Scheduled charging unreliable

I've always had problems reliably charging my Lucid.

I have a ChargePoint HomeFlex charger as well as a Lucid Touring and a Rivian R1S. I started with using the scheduling through the ChargePoint app which is what the Xcel Energy contracted electrician recommended (He does a ton of EV stuff). It worked to turn on when the Rivian was plugged in, but the Lucid wouldn't wake up to charge. Then I was told to turn off scheduled charging I'm the charger and instead do scheduled charging within each of vehicle's software interface. Once again, the Rivian would charge when I told it to charge, but the Lucid would only charge about 40% of the time.

Like other have mentioned, the Lucid seems to go into such a deep sleep that it can't be woken up to charge in time. When I open the app, it often takes over 30-40 seconds to even wake the vehicle up, which I hear is at least fixed in this newest update). I even moved a wifi gateway into my garage so it has a very strong connection but the Lucid still fumbles the ball. Even when I plug it in at 7PM or so for a midnight start time, the Lucid will suddenly start charging (at peak hours and prices that are exactly NOT what I want ). The car doesn't listen to me when it is awake or asleep!

I use the schedule charging feature almost every time I charge from home and it has yet to not work for me. I only use the scheduling feature from the car itself and do not have anything else setup via the home charger app etc.

My garage has a Lucid Connected Home Charging Station and WiFi. Scheduled charging is set to commence at 12:05 a.m.

The problem is that sometimes when I plug in the car and with charging scheduled, charging begins as soon as I make the connection.

Other times, again, with charging scheduled, if I open the IOS app and I'm standing inside either the house or garage, and with the car plugged in, charging begins.

I've spoken with CS three times but the issue remains unresolved. On the last call, tech advised me to change the location of my home to my neighbor's. The thinking was this has to do with the car seeing the distance from where the car is parked (in the garage) to my home as 850', which happens to be the distance from my garage to the end of my driveway so the car thought that it wasn't home. The distance from neighbor's house to my garage is less. Yet, this fix hasn't helped.

I have 2.4.2 and have still noticed the car does not wake to charge if the car goes to sleep, and the charger transitions from not supplying power to supplying power (using charging scheduled in the charging station).

Lucid has mentioned that their software plan includes making improvements to scheduled charging.

Lucid has mentioned that their software plan includes making improvements to scheduled charging.
Thank God! It’s about time. The charging scheduling on this car is the absolute worst. They need to allow a start time, stop time, allow for different weekend/weekday schedules as TOU times are different and allow to set the max amps to pull since I sometimes want to pull less current.

My garage has a Lucid Connected Home Charging Station and WiFi. Scheduled charging is set to commence at 12:05 a.m.

The problem is that sometimes when I plug in the car and with charging scheduled, charging begins as soon as I make the connection.

Other times, again, with charging scheduled, if I open the IOS app and I'm standing inside either the house or garage, and with the car plugged in, charging begins.

I've spoken with CS three times but the issue remains unresolved. On the last call, tech advised me to change the location of my home to my neighbor's. The thinking was this has to do with the car seeing the distance from where the car is parked (in the garage) to my home as 850', which happens to be the distance from my garage to the end of my driveway so the car thought that it wasn't home. The distance from neighbor's house to my garage is less. Yet, this fix hasn't helped.
I hate reading posts like these.

Only because I and many others have posted the exact same thing countless times before, and it still isn't fixed despite all of our calls to customer service and home visits and using the official charger and official app and etc etc.

I feel for you bro. I just stopped talking to customer service altogether and gave up completely on scheduled charging until they actually fix it.

I hate reading posts like these.

Only because I and many others have posted the exact same thing countless times before, and it still isn't fixed despite all of our calls to customer service and home visits and using the official charger and official app and etc etc.

I feel for you bro. I just stopped talking to customer service altogether and gave up completely on scheduled charging until they actually fix it.
Try this and see if it works.

1. Turn off scheduled charging.
2. Plug in the car and let it charge for a couple mins.
3. Stop the charge.
4. Perform a reset. Put the car in Park. Press the brake pedal. Push the X and the Mic button. Let the car reset itself.
5. Schedule the charge.
6. Plug in
7. Ensure before you leave, the charging screen says "Charging Scheduled"

3. Stop the charge.
4. Perform a reset. Put the car in Park. Press the brake pedal. Push the X and the Mic button. Let the car reset itself.
5. Schedule the charge.
6. Plug in
Thank you Bob, but here is the issue.

I can try this, and it'll probably work. It'll probably work for like 4 days. And then one day I'll wake up to a car that isn't charged, even though I keep the same routine.

The unpredictability with no rhyme or reason to it working or not is the problem. That is what I get incredibly frustrated with. It will work for days at a time. And then one day it'll just not work.

That's why I give up. But I do appreciate your thoughts. I try to not to complain too much but that isn't working today either 🥲

I can try this, and it'll probably work. It'll probably work for like 4 days. And then one day I'll wake up to a car that isn't charged, even though I keep the same routine.

The unpredictability with no rhyme or reason to it working or not is the problem. That is what I get incredibly frustrated with. It will work for days at a time. And then one day it'll just not work.

That's why I give up. But I do appreciate your thoughts. I try to not to complain too much but that isn't working today either 🥲
I would consider trying @hydbob's steps from scratch one more time. Mine works flawlessly every time I plug It in, and I know I'm not an exception.

I had the same issue a few updates ago and after performing the steps above haven't had it since. Give it a shot 😀

Thank God! It’s about time. The charging scheduling on this car is the absolute worst. They need to allow a start time, stop time, allow for different weekend/weekday schedules as TOU times are different and allow to set the max amps to pull since I sometimes want to pull less current.
And they also need to fix the car's cooperation with charger-side scheduling. My home PV system can charge the car using only excess solar, which comes and goes throughout the day, and the car refuses to charge on this unless I wake it up manually each time charging power resumes. Our other EV works fine in this regard.

3. Stop the charge.
5. Schedule the charge.
6. Plug in
I followed your advice but, unfortunately, charging failed to commence at 12:05 a.m. as scheduled.

And when I opened the app at 8:00 a.m, charging began.

I edited my post above but overran the timer so I couldn’t put in my edits anymore nor delete my original post. Here is the same post reposted with edits: (fixed by mod)

I’m having all sorts of problems charging too. My setup is not the most ideal perhaps, I’ve got a Tesla HPWC (High Power Wall Charger), second generation, charging both our Model X and my Air GT via a TeslaTap adapter. Until about two months ago I had been using this setup with 100% success, with the car starting charging at midnight to the level preset.

Today, scheduled charging or not, my car stops charging after a few minutes. Sometimes my phone announces this via a notification on my screen that I happen to catch, sometimes it doesn’t. The car, or app, throws out a few error messages, examples of which I’ve included below.

I’ve reset my charger, and my Air GT using the steps described by @hydbob above. No change. The car still stops charging after a few minutes. Sometimes I will do what the error message says, run downstairs and unplug and replug the car. Sometimes I’ll just watch my Lucid app as the car starts charging again, just because I opened the Lucid app.

I’ve taken to setting a ten minute timer on my phone. This reminds me to check on the Lucid app whether the car is still charging.

Last night, I started with charging the car manually at 2200 hrs. Not yet the cheapest time of day to start charging, but I didn’t want to wait until midnight, and I was no longer trusting that the car would start charging at the scheduled time anyway. I got two or three false starts where the car stopped charging after a few minutes, I’d climb out of bed, go downstairs, unplug and replug the charger into the car. Then I decided to stop this tedious routine of running downstairs and unplugging and replugging, and I went to sleep.

When I woke up this morning, just as I feared, I discovered that the car had stopped charging several minutes later. I had gotten tired of getting out of bed and running downstairs.

This morning, I opened the app, and naturally, the car started charging. I started my coffee and went to the garage. I unplugged and replugged the charger. I set the timer on my phone for ten minutes. For the next thirty minutes or so, prompted by the timer I would check the Lucid app. Three times, the car stopped charging. Downstairs I’d go to unplug and replug.

As of right now, the car has been charging uninterrupted for the last twenty-five minutes. Historically when it’s gone this long without stopping it usually means the car will continue to charge.

The most annoying thing about all this is that I can’t take advantage of charging my car at the lowest possible electricity rates, unless I’m willing to stay awake until midnight, plug the car in, and then fuss with both the car and the Lucid app with interrupted charging and unplugging and replugging the charger three or four times before giving up and hoping for the best.

I’ve also noticed, no joke, when I plug the car in to charge at the MOST expensive time of day (I think it’s 54 cents per kW between 1600 hrs and 2100 hrs), the car charges on the first attempt, and flawlessly. Thank you, SDG&E.

I just don’t know what to do anymore. One thought I’ve been entertaining is to just buy a brand new Lucid wallcharger and have that installed. Maybe that way I would avoid these problems I’ve been experiencing lately.

Here are a few of the messages I’ve been getting:

Attachments

• IMG_3734.webp
    IMG_3734.webp
    78.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
I get a "charging equipment error" from the car when my charger stops supplying current to the car. Could it be that your Tesla Tap is going bad? Alternatively try charging on a friend's J1772 charger to see if that's reliable.

I get a "charging equipment error" from the car when my charger stops supplying current to the car. Could it be that your Tesla Tap is going bad? Alternatively try charging on a friend's J1772 charger to see if that's reliable.

Hi! Yes. I’ve started suspecting so. I’ve also started noticing that the TeslaTap adapter and charging handle gets quite warm while charging. Maybe I should order a new TeslaTap adapter first before dropping a thousand dollars and waiting six weeks for a new Lucid wall charger…

In the meantime you’ve got me thinking, who amongst my friends and family (apart from my Tesla-owning cousin), owns an EV and a charging setup at home..

Thanks for your suggestions.

Hi! Yes. I’ve started suspecting so. I’ve also started noticing that the TeslaTap adapter and charging handle gets quite warm while charging.
It could be that the Tesla charger is shutting down because of heat from a faulty Tesla tap.

Likely best to get that "Ford" 80 amp Tesla Tap if you do wind up buying another.

My workaround: when I get up in the middle to the night to empty my bladder, simply open the app, and voilà, it'll start charging.

Back