• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Geofencing Charge Scheduling?

fyellin

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
As long as we're making wish lists.

When I charge my car at home, I want it to charge when electricity is cheap. Everywhere else (gym, work), I want it to start charging right away.

So I sort of have two items on my wishlist:

1) Geofence charging schedules so that they only apply to specific locations.
2) Make it easier to say "charge right now" in spite of the schedule.

As soon as I open the charge port, if I'm in the middle of my excluded time, I should get a pop-up that says "Charge now anyway"?

When I charge my car at home, I want it to charge when electricity is cheap. Everywhere else (gym, work), I want it to start charging right away.

As soon as I open the charge port, if I'm in the middle of my excluded time, I should get a pop-up that says "Charge now anyway"?
for 2) Just turn off scheduled charging. 2 clicks

But then I may forget to turn it back on. And I don't see "scheduled charging" if I open the charge port using my phone or the left cockpit panel.
True, it is on the charging tab on the pilot panel.

Geofenced scheduled charging options are already on the wishlist. 9th time on the page. www.lucidupdates.com

There are several items on the scheduled charging wish list for me:
  1. Geofencing (only scheduled charging at home)
  2. setting duration for scheduled charging (not 12 hours, but can be customized)
  3. turns off charging outside of scheduled charging hours - once the charging window is over, charging should stop, whether or not the limit was reached. A setting also to override that (i.e. prioritize full charge by starting earlier or ending later)
  4. multiple scheduling periods (I.e. different schedules for weekdays and weekends)

Back