Scheduled charging unreliable

Recently noted behavior change. Scheduled for 2am, plug in after 2pm, and go inside. Then later realized the car was charging at expensive electric rates.

I’ve been having this happen too with my Tesla wallcharger. Doesn’t matter which car is plugged in - Tesla or Lucid - the car will just start charging, even though scheduled charging was set for charging to start at midnight. Naturally, and without exception, this “uncommanded charging” only occurs during the most expensive time of day. With my utility that’s between 1600 hrs and 2100 hrs everyday.

I guess I'm lucky. I have had zero issues with scheduled charging. My charging is scheduled to start at 9:55pm and end at 9:55am. I usually plug in after work around 5:30pm and it starts charging at 9:55pm as it's supposed to. If I'm home late and plug in at 11pm, it starts charging right away. I've never had it make a mistake. FWIW, I have a Juicebox wall charger and a 2023 Touring running software version 2.1.60.

Despite app saying scheduled charging and car saying scheduled charging, it started charging on its own ahead of time. Dumb charger and Android phone. Wifi disabled on Lucid. Is there a consensus solution after all this time?

Despite app saying scheduled charging and car saying scheduled charging, it started charging on its own ahead of time. Dumb charger and Android phone. Wifi disabled on Lucid. Is there a consensus solution after all this time?
Don't open the app and don't unlock the car. It's a known bug but you can try these steps to see if it fixes it.

1. Perform Air reset. Settings, About, press Air logo until reset.
2. Schedule a charge to around 5 min after your current time.
3. Exit vehicle, lock car.
4. Wait for charge to start.
5. Stop charge
6. Unlock car and schedule for your desired time.
7. Walk away, do not check on the car.

Don't open the app and don't unlock the car. It's a known bug but you can try these steps to see if it fixes it.

1. Perform Air reset. Settings, About, press Air logo until reset.
2. Schedule a charge to around 5 min after your current time.
3. Exit vehicle, lock car.
4. Wait for charge to start.
5. Stop charge
6. Unlock car and schedule for your desired time.
7. Walk away, do not check on the car.
Thank you.. I did a reset. Hope it was a one time random event

No issues here when using the supplied Lucid cable. Keep in mind the car maintains a trickle charge (at full current) as long as it remains plugged in so you might see multiple notifications on the app. of charging starting/stopping.

As a matter of fact, I manually STOPPED charging on the app for grins one night and left the cable attached while I slept. I discovered car was fully charged (to 80%) in the morning due to "trickle" charging.

Back