0 app-time outs when connecting in the morning or missed scheduled charging sessions in the evening. Is it the app and the OS that makes a difference? Pure coincidence that it works right when I switch? Anyone else having issues with just iOS and not Android? I really have no idea. I'm hoping that the consistency with Android remains.

Now if only we had Android Auto...
Scheduled charging is entirely controlled in the car and doesn't need a mobile app at all, so no longer missing scheduled charging sessions has got to be a coincidence. I think there is an issue where the app waking up the car causes it to start charging outside of the scheduled window though.
App wake-ups looking better could 100% be because of the phone though. The thing is, the car itself doesn't have an issue waking up. It takes a minute, but it's completely reliable. The app (iOS at least) seems to just have trouble either sending the request to wake up, or recognizing that the car has woken up.

Recently noted behavior change. Scheduled for 2am, plug in after 2pm, and go inside. Then later realized the car was charging at expensive electric rates.

Back