Scheduled charging unreliable

I had an issue once where it didn't work as intended but put it down to a glitch \ bug. Ever since this feature rolled out i've been using it and apart from that one time i've never had an issue. Both on a JuiceBox and the Lucid charger.
I hear that. I just get frustrated when the scheduled charging will work for a couple days in a row and then completely stop working but for no reason. If I can't rely on it, I'm not going to use the feature. And the fact is after all this time people are STILL having problems...

...I just get frustrated when the scheduled charging will work for a couple days in a row and then completely stop working but for no reason. If I can't rely on it, I'm not going to use the feature. And the fact is after all this time people are STILL having problems...
Lucid's level 2 charging is only half-baked. Scheduled charging from the car mostly works but with no ability to set a stop time. Scheduled charging from the charging station does not work, something that's been causing problems for me when charging from excess solar production.

I had an issue once where it didn't work as intended but put it down to a glitch \ bug. Ever since this feature rolled out i've been using it and apart from that one time i've never had an issue. Both on a JuiceBox and the Lucid charger.

Can you please tell where you set the time and charge limits ... on the Juice Box app or on the Lucid? (I have a Jucie Box and have to wake up the Lucid app OR hit START on JB app)
'
Thank you!

Can you please tell where you set the time and charge limits ... on the Juice Box app or on the Lucid? (I have a Jucie Box and have to wake up the Lucid app OR hit START on JB app)
'
Thank you!
For best results, set up scheduled charging on the car, on its Charging menu. Turn off any charge scheduling on the Juice Box. Then plug the car in.

Sadly this seems to still be a problem. I plugged into my Lucid Home Charger last night and have the car scheduled to start charging at 0100. This morning I noticed I never received notifications that the charging session started or stopped, so I opened the App (iOS) and the charging session started as soon as it connected to the vehicle. Luckily, I was able to get an hour of charging in before I had to leave, but pretty annoying. Lucid really needs to up their software game, like seriously.

Sadly this seems to still be a problem. I plugged into my Lucid Home Charger last night and have the car scheduled to start charging at 0100. This morning I noticed I never received notifications that the charging session started or stopped, so I opened the App (iOS) and the charging session started as soon as it connected to the vehicle. Luckily, I was able to get an hour of charging in before I had to leave, but pretty annoying. Lucid really needs to up their software game, like seriously.
Can you take a few screenshots of how your scheduled charging is set up? Is it set up solely on the car? Geofenced correctly?

Can you take a few screenshots of how your scheduled charging is set up? Is it set up solely on the car? Geofenced correctly?
Concur with the above - I cannot schedule charge on my car because my car keeps showing up as being parked at my neighbor's house across the street. i think mine has trouble triangulating as I'm in a nearly cell-free zone.

This was the first time I had an issue with scheduled charging last night...no idea what happened but I'll monitor it

Concur with the above - I cannot schedule charge on my car because my car keeps showing up as being parked at my neighbor's house across the street. i think mine has trouble triangulating as I'm in a nearly cell-free zone.
Hm, GPS should work even without cellular service; it uses a different set of satellites, not triangulation via cell towers. Can you get it on WiFI?

'
Thank you!
I set the lucid to start charging at 1205am. I shut off the juice box scheduled charging and then plug the lucid in. Once the lucid recognizes its plugged in, it says "charging scheduled." I then go back to the juice box app and I make sure it says that charging is paused. You them toggle scheduled charging in the juice box app and it should work. In my case I have the juice box schedule charging 1200am to 8am in my TOU. It seems to generally work. When it hasn't I have no clue what went wrong.

I've noticed charging issues recently after the last S/W update. My charging sessions at home have not been starting at the time previously programmed into the car. I was going to do a logo reset and mess around with changing the charging start time to see if it makes a difference.

This attached is all there is, the Lucid scheduled charging screen is pretty limited. The iOS app has no way to modify the charging schedule. I have the Lucid Home Charger which does not have any scheduling in the web interface. The car is on my home WIFi, so it should have no trouble knowing when its home. It was also plugged into my home charger, which I suspect it could also use to know it's at home.

I was guessing it was an issue waking up the car to begin charging because the charging began when I woke it up from the app.

Attachments

• IMG_1071.webp
    IMG_1071.webp
    166.1 KB · Views: 29
This attached is all there is, the Lucid scheduled charging screen is pretty limited. The iOS app has no way to modify the charging schedule. I have the Lucid Home Charger which does not have any scheduling in the web interface. The car is on my home WIFi, so it should have no trouble knowing when its home. It was also plugged into my home charger, which I suspect it could also use to know it's at home.

I was guessing it was an issue waking up the car to begin charging because the charging began when I woke it up from the app.
Same here ... mine started charging when I checked app and woke it up.

Since 2.3.0 scheduled charging is flakey. I have it set for 12:01 AM but it will start charging when I plug it in or open the app during the scheduled downtime. Some nights it doesn’t charge when scheduled. I have tried logo reset and deleted and reprogrammed scheduled charging.

This is my sixth plug-in vehicle. All of the others, from Chevy to BMW, had robust scheduled charging. One (Honda)even let you plug in your utility and rate plan and it would automatically charge at optimal times. It would seem that Lucid should have at least reliable rudimentary scheduled charging- or at least work with smart chargers like JuiceBox.

Hm, GPS should work even without cellular service; it uses a different set of satellites, not triangulation via cell towers. Can you get it on WiFI?
Hah - shape of house makes WiFi dodgy too - but it works when it does connect...

I've noticed charging issues recently after the last S/W update. My charging sessions at home have not been starting at the time previously programmed into the car. I was going to do a logo reset and mess around with changing the charging start time to see if it makes a difference.
Update: logo reset, then changing scheduled start time didn't work for me. Car was not charging when I checked my iPhone app (which stays on) ... BUT started charging after it was awakened.

For reliability, I'll be resorting to shutting off scheduled charging and manually charging upon connection until this is sorted out.

After this update - I am having two issues
#1 I do not have "Precondition" button in the Mobile App (Yes, I have the latest version and I updated the Mobile app before the 2.3.0)
#2 I get notification very often that "Charging session started" almost every 30 minutes and it complained that my charger is not compatible with scheduled charging and it immediately started charging vehicle (It was working flawless before).

I have to admit, this is the first time ever I have had an issue after the S/W update. I will just wait for the newer one before I bug CS

After this update - I am having two issues
#1 I do not have "Precondition" button in the Mobile App (Yes, I have the latest version and I updated the Mobile app before the 2.3.0)
#2 I get notification very often that "Charging session started" almost every 30 minutes and it complained that my charger is not compatible with scheduled charging and it immediately started charging vehicle (It was working flawless before).

I have to admit, this is the first time ever I have had an issue after the S/W update. I will just wait for the newer one before I bug CS
Regarding #1, which version of the mobile app are you on? Regarding #2, would you mind sending me via direct message the date/time for your most recent experience with the issue? Which brand of charger are you using?

Back