Phone app issues on Android

Ricetomeetyou

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AT, Rivian R1S
Referral Code
XXOKDA0I
I have a OnePlus 10 Pro on Android 13 and I seem to always have issues with the Lucid app. I try using the "Phone as a Key" function but it is very unreliable. I have to stand outside my car looking like a fool holding the door handle in just to set the car to "wake up". 10 seconds later I "sometimes" get the car to respond. Even standing next to my car, the app shows "waking up vehicle" and sometimes stays like this for over 30 seconds. Interestingly, when my wife (she has an iPhone 12) gets sick of waiting for me, she pulls up the app on her phone and instantly can wake the car and unlock the vehicle. Only when she initiates the unlock action on her phone does the car "wake up" on my app. I make sure on my Lucid phone app to keep precise location on at all times. I even made sure to lock the Lucid app in my notification drawer so that Android doesn't automatically close it to save resources.

Is there anything else I can do before getting too fed up and just buying an iPhone?

iPhones do tend to work better with the Lucid. And, of course, there is CarPlay. But that being said, between your post and @codys21, it seems like the OnePlus has more problems than other Android phones. My Samsung works pretty nearly flawlessly. I've even gone on a few drives without the fob and had no problems.

The fobs work very well.
Nowhere near as flawlessly as the Rivian key fob, but yes it does work better than the phone. However, PaaK is promoted by almost every manufacturer nowadays as being such a useful key fob replacement. I just want it to work like it should.

Same exact experience here with zfold4, pixel 7. Even tried an old iPhone for a week and it's the same problem. 75 percent of the time i need to open the app to wake the car. The other 25 percent it works. Settings all maxed out (battery, always open, etc). Still haven't found any trend when it works and when it doesn't. It always eventually opens and I haven't been carrying the fob (card in my wallet in case but never ever used it).

My rivian PaaK is perfect and always opens by the time I'm by the handle.

I have a Pixel 7, and the auto close/open works quite well for me. I think that upgrades to either your phone OS or the app can cause problems. If you can, I would suggest that you upgrade to Android 14, or that you at least have all the most recent security updates installed. (I know that your phone might not be able to run the Android 14 upgrade.) Following that, I would make sure that the Lucid app has the latest upgrade, and that it is set to run in the background. Last, I would tap the little phone icon in the upper right corner of the app, and hit 'remove vehicle'. Then, go down to the car with your fob, turn the auto close and auto open options off and on again, and then re-link your phone. to the app. Then, lock your car, put your fob somewhere out of broadcast distance, and give it a try. Hope this helps!

I have a OnePlus 10 Pro on Android 13 and I seem to always have issues with the Lucid app. I try using the "Phone as a Key" function but it is very unreliable. I have to stand outside my car looking like a fool holding the door handle in just to set the car to "wake up". 10 seconds later I "sometimes" get the car to respond. Even standing next to my car, the app shows "waking up vehicle" and sometimes stays like this for over 30 seconds. Interestingly, when my wife (she has an iPhone 12) gets sick of waiting for me, she pulls up the app on her phone and instantly can wake the car and unlock the vehicle. Only when she initiates the unlock action on her phone does the car "wake up" on my app. I make sure on my Lucid phone app to keep precise location on at all times. I even made sure to lock the Lucid app in my notification drawer so that Android doesn't automatically close it to save resources.

Is there anything else I can do before getting too fed up and just buying an iPhone?
That was my issue too with my Samsung galaxy S20 ultra. I just upgraded to the S24 ultra and I noticed a big improvement. The phone is detected from farther away so it unlocks faster on approach and takes a greater distance for it to turn off when walking away

I meant to re-link your phone/app to the car. Sorry.
I had just delete the phone as a mobile key and added it back. I never switched any settings about auto open and close though. Don't think it should matter. The app destroys my battery already because I keep it in the foreground so it's always "open".

I have noticed that when that happens with my Sony phone, if I swipe down from the top of the screen and then swipe the notices back up with the Lucid app open, it immediately starts waking up the car.

I have noticed that when that happens with my Sony phone, if I swipe down from the top of the screen and then swipe the notices back up with the Lucid app open, it immediately starts waking up the car.
What a weird bug. I'll try it next time.

I may be wrong, but I think it's more effective to set the Lucid app to run in the background than to keep the app open all the time. That's both from an operational and a power management perspective.

Back