Scheduled charging unreliable

...I now have a lucid charger and IT works every time. But…… its software is something out of the 1990s. Saying it’s basic is a complement...
It's best thought of as a dumb charger like the old Clipper Creek units - sturdy and reliable but featureless.

I've used the Chargepoint Flex for the 2 years I've had my car and have never had a problem, as long as I don't set the Chargepoint to have any sort of schedule. The Flex is always on and I have scheduled charging set in my Air. Starts at midnight every time. No idea why I'm so lucky and/or so many others are unlucky 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've used the Chargepoint Flex for the 2 years I've had my car and have never had a problem, as long as I don't set the Chargepoint to have any sort of schedule. The Flex is always on and I have scheduled charging set in my Air. Starts at midnight every time. No idea why I'm so lucky and/or so many others are unlucky 🤷🏻‍♂️
I do the same thing, Juicebox instead of Chargepoint. But all it's smart features are off and it's no longer connected to wifi. The car sets the schedule and I've never had a problem.

I use a GoPlug EVSE with all the smart features disabled. I've never been able to get my Air to charge per schedule (start at 12:05 am). Any clues what to look at?

I use a GoPlug EVSE with all the smart features disabled. I've never been able to get my Air to charge per schedule (start at 12:05 am). Any clues what to look at?
Can you try your car's mobile charging cable overnight to see if scheduled charging works with it?

Can you try your car's mobile charging cable overnight to see if scheduled charging works with it?
Thanks for your suggestion. Shortly after I posted last night, I tried something else and it worked. No idea why. I'll explain what I did different, but first some background.

I can't recall when the scheduled charging stopped working for me, but for the last four months I've been in an Airbnb in the Pasadena area (I live in the 94040 zip on the SF Peninsula). While at the Airbnb I've exclusively used the Lucid mobile connector. Since the car wasn't "home" it wasn't doing scheduled charging and I didn't really care because I wasn't paying the electrical bill at the Airbnb.

But I came home a few days ago and assumed it would start scheduled charging. It didn't, and I really care because otherwise I'm paying PG&E's $0.59/kWh during a significant part of the day. I toggled the scheduled charging on and off and on again -- nothing.

But after I posted, I decided to delete my home address and then reenter, and that's what did it.

No idea if it was because I was away for so long, or if an update while I was away somehow stomped on a setting that needed to be reset. Whatever. It works again and I'm happy.

I shouldn't have said "never." Was being dramatic out of frustration. It had worked once (see my further comment below).

I can't recall when the scheduled charging stopped working for me, but for the last four months I've been in an Airbnb in the Pasadena area (I live in the 94040 zip on the SF Peninsula)...
No idea if it was because I was away for so long, or if an update while I was away somehow stomped on a setting that needed to be reset. Whatever. It works again and I'm happy.
I lived in Pasadena for four years, zip code 91126 😉 Some parts were very pleasant.

Spoke to soon. Charged for 10 min at midnight then shut itself off
Did you ever resolve the Juice Box and Lucid charging issues?
I have tried all combinations of scheduled Juice and or Lucid... all do not work unitil I "wake up" the Lucid app once the scheduled time has startred.

Thoughts please?

Thank you

I have tried all combinations of scheduled Juice and or Lucid... all do not work unitil I "wake up" the Lucid app once the scheduled time has startred.

Thoughts please?

Thank you
What kinda of phone do you have? If it's Android, is the app set to stay running in the background?

Thoughts please?

Thank you
It's hit or miss, but generally if the lucid is set to scheduling, before plugging in the charger, shut off the charger side scheduling, then plug in the car until it recognizes and indicates that charging is scheduled (the juice should say that charging is paused). Then return to the juice box app and restore scheduling. It should start charging at the scheduled time and stop charging based on the charger side control.

Back